Main Menu

FRIDAY-o FRIDAY-o

Started by MetalDog, February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog




Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes has its hooks in me.  I am stuck right now in a war that I can't prosecute.  My enemy has cities full of armies, so I can't take his territory, but he won't come out and fight.  And my army's cost is going to bankrupt me.  What to do what to do?!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Grim.Reaper

Minimal game playing time this weekend, but when I can it will be Far Cry 4 and Total War: Attila.....

Barthheart

Taking a "mental health" day today so extra gaming time!  O0

Continuing to play CiV with a new mod I found called Accurate Earth. 22 Civs in true start locations on a very large Earth map. Each Civ is restricted as to how many cities it can build in each era (although you can conquer others beyond this limit), scouts and caravels can cross borders, you can't settle a city in desert, tundra or snow. No goodie huts. These small changes make for a great new way to play. Out of 8 starts so far with different Civs I've only won once, as Egypt, with culture.

More JT Normandy 44 PBEM with Cyrano. I'm trying to take the Normandy beaches as the Brits and Canadians and my Canucks are stuck on the beach still at the end of the June 6.  >:( British Paras, however, are causing his 21 Panzer Div units some heart burn.  O0

Maybe some more work on my new gaming table....

Maybe check out ALB with UCG's slow down mod.....

tgb

Continuing my game of Cults & Daggers, starting a real game of Attila, and checking out Frozen Cortex

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM



Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes has its hooks in me.  I am stuck right now in a war that I can't prosecute.  My enemy has cities full of armies, so I can't take his territory, but he won't come out and fight.  And my army's cost is going to bankrupt me.  What to do what to do?!

is there not a blast things from a distance spell? havent played long enough to know, sorry

i will be doing a bit of rares trading in Elite now ive figured theres more money in jumping from rare to rare instead of trading my way towards the next rare

and wargame ALB with slo-mo mode, going to build a US deck and show JH how its done with the 'muricans

Shelldrake

Quote from: MetalDog on February 20, 2015, 06:55:23 AM
I am stuck right now in a war that I can't prosecute.  My enemy has cities full of armies, so I can't take his territory, but he won't come out and fight.  And my army's cost is going to bankrupt me.  What to do what to do?!

Research and cast Curgen's Volcano on your enemy to teach him a lesson! Falling Star is also a good way to soften up enemy cities before attacking.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

This is the second of three weekends of the melodrama show I'm running sound on, so my Friday and Saturdays (normally good gaming times) are full up.

I am going to try some Men of War and Tales of Maj'Eyal, both generous freebie donations from fellow GHs. Otherwise I am probably going to finish my review of Fleet Commander Nimitz.

Rayfer

Finally getting into Making History: The Great War.  In a complexity scale of 1-10, with WitP a 10, this game is in that nice comfort zone of about 5.

Huw the Poo

Morrowind!!!

Oh, and in a drunken stupour I began a game of Dominions 4 last night so I might see that how that plays out too.

Slick Wilhelm

Quote from: Rayfer on February 20, 2015, 07:57:15 AM
Finally getting into Making History: The Great War.  In a complexity scale of 1-10, with WitP a 10, this game is in that nice comfort zone of about 5.

Yep, agree completely, Rayfer. I think I need to try playing a great power, though. My playing South Africa wasn't all that exciting, so perhaps playing England or Germany may spice things up a bit. Which country are you playing?

I'm spending this weekend playing Empire:Total War, and the Khartoum & Zulu mod for N:TW. Unfortunately, I've gone as far as I can go in the Orient campaign, as once I capture the last Mahdi city, the game crashes. Haven't been able to find a workaround yet. I still have those Ottomans to conquer, so I'm going to wrack my brain to see if I can get past this point somehow.

Sir Slash

I'm going to be playing Attila Total War along with some CMBN: Attila, DC Case Blue-Attila, and if I get time maybe Skyrim. On horseback as a Hun. Did I mention Attila TW already?  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 20, 2015, 09:13:13 AM
I'm going to be playing Attila Total War along with some CMBN: Attila, DC Case Blue-Attila, and if I get time maybe Skyrim. On horseback as a Hun. Did I mention Attila TW already?  8)

  Oh yikes.  I'll play Attila in a couple of months when I get a new gaming machine.  Meanwhile, on the ancient backup machine called Wheezy II I'm going to play CMANO and CMBN (small scenarios) and maybe some To End All Wars and Steam and Iron.

Gusington

Ha is Wheezy the wife of George?

Attila: TW. Maybe some Ryse: Son of Rome to mix it up a bit.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Slick Wilhelm on February 20, 2015, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on February 20, 2015, 07:57:15 AM
Finally getting into Making History: The Great War.  In a complexity scale of 1-10, with WitP a 10, this game is in that nice comfort zone of about 5.

Yep, agree completely, Rayfer. I think I need to try playing a great power, though. My playing South Africa wasn't all that exciting, so perhaps playing England or Germany may spice things up a bit. Which country are you playing?

I'm spending this weekend playing Empire:Total War, and the Khartoum & Zulu mod for N:TW. Unfortunately, I've gone as far as I can go in the Orient campaign, as once I capture the last Mahdi city, the game crashes. Haven't been able to find a workaround yet. I still have those Ottomans to conquer, so I'm going to wrack my brain to see if I can get past this point somehow.

I'm playing as the USA....considering a sweep south in conquest of Mexico, Central and South America....hmmm...?

Greybriar

It looks like I will be playing GearCity this weekend.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.