Rainbow 6 Siege. House breaching multi-player.

Started by jomni, June 10, 2014, 12:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

This definitely breaks the monotony of conquest and team death match games.
http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/09/rainbow-six-siege-debut-trailer-e3-2014

Couple of comments.
1) that trailer was highly scripted so not sure if the real multilayer game will be as immersive as that.
2) is this console only? If so then please move to console section.

RooksBailey

PC Gamer has a pretty good article on the current state of the game (TLDR: that was pre-alpha footage at E3).  They are trying to cram some interesting stuff into this game:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/18/rainbow-six-siege-interview-how-destruction-works-moddability-hostage-design/

But again, the build we saw in that E3 demo was really just a tech demo.  As this interview makes clear, there is a lot of development left to do on this game.  Nonetheless, this potentially sounds really interesting.  It almost seems like Ubisoft is poised to outmaneuver DICE when it comes to destructible environments.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Grim.Reaper

So the game releases on Tuesday....strongly considering this one even though I am not a multiplayer guru.....although they don't have a single player campaign, they do have (11) single player missions that come with it....right now on cdkeys.com, the game is only $26.99 (assuming you use the discount code of CDKEYSBLACK10), which I can talk myself into that is roughly $2.45 per single player mission for me...probably enough content to warrant it:)

http://www.cdkeys.com/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

Jarhead0331

It's a sin they are using the Rainbow 6 name on this garbage. I'll buy this when it is on sale for less than $10.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skoop

You can play the open beta right now and try it out.  The game has some cool elements, really wished they would have brought back the planning phase of the old R6 games.  The pre mission planning and squad control was what made the franchise unique.  Now it's really just like a flashier insurgency. 
The beta is fun though, if your not into pvp you can do player vs ai.  There's an auto match making feature for random coops against the AI. On realistic setting its pretty challenging.

There's not a lot of content here for sixty bucks, for 20 it's probaly worth it.  I bet they are going to release more maps as dlc.  If they spent time on fleashing out a planning mode and sp content, I'd pay for that.

I feel like they nailed the tactical part, they just need the planning and squad control to make it a true R6 release.



Jarhead0331

#5
Quote from: Skoop on November 29, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
You can play the open beta right now and try it out.  The game has some cool elements, really wished they would have brought back the planning phase of the old R6 games.  The pre mission planning and squad control was what made the franchise unique.  Now it's really just like a flashier insurgency. 
The beta is fun though, if your not into pvp you can do player vs ai.  There's an auto match making feature for random coops against the AI. On realistic setting its pretty challenging.

There's not a lot of content here for sixty bucks, for 20 it's probaly worth it.  I bet they are going to release more maps as dlc.  If they spent time on fleashing out a planning mode and sp content, I'd pay for that.

I feel like they nailed the tactical part, they just need the planning and squad control to make it a true R6 release.

I couldn't disagree with this assessment more. The UI is pretty poor. Movement feels extremely clunky, as does target acquisition and combat.  It is totally "gamey" with unlocks and it doesn't feel "tactical" in the least. Being able to blow holes in walls and floors, or place totally unrealistic reinforcing structures does not make a game "tactical".

If you LOVE Call of Duty type games and want to pretend you are playing something just a little more authentic, then this may be for you. Otherwise, crap.

These opinions are based off of the beta on the Xbone. Theoretically, the experience could be better on the PC, but my money is on still sucking.

I will say that if you view this game independently and don't compare it to the original games in the series, you may not be that disappointed. But as a devoted fan of the original series, I find this iteration offensive.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 29, 2015, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: Skoop on November 29, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
You can play the open beta right now and try it out.  The game has some cool elements, really wished they would have brought back the planning phase of the old R6 games.  The pre mission planning and squad control was what made the franchise unique.  Now it's really just like a flashier insurgency. 
The beta is fun though, if your not into pvp you can do player vs ai.  There's an auto match making feature for random coops against the AI. On realistic setting its pretty challenging.

There's not a lot of content here for sixty bucks, for 20 it's probaly worth it.  I bet they are going to release more maps as dlc.  If they spent time on fleashing out a planning mode and sp content, I'd pay for that.

I feel like they nailed the tactical part, they just need the planning and squad control to make it a true R6 release.

I couldn't disagree with this assessment more. The UI is pretty poor. Movement feels extremely clunky, as does target acquisition and combat.  It is totally "gamey" with unlocks and it doesn't feel "tactical" in the least. Being able to blow holes in walls and floors, or place totally unrealistic reinforcing structures does not make a game "tactical".

If you LOVE Call of Duty type games and want to pretend you are playing something just a little more authentic, then this may be for you. Otherwise, crap.

These opinions are based off of the beta on the Xbone. Theoretically, the experience could be better on the PC, but my money is on still sucking.

I will say that if you view this game independently and don't compare it to the original games in the series, you may not be that disappointed. But as a devoted fan of the original series, I find this iteration offensive.
JH, not the be offensive at all, but what do you expect? Do you really think any of the big developers care about realism or even gameplay anymore? All they care about is how many 12-16 yr old they can get to convince their parents to part with their money.
I've found more joy the past couple of years paying money to the independents and the niche developers who care more about gameplay and accuracy than twitch mechanics.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on November 29, 2015, 04:06:12 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 29, 2015, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: Skoop on November 29, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
You can play the open beta right now and try it out.  The game has some cool elements, really wished they would have brought back the planning phase of the old R6 games.  The pre mission planning and squad control was what made the franchise unique.  Now it's really just like a flashier insurgency. 
The beta is fun though, if your not into pvp you can do player vs ai.  There's an auto match making feature for random coops against the AI. On realistic setting its pretty challenging.

There's not a lot of content here for sixty bucks, for 20 it's probaly worth it.  I bet they are going to release more maps as dlc.  If they spent time on fleashing out a planning mode and sp content, I'd pay for that.

I feel like they nailed the tactical part, they just need the planning and squad control to make it a true R6 release.

I couldn't disagree with this assessment more. The UI is pretty poor. Movement feels extremely clunky, as does target acquisition and combat.  It is totally "gamey" with unlocks and it doesn't feel "tactical" in the least. Being able to blow holes in walls and floors, or place totally unrealistic reinforcing structures does not make a game "tactical".

If you LOVE Call of Duty type games and want to pretend you are playing something just a little more authentic, then this may be for you. Otherwise, crap.

These opinions are based off of the beta on the Xbone. Theoretically, the experience could be better on the PC, but my money is on still sucking.

I will say that if you view this game independently and don't compare it to the original games in the series, you may not be that disappointed. But as a devoted fan of the original series, I find this iteration offensive.
JH, not the be offensive at all, but what do you expect? Do you really think any of the big developers care about realism or even gameplay anymore? All they care about is how many 12-16 yr old they can get to convince their parents to part with their money.
I've found more joy the past couple of years paying money to the independents and the niche developers who care more about gameplay and accuracy than twitch mechanics.

I know, you're right. A very sad state of affairs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jamus34

Agreed completely JH. It's sad that I can't buy/play games in genres I like because the big developers have destroyed the games with exclusivity deals
Insert witty comment here.

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 29, 2015, 09:49:24 AM
It's a sin they are using the Rainbow 6 name on this garbage. I'll buy this when it is on sale for less than $10.

Its the same with the Ghost Recon titles!

DoctorQuest

I don't know about the game but I dig Jarhead's sig pic.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Boggit

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 29, 2015, 05:55:15 PM
I don't know about the game but I dig Jarhead's sig pic.
Yeah, it's pretty damn cool. His best so far, I think. O0 It's maes my snipercat look pretty lame... :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Skoop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 29, 2015, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: Skoop on November 29, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
You can play the open beta right now and try it out.  The game has some cool elements, really wished they would have brought back the planning phase of the old R6 games.  The pre mission planning and squad control was what made the franchise unique.  Now it's really just like a flashier insurgency. 
The beta is fun though, if your not into pvp you can do player vs ai.  There's an auto match making feature for random coops against the AI. On realistic setting its pretty challenging.

There's not a lot of content here for sixty bucks, for 20 it's probaly worth it.  I bet they are going to release more maps as dlc.  If they spent time on fleashing out a planning mode and sp content, I'd pay for that.

I feel like they nailed the tactical part, they just need the planning and squad control to make it a true R6 release.

I couldn't disagree with this assessment more. The UI is pretty poor. Movement feels extremely clunky, as does target acquisition and combat.  It is totally "gamey" with unlocks and it doesn't feel "tactical" in the least. Being able to blow holes in walls and floors, or place totally unrealistic reinforcing structures does not make a game "tactical".

If you LOVE Call of Duty type games and want to pretend you are playing something just a little more authentic, then this may be for you. Otherwise, crap.

These opinions are based off of the beta on the Xbone. Theoretically, the experience could be better on the PC, but my money is on still sucking.

I will say that if you view this game independently and don't compare it to the original games in the series, you may not be that disappointed. But as a devoted fan of the original series, I find this iteration offensive.

I wasn't endorsing the game as I said there's not much content for 60 bucks and you could get the same experience with 5 dollar insurgency.

The tactical part does get better if you play full real humans vs AI and actually use comms.  It's less call of dutysh......no planning phase or squad control is a no buy for 60 bucks.

PanzersEast


JudgeDredd

Rather disappointed to hear all this. I was hoping for - more. Not being a huge online player (just a huge player  ;D ) I'll skip.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people