The Summer of 82

Started by mirth, July 30, 2015, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

There's Exorcist prequels???

Exorcist II is total crap, agreed.

And that one scene above in Exorcist III is totally undie-soiling. The first time I saw it I was awake for a week afterwards. There is no warning at all, and the shot it set up very Kubrick-like: long hallway, lots of ordinary sites and sounds and then...WHAM

Isn't Exorcist III based on William Peter Blatty's 'Legion'?

I've wanted to read that for a long time too. Amazon had a special hardcover edition combo of The Exorcist and Legion on sale for 50.00 a few years back. I didn't buy it...

Now it's worth 250.00+ :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

N/m, didn't read the previous post correctly.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

That's the scene I thought about everytime I was working alone on the nightshift and heard a rustle.... behind me.... or maybe beside me. Freddy and Jason never scared me but movie sure did.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on July 31, 2015, 12:28:42 PM
What movies are more frightening to you than The Exorcist BC?

Alien gave me nightmares for years. Poltergeist gave me a healthy fear of dolls...fuck those things.

Sir Slash

And Alien dolls..... with clown make-up. Hell No.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Have you seen The Changeling with George Scott, Gus?  That was a good one.

JasonPratt

When I think of horror and the summer of 82, I tend to conflate it accidentally with the unofficial werewolf trilogy of 1981: Wolfen, The Howling, and American Werewolf in London, all of which were groundbreaking films in various ways (though Wolfen is much less famous nowadays.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2015, 07:49:05 PM
^Don't turn around.

Please don't quote Ace of Base in this forum.

eyebiter

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2015, 07:49:05 PM
^Don't turn around.

Der kommissar's in town...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4Xulsjo5I

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

But I did see The Changeling with George C. Scott...I acfually own it on DVD!

I love American Werewolf in London as well.

But for sheer terror nothing beats the original Exorcist. The Shining comes close. But the Exorcist is king.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

mirth

It's been a cruel summer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus