I withdraw my support for RPS and eat a large slice of humble pie

Started by Huw the Poo, August 23, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

DO NOT google nude Gus!

I just ran every antivirus/malware program I have.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on October 27, 2014, 09:32:09 PM
There's also people out there search out for "nudity"

Yeah!

There are some good games on that list too. :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Huw the Poo

Too much bullshit in that piece for me to criticise while I'm on my phone.  I just don't understand what the motivation is, other than drumming up publicity for themselves.

Con

I dont see anything wrong with the article but more frankly I dont really give a crap about all the nerd rage that is happening around this.  Let the market sort it out.  As the demographics of the gaming industry change so will the games because in the end those game programmers/developers who want to be successful will make games that appeals to their markets.

If some gamers dont like that they can go and split off and make their own brands of games and talk about them in any terms they want (including juvenile, misogynistic, and racist).  I dont think I need to point out that Grogheads was split off from Wargamer because people didnt like the atmosphere there and both sites are in their own way successful.

So let the haters hate and the gamers game the internet is big enough for both of them.  But I do agree with the article that a lot of this venom and vitriol would disappear if those who are brave enough to type the words had to say them face to face.  Let them put their big boy pants on then and see if they can say what they feel under those circumstances....If not then I guess that answers how important this really is.

Con


Arctic Blast

#232
^^Exactly!

Don't like something in a game? Don't buy it. The number one control on what's in a game is still how much money it makes. Period.

Want to boycott something? That's fine, too. Just don't be a dick about it, and leave the ridiculous conspiracy theories behind. (Actually, don't. They're hilarious.)

endfire79

Quote from: Con on November 13, 2014, 08:35:22 AM
So let the haters hate and the gamers game the internet is big enough for both of them.  But I do agree with the article that a lot of this venom and vitriol would disappear if those who are brave enough to type the words had to say them face to face.  Let them put their big boy pants on then and see if they can say what they feel under those circumstances....If not then I guess that answers how important this really is.

Con

Completely agree, 110%
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Even with the FBI having confessions on video, they've declined to prosecute men who confessed to sending threats over Gamergate

http://www.businessinsider.com/gamergate-fbi-file-2017-2
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

At a guess, FBI has some resources for cyber crime that were used but they don't want to go public with at a trial with something as "trivial" as this.

They probably went J edgar on these guys and told them to knock the shit off.

And no, I'm not trying to trivialize what they did,  being a father to 3 girls I would go ape shit if  stuff like this happened to them. But in the grand world of cyber the FBI is not going to disclose methods for something this low level.

Insert witty comment here.