Home of Wargamers - New Matrix/Slitherine titles Announced

Started by spelk, April 23, 2012, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 31, 2013, 04:27:16 PM
pics - looks interesting

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3397036

Probably deserves it's own thread here, at some point.  Sounds interesting if much of the gameplay is decided via card game mechanics (or the battles at least). 

The map art reminds me of some old tabletop fantasy strategy games.  That may not be a big plus regarding artwork, but definitely supports the boardgame style that it's supposed to resemble.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

panzerde

The art style is almost enough to get me to say I'll definitely buy this.  I tend to be wary of card-based mechanics but this does look interesting.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs


TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

son_of_montfort

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 31, 2013, 04:27:16 PM
pics - looks interesting

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3397036

Now this is going to be catty but...

They really heavily copy Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Pandora and this one looks very "inspired by" Dominions.

If they are good games, they are good games. But I would like to see some more innovation in the field.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 31, 2013, 04:27:16 PM
pics - looks interesting

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3397036
I've had my eye on Sovereignty for a while now.  While one obviously can't really comment on gameplay or mechanics yet, I at least like the artwork we've seen so far. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Mad Russian

Quote from: son_of_montfort on September 01, 2013, 11:22:33 AM
If they are good games, they are good games. But I would like to see some more innovation in the field.

Check out Flash Point Campaigns: Red Storm for the innovation in the field game.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1197

That game is set to be released by end of summer if it stays on track. Which it is at the moment.

Good Hunting.
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.