Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Thankyou Freyland, without you i wouldnt have spent the last 10 minutes watching Keifer Sutherlands ass crack  :P

im in

JudgeDredd

#106
Quote from: Sigma One on September 09, 2015, 01:30:55 PM
I just like calling in my chopper and hearing the music you have set to its speakers blare out as rockets and machine fire rain down from above:



I'm at about 15% completion with roughly 20 hours in. I find the side missions a great 'warmup' to do before story missions - practice loadouts and what buddies to bring along.
lol - 15% in at 20 hours? I'm 3% with 27 hours!!  :o

But yeah...the support helicopter is awesome  O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Sigma One

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 09, 2015, 02:21:11 PM
Quote from: Sigma One on September 09, 2015, 01:30:55 PM
I just like calling in my chopper and hearing the music you have set to its speakers blare out as rockets and machine fire rain down from above:



I'm at about 15% completion with roughly 20 hours in. I find the side missions a great 'warmup' to do before story missions - practice loadouts and what buddies to bring along.
lol - 15% in at 20 hours? I'm 3% with 267 hours!!  :o

But yeah...the support helicopter is awesome  O0

267 HOURS!?

Are you on vacation?!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

I've been doing the same as Apocalypse31 - focussing on the side missions.

I might jump into a proper one tonight
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Freyland

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 09, 2015, 01:44:35 PM
Thankyou Freyland, without you i wouldnt have spent the last 10 minutes watching Keifer Sutherlands ass crack  :P

im in

:coolsmiley: O0

Staggerwing

Sigma One! Good to see you hereabouts- Whatcha been up to?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Skoop

Love Sigma One's Robotech avatar, surprised there hasn't been an open world robotech scifi game....anyways, seriously considering getting MGSV....off to watch some lets play vids on youtube to see if that seals the deal.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on September 15, 2015, 10:28:47 AM
Love Sigma One's Robotech avatar, surprised there hasn't been an open world robotech scifi game....anyways, seriously considering getting MGSV....off to watch some lets play vids on youtube to see if that seals the deal.

The game kicks ass. I'm obsessed with it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

#114
Quote from: Skoop on September 15, 2015, 10:28:47 AM
Love Sigma One's Robotech avatar, surprised there hasn't been an open world robotech scifi game....anyways, seriously considering getting MGSV....off to watch some lets play vids on youtube to see if that seals the deal.

Because Robotech is the western packaging (bastardization) for a set of Japanese anime titles.  They basically changed the storylines and connected non-related anime titles together.  The most prominent one is Macross.  There are many Macross games and none of them will be ever ported to the West because of that Robotech snafu.   We did have some Robotech games but they weren't really outstanding.

Apocalypse 31

72 hours and I'm at about 40% now.

Here's what I'm producing from simple raid-style missions. As mentioned previously, I'll drop into Angola and drive a tank around just blasting checkpoints and completing as many side missions as I can. I will recover anything I can get my hands on, and I will recover every piece of material I can, to include flowers, which I will sell upon mission completion.



Thats 1x A++ and 13x A+. I'm slowly moving my staff towards becoming A/A+ across the board

Freyland

So, I have another code now, if some eager chap would like to have it.  Again, $30.  Post interest here. 
Having now redeemed one of these myself, you basically jump through some good at the specified geoforce website and it activates on Steam.  Pretty painless.

JudgeDredd

Well, I'm 5% in, I have just received the Base Development module and according to Steam, I have 33 hours in the game. I've done 4 main missions and about half a dozen side missions.

Plenty of game left O0
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 21, 2015, 01:33:52 PM
Well, I'm 5% in, I have just received the Base Development module and according to Steam, I have 33 hours in the game. I've done 4 main missions and about half a dozen side missions.

Plenty of game left O0

The crazy thing about it is that the game keeps getting better. I'm not getting bored at all. Your tool bag is constantly growing which permits you to approach missions in different ways so it never gets repetitive. Just when you think you've seen everything, you unlock an entirely new aspect that gives you new ways to play and deepens the overall experience.  I'm at 20% and must have at least 30 hours in. I'm not sure if the PS4 tracks your time in game the same way steam does. If so, I would like to look. I've completed 16 of the main story missions (I believe there are 50, or more) and at least 2 dozen of the side ops (I think there are over 100!).
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


sandman2575

I caved and bought over the weekend. I'm definitely impressed, though some aspects don't thrill me (as an inveterate hater of all things Zombie, the appearance of 'the Skulls' after rescuing Kaz Miller made me groan).

For you veterans out there -- wondering what you think of the stealth overall. My experience is just the first mission to Afghanistan to rescue Kaz, so very limited. But I get the sense that you don't actually need to be very stealthy to avoid notice. Seems you can ride D-Horse along the heights near enemies and still avoid detection. Or run through a creek splish-splash and nobody nearby hears. I've definitely had a few moments of "Can that guy really not see me? He's looking directly in my direction and I'm only 30 m. away, and it's daytime".

I guess it raises the question -- why not just go in Rambo-style?  I want to feel like the effort of going full stealth is really worth it, but if guards have such lousy awareness, does it even matter?