Financial Demographics?

Started by Jarhead0331, October 24, 2014, 09:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Con

I live in Boston

Lots of nice parts but you pay for them

Con

endfire79

I misread, I think I meant airboy!
"I will return before you can say 'antidisestablishmentarianism'."

"A man may fight for many things. His country, his principles, his friends. The glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French porn."

Mr. Bigglesworth

#17
My gross income is all over the map. On my last project my cheque was about 150k IIRC. When getting a line of credit with the bank I made my stated income on this, doing a project every 2 years (to start) So I stated $75k. I deposited it with them so they have "Proof of income". Without a property sale my income is Zero. There is also high risk, with many events (mostly weather) out of my control. As the business grows I expect to do 1 per year. Until that happens ... :(

I should add the lawyer removes 15% capital gains before giving you the cheque.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Jarhead0331

bump for more votes. The stats so far are interesting, but not surprising.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


LongBlade

I am slightly surprised, that they're quite as high as they are. Then again, the last demographic survey we did didn't probe beyond six figures.

Several years ago (maybe more than a decade) we ran a survey asking similar questions. The results came back that approximately 20% of the readership had better than a college education and about the same percent made over six figures (I don't think we went beyond $100,000+).

Not long after I was chatting with the folks from StrategyPage and they shared their demographics - the results were similar enough to not consider ours a fluke.

That said there were a substantial number of folks with only a high school education, or with just some college. The average (and I recognize that has several definitions which can cause the outcome to vary) was ~$50k.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

airboy

Quote from: endfire79 on October 24, 2014, 04:11:41 PM
I misread, I think I meant airboy!

Auburn is regularly listed as one of the nicest small towns to live in for the entire USA.  Tuscaloosa probably is also.  Huntsville also frequently ranks very high.