Metal Gear Solid PC and Steam

Started by jomni, August 13, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Did I mention that monsters from the Monster Hunter game series are in the Peace Walker game, and one of them forms the basis for the original "Metal Gear" later? Because that monster was based on the "Metal Gear" from this series of games?

This series, man. This series.  :))
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skoop

Did all the games have the gameplay of TPP or is this a new style for the series ? 

jomni

#152
Quote from: Skoop on September 27, 2015, 04:35:10 PM
Did all the games have the gameplay of TPP or is this a new style for the series ?

This is similar to Peace Walker (Sony PSP) where your run a PMC (but very small mission maps instead of open world). Backstory refers to that game by the way and Ground Zeros.

The other previous titles do not have the open world PMC aspect.  They are very story based with no side missions and no gadget research.


I just used a "grunt" on a mission. What's the advantage of doing this?

JasonPratt

Quote from: Skoop on September 27, 2015, 04:35:10 PM
Did all the games have the gameplay of TPP or is this a new style for the series ?

What Jomni said. Peace Walker (and Portable Ops) use a much more limited version of the gameplay of TPP, but everything else is just as (very very plotty) stealth action 3rdpersonshooter. Very similar in concept and execution to the Splinter Cell games, and not by accident since those games were meant to be a more realistic MGS. (See also Syphon Filter.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

so todays lesson is do not talk to undercoverjunior whilst trying to operate kb and mouse

'delete saved game data' click.........

'yeah we will go to the fair soon, brush your teeth first.......... brush your teeth.........

'are you sure you want to delete saved game data'

BRUSH YOUR TEETH

click - 'all saved game data deleted'

BRUSH YOUR............. oh balls

'brush my what?'

'never mind, just never mind'

back to the start and 30 mins of keifers arse - but i have turned off markers - i didnt feel honest been able to track baddies through walls - more stealth awaits

Jarhead0331

...if that happened to me, I'd have to commit seppuku.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Skoop

I've finished the story and only have 3 side missions left but the game says 61% complete.  Wonder what else I have to do?  Any one played the FOB missions online ?  It stinks when someone invades your FOB when your not playing the game.

sandman2575

Quote from: Skoop on October 11, 2015, 11:16:28 AM
I've finished the story and only have 3 side missions left but the game says 61% complete.  Wonder what else I have to do?  Any one played the FOB missions online ?  It stinks when someone invades your FOB when your not playing the game.

Not sure, but maybe you need to complete all the goals for all the missions  to get 100% completion -?  There are plenty of missions I 'completed' by only doing the main goals, leaving lots of secondary goals undone.

I'm kind of surprised there's no way to opt out of the online FOB missions.  But apparently you can now buy 'insurance' for your FOB (I.e. actually purchase, micro-transaction style).

Arctic Blast

So...played through the prologue and the Miller rescue mission.



I don't even...seriously, what the Hell?

We have this great tactical game, but we'll start it off with you running away from some sort of floating psychic in a gas mask and a fright wig and her good buddy...Satan? Only, you can make him go away by dousing his flaming body in water, so there's that!

Weird...well, maybe it's in the past...yep, seems like I'm just getting Soviet troops now. Good. Got Miller and...what are those? Teleporting zombies with glowing eyes who conjure up guns out of thin air and...okay, now they're warping ahead of me and...

WHAT

THE

FUCK

The next person I encounter who proclaims that Hideo Kojima is a genius gets punched in the mouth.

jomni


Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on October 17, 2015, 02:43:06 AM
Wait till you see Quiet.

Wait until you see quiet's best friend, screamer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 17, 2015, 02:38:19 AM
...and...what are those? Teleporting zombies with glowing eyes who conjure up guns out of thin air and...okay, now they're warping ahead of me and...
Those turned up again - made me rage quit.  >:D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Arctic Blast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 17, 2015, 06:12:30 AM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 17, 2015, 02:38:19 AM
...and...what are those? Teleporting zombies with glowing eyes who conjure up guns out of thin air and...okay, now they're warping ahead of me and...
Those turned up again - made me rage quit.  >:D

End of the Honey Bee mission? I didn't mind them so much because this time I got to kill the bastards.

Of course, the weird skull face guy and the giant mech...yeah...thanks, Japan!

JudgeDredd

I died and just quit. I'll get back to it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

I ran like a little girl. Every time I have tried to fight them, I've died. I really dislike the paranormal crap. Still, it's an outstanding game overall.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18