What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

Started by JudgeDredd, July 18, 2014, 03:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KyzBP

I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0

Tuna

Played some Napoleon Total War
Three FSX flights.. PMDG 737 NGX, RealAir Turbine Duke and Aerosoft Twin Otter.. all enjoyable..
A lil FELH

Staggerwing

Quote from: KyzBP on July 19, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0

I think I've given away my extra CK2 keys already but I'll send them to you and you can see if they are already registered.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

KyzBP

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 19, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 19, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0

I think I've given away my extra CK2 keys already but I'll send them to you and you can see if they are already registered.

They were already activated but thanks very much for the generous offer.  I may just have to break down and get it.  Thanks again!

Staggerwing

I pmed you a link to Greenman gaming which has the game on sale for $9.99.

I tried to see if you had any interesting games to trade in the event I bought a new key at GMG but your steam profile is 'private'.



Here is the GMG link for everyone interested:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-complete/?gclid=CjwKEAjw0a2eBRDVrabv9vWJ90USJACsKRDHPdapu8XH8Wh4vpclslCJGWXx6lCZajyyu15W7Vqm-xoCy-bw_wcB
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:18:48 AM
I pmed you a link to Greenman gaming which has the game on sale for $9.99.

I tried to see if you had any interesting games to trade in the event I bought a new key at GMG but your steam profile is 'private'.



Here is the GMG link for everyone interested:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-complete/?gclid=CjwKEAjw0a2eBRDVrabv9vWJ90USJACsKRDHPdapu8XH8Wh4vpclslCJGWXx6lCZajyyu15W7Vqm-xoCy-bw_wcB

I believe that is the original version, not CK2:)

Staggerwing

Oh frakk me, you're right. I googled CK2 but didn't pay attention.  :-[

I'll have another look.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

KyzBP,

Looks like there are no good sales running right now ($33-$39 everywhere) but that game pops up at a low price quite a lot if you can wait.

Here's a place to track the price of the game and DLC (and just about any other game):
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:Crusader%20Kings%20II;/scroll:%23gamelist

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

Quote from: Martok on July 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Been on an Armada 2526 Supernova kick the last couple days.  Man, I love the Volmar.  Also been playing around a little more with Civilization V Complete and Crusader Kings 2.

I was thinking about Armada 2526 Supernova the other day as I played Endless Space. I still think it's my recent favorite space 4x. I need to play it again. Are they still updating/developing it?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

#54
Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2014, 08:09:48 AM
Quote from: Martok on July 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Been on an Armada 2526 Supernova kick the last couple days.  Man, I love the Volmar.  Also been playing around a little more with Civilization V Complete and Crusader Kings 2.

I was thinking about Armada 2526 Supernova the other day as I played Endless Space. I still think it's my recent favorite space 4x. I need to play it again. Are they still updating/developing it?
Unfortunately not.  Bob's been busy working on his latest project, an (as-yet unannounced) historical strategy game. 

That being said, he recently admitted that if he'd had any idea how well Armada was going to sell once it went on Steam, he would've begun work on Armada 2527 immediately (rather than planning to develop it several years down the road)...  :P 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Toonces

I can't believe there's anybody that wants CK2 that doesn't already own it, but...

It is practically given away during sales on a routine basis.  Just wait a bit.  Whatever you do, don't pay full price!   :knuppel2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

fabius

Played the hell out of EUIV

And a win on Ultimate General

Had problems downloaded  Divide et Imperia for Rome 2- deleted mode, and re-subscribed but not downloading for some reason.

KyzBP

#57
Thanks to everyone for their efforts in helping me obtain CKII.  Courtesy of Staggerwing's price tracker I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.  Courtesy of Huw the Poo I'll be playing it tonight.  Thanks.

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on July 19, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
Gamespy shut down?  That stinks.  Thanks for the heads up MD.


Ok.  Very simple really.

Step 1)  Go to http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201967707-2K-Online-Server-Migration-from-GameSpy-Technology

Step 2)  Read the update for 6/5/2014

Step 3)  Submit the support request.

IMPORTANT:  You must attach a pic of yourself holding your game box and CD along with a piece of paper with your e-mail address on it.

I did all those things yesterday morning.  By this morning, I had my Steam Key. 

Also be aware, in case you don't read the update for 6/16/2014, Direct IP is no longer an option to connect MP since the move to Steam.  You can turn on Direct IP through Right clicking any of the Civ IV games, selecting Properties, Betas and selecting original_release_unsupported from the drop down.  If the update doesn't start automatically, start the game to force the update to run.

Happy gaming Civ fans :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: KyzBP on July 20, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for their efforts in helping me obtain CKII.  Courtesy of Staggerwing's price tracker I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.  Courtesy of Huw the Poo I'll be playing it tonight.  Thanks.

Awesome!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys