Best WWII Eastern Front PC Games - Sims, Tactics, Strategy

Started by Gusington, February 03, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

^You read that novel? Will check out your link in a second, thanks Star.

I have only fiddled around with Operation Star...need a solid block of time for my first dive in.

Some interesting suggestions above from SDR and W8...need to check those out too, like the Cross of Iron game and Death to Spies. Will stay clear of IL2, any other aerial tank busting options out there instead?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

^Did you read the Glantz book? What do you like about it?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

yes I read the Glantz book several times.  it was among the first books to take advantage of Soviet documents and operational reports.  I still don't agree with some of his conclusions but the guys is an Eastern Front specialist.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

War Thunder looks good but MMO is not my thing...wish it had SP.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2015, 10:15:05 PM
War Thunder looks good but MMO is not my thing...wish it had SP.

It does.  It's not very good but it exists.

Red Orchestra 2 also has an SP component but it's really bad.


Tinkershuffle

I think Tiller's Campaign Series and Panzer Battles are also worth a mention.

jomni

What about the ultra-realistic Tigers Unleashed?
http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/Products/TSS/TU/TU.asp

No I'm not recommending it but has anyone here have anything good to say about it?

TacticalWargames

#42
Combat Mission BB, Combat Mission Red Thunder, Decisive Campaigns Case Blue, Graviteam Tactics Op Star and DLC, GGWITE (had to throw that one in due to it's ambition), Squad Battles Red Victory and AOTR, Steel Panthers WW2 or WaW, Red Orchestra 2  and coming along slowly is Tigers Unleashed.

All the above I highly recommend except maybe TU as it's still being worked on by Scott, Jeff, Joe and myself, it will get there though.

Gusington

Thanks all...ultimately leaning towards CM Red Thunder, but it's a bit pricey at 55.00.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!