Free-key Monday for Making History: The Great War

Started by MuzzyDev, June 02, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

I didnt pay much atttention to them this round and the little fuckers invaded most of Indochina by themselves.  O0
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Rayfer

Now you got me looking forward to playing again tomorrow!

GDS_Starfury

and the South seceded again.... ACW part 2.   >:(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Ian C

It's really worth checking out the new manual (scroll down to 'view manual': http://store.steampowered.com/app/279140/) particularly for, amongst other things, this:

Page 20

Friendly Fire
When firing artillery from an adjacent region into a region where a battle is ongoing, there is a 50% chance that the artillery will damage your own units. This can be modified in your favor by deploying observation balloons in the region with the artillery, and aircraft in the region where the battle is taking place. Each air unit deployed in this fashion reduces the chance of friendly fire by 1%. So, as an example, if you have 10 Observation Balloons with your artillery and 10 fighters in the battle, the chance for friendly fire drops from 50% to 30%. This makes it vital to deploy as many of these air units as possible when using artillery support, and also to shoot down enemy aircraft that support your enemy's artillery barrage.

Rayfer

Thanks...I was unable to find a manual. I need one! Will have to look again.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


son_of_montfort

So... I've been looking at this one for a while now. Is it worth jumping into the Early Access at this point?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

OJsDad

Great question SOM. 

    First, if you can get a free access key, then yes, grab it.
   
    If you're paying for it then maybe. 

    I think the biggest thing that needs to be resolved is how the world powers respond to naked aggressiveness.  I'm playing as Mexico.  I've annexed everything from the Panama Canal to the Mexican boarder, except for Belize.  The US never seemed to care.  It wasn't until I invaded Cuba that someone decided to declare war on me.  It was the Netherlands.  I was able to quickly take all of their Carribean islands unopposed.  While I was taking them, the French then declared war on me, this while France was nearly totally overrun by the Germans and Italians.  I was then able to take the French lands in the Carribean and South America with no French opposition.

      There are quite a few of little things that need fixed.  For example, I have no idea who's at war with who, as it seems that the screen that shows it never clears a war off unless the losing country was annexed. 

      I sure these will get ironed out, just not sure how you'll feel about them.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rayfer

Well....as happened to GDS, when I invaded Mexico playing as the USA, Britain immediately declared war on me but has yet to take any aggressive moves against me.  I still can't find any manual, it really needs one.  Field artillery can't be stacked with infantry armies, they are stand alone units. They get wiped out very quickly in battles.  All in all, I am enjoying this game. Making me think I might want to check out their WW2 game.

Gusington

I agree, I would really like a manual here to get a better idea of what I'm doing.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

There is a manual on steam. Just posted last week. I haven't had a chance to read it though.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Yeah but people above commented that more info is needed for the posted manual.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: OJsDad on August 19, 2014, 10:05:31 AM
There is a manual on steam. Just posted last week. I haven't had a chance to read it though.

But where? I went looking for it but couldn't find it anywhere. Help!

steve58

#103
If you go to the Steam store page for MH:TGW, and scroll down....look on the right side of the store page under where it says Single-Player, Multi-player, etc....a little further down there is a link that says View the manual.

It actually doesn't seem to be working at the moment (at least for me) and I can't seem to attach it since its larger than 3MB...

Link above appears to be working now...

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Rayfer

#104
Quote from: steve58 on August 19, 2014, 12:27:52 PM
If you go to the Steam store page for MH:TGW, and scroll down....look on the right side of the store page under where it says Single-Player, Multi-player, etc....a little further down there is a link that says View the manual.

It actually doesn't seem to be working at the moment (at least for me) and I can't seem to attach it since its larger than 3MB...

Link above appears to be working now...
[/quote

I found the link but it just times out to a blank page.  But at least I know where it is and can check it later.  Thanks.