"Feeling Old" 2015 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 15, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mirth

Sneakers is a fun flick. I've probably seen it dozens of times.

Good luck with the AC, BC.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

If I were to mention "River Phoenix" to my kids (21 & 11), they'd think that I'm actually talking about a river in Phoenix, or a river (somewhere) named Phoenix.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: Centurion40 on July 29, 2015, 10:37:02 AM
If I were to mention "River Phoenix" to my kids (21 & 11), they'd think that I'm actually talking about a river in Phoenix, or a river (somewhere) named Phoenix.

As it should be.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Sneakers in easily in my top 20 movies.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on July 29, 2015, 06:56:44 PM
20th anniversary of Waterworld

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/waterworld-making-of-budget-1995-125254175097.html

Ironically, I got totally soaked on the rocks off of Morro Bay as the tide came in when we went on a hike the morning we went to go see that movie.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 29, 2015, 07:00:32 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 29, 2015, 06:56:44 PM
20th anniversary of Waterworld

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/waterworld-making-of-budget-1995-125254175097.html

Ironically, I got totally soaked on the rocks off of Morro Bay as the tide came in when we went on a hike the morning we went to go see that movie.

You actually saw it in the theater?  :o
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on July 29, 2015, 07:02:09 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 29, 2015, 07:00:32 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 29, 2015, 06:56:44 PM
20th anniversary of Waterworld

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/waterworld-making-of-budget-1995-125254175097.html

Ironically, I got totally soaked on the rocks off of Morro Bay as the tide came in when we went on a hike the morning we went to go see that movie.

You actually saw it in the theater?  :o

yep, the classic old-style one in downtown San Luis Obispo



one screen, old-style paper-bag popcorn, etc etc

awesome experience
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I saw it in the theater, too. I think I was one of a total of four people in the place.

Kind of liked it, too. Not great by any means, but post-apocalyptic chaos appeals to me. So I 'kinda' liked The Postman, too. In two years, that one'll be celebrating its 20th, too.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 30, 2015, 06:19:08 AM
I saw it in the theater, too. I think I was one of a total of four people in the place.

Kind of liked it, too. Not great by any means, but post-apocalyptic chaos appeals to me. So I 'kinda' liked The Postman, too. In two years, that one'll be celebrating its 20th, too.

The book for the Postman is soooooo much better. The movie doesn't ever really relate except for the title....  :buck2:

Sir Slash

I went and saw it because his gills were supposed to look like vaginas. I don't think so but am not an expert on either one. Didn't like the movie but it did make me look at fish in a whole new light. ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat


bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 24, 2015, 10:18:06 PMI don't think I've ever seen an episode of Friends, though, in my defense, it is nice and comfy under this rock....

http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/nerdist-friends-reboot-2015-video/
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on July 30, 2015, 07:10:13 AM
The book for the Postman is soooooo much better.

The Postman was a really good movie.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.