Main Menu

WITP Admirals Edition

Started by magnus, June 02, 2014, 04:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

This looks to be a good collection of links from the Matrix forums for new players:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2576157
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bbmike

Quote from: panzerde on June 09, 2014, 08:02:24 PM
This looks to be a good collection of links from the Matrix forums for new players:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2576157

Nice, thanks for posting that!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on June 09, 2014, 08:02:24 PM
This looks to be a good collection of links from the Matrix forums for new players:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2576157

Just the stuff needed.  Thanks!

undercovergeek


bbmike

This can't be any  more difficult than learning an early Paradox game, right?  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

undercovergeek

you can learn the mechanics, all of them but there are still a few things that bite your ass that nobody can explain

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 10, 2014, 04:45:11 AM
print

toilet

read

Pretty much the standard three steps for a manual that's worth reading.

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 10, 2014, 04:45:11 AM
print

toilet

read

1) Paste PDF manual to Kindle

2) Read


It looks like it would take a lot of time for #2, however.     :))

BanzaiCat

^ That last comment bowled me over.

I think you were flush with excitement when you typed it.

Pinetree

Oh, shit. more crappy puns. There goes this thread down the toilet...
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Yskonyn

Darn, these threads do it to me every time...
I hit the install button again for my WitP AE copy...  :o

Have done this dance several times now and I still have no clue what I am or should be doing in the game.  O:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on June 10, 2014, 02:47:05 PM
Darn, these threads do it to me every time...
I hit the install button again for my WitP AE copy...  :o

Have done this dance several times now and I still have no clue what I am or should be doing in the game.  O:-)

Those links Panzerde posted are helpful.  I've been watching the vids.  Although the recording quality isn't good, I can make it out enough to learn something.

jomni

This thread makes me want to start a new campaign and finally stick it through till the end.

Yskonyn

Yeah the video's are helpful indeed.
What I struggle with is that the manual only explaines what this button and that button does in a technical way. It never discusses the bigger picture of how to combine all those options into a strategy or explain the why of things.

It's like an engineers manual for an aircraft rather than its flight manual for pilots. ;)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

RyanE

That type of manual is ok if have a bunch of scenarios that take an hour or so to play.  But when typical scenarios can take months to finish, mistakes are not forgiving.