Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Okay, actually in this time.

Have died twice so far (once from falling off a water tower in the dead of night, I think.) But I've scouted and marked 3 water towers (I think) and a house with two locked doors and at least one unlocked one leading outside. Currently crouched in front of that door with a bone-splinter shiv (the only thing I've made so far), and a zombie horde outside that appeared around sunset -- but they seem to have lost my scent. Possibly despite my having the stomach runs.

Locations are shared on map, so far as I know. Be aware that I'm in a desert, and things are quite grim here; I'm overheating in the house at night, for example.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on December 19, 2015, 09:33:13 PM
i had to search multiple times to find it, couldn't someone just send you the IP address, once you play it, it's in your history.

The IP address is:  216.155.140.191
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 20, 2015, 12:28:02 AM
Okay, actually in this time.

Have died twice so far (once from falling off a water tower in the dead of night, I think.) But I've scouted and marked 3 water towers (I think) and a house with two locked doors and at least one unlocked one leading outside. Currently crouched in front of that door with a bone-splinter shiv (the only thing I've made so far), and a zombie horde outside that appeared around sunset -- but they seem to have lost my scent. Possibly despite my having the stomach runs.

Locations are shared on map, so far as I know. Be aware that I'm in a desert, and things are quite grim here; I'm overheating in the house at night, for example.

If it is my safehouse, the pass code to get in is "ace."  Hold down the "E" key while facing the door to get the menu.

I haven't had much luck with getting into a water tower yet in this latest version.  The old ones had a walkway around them. 

Had a couple of bad run ins with hoards during my last session.  The worst was a pack of zombie dogs.  The only way I could get rid of them, was to run around my spike walls, and let them run over the spikes.  I think that might be a good way to get rid of bears.  Dig a pit, put spikes in the bottom.  Let them chase you, and carefully direct them into it.

Has anyone found a town yet?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

I have a city about 1Km from my safehouse. Will send the lat/long tomorrow nite when I get the chance.

My character is pretty much fubar at this point do to attempting too much play when A13 was first released. My character suffered 5 glitch deaths in very short order, which has dropped health to nothing and lost all my good loot in downtown hub city. Not enough health/gear left to retrieve it. It's kind of a shame as I'd managed to pick up a quality pistol and good recipes in the early going (both shotguns & cement).

Is it possible to restart a character in MP?

JasonPratt

I guess it can't be your house, AzTank, as it looks completely abandoned and one of the doors was totally unlocked. Where the two locked doors go, I'm not sure yet -- haven't been back to the game today, and last night I was stuck inside waiting for the horde to go away by dawnish.

I tried publishing the locations publicly to everyone (not just to allies, in case that ran into a trigger problem -- I don't know if we all start as allies or not). I haven't seen one other marker on the map yet, so I'm pretty confused and worried about whether I'm doing something wrong. I didn't try to even find the Teamspeak server; I can't imagine I got on there by accident...?

While on top of a water tower during my last playthru, I saw a plane going across the sky, over where I eventually found the abandoned house. I have no idea what that means. It seemed to leave behind a graphical glitch like a half-opened parachute that never went anywhere. Eventually I didn't see that anymore (maybe from having walked under it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Hmm, I hate multiplayer but you guys are making me want to check this out.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rekim

Jason - the plane visits every few days (default = 3) and para drops a crate of excellent loot. The crate issues orange smoke while it is dropping and for a short while one the ground.

ArizonaTank

#67
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 20, 2015, 08:01:55 PM
I guess it can't be your house, AzTank, as it looks completely abandoned and one of the doors was totally unlocked. Where the two locked doors go, I'm not sure yet -- haven't been back to the game today, and last night I was stuck inside waiting for the horde to go away by dawnish.

I tried publishing the locations publicly to everyone (not just to allies, in case that ran into a trigger problem -- I don't know if we all start as allies or not). I haven't seen one other marker on the map yet, so I'm pretty confused and worried about whether I'm doing something wrong. I didn't try to even find the Teamspeak server; I can't imagine I got on there by accident...?

While on top of a water tower during my last playthru, I saw a plane going across the sky, over where I eventually found the abandoned house. I have no idea what that means. It seemed to leave behind a graphical glitch like a half-opened parachute that never went anywhere. Eventually I didn't see that anymore (maybe from having walked under it.)

The planes drop supplies.  Usually some good stuff, like anti-biotics, a good book or two, and some weapons.  When you see the drop...orange smoke, follow it and pick It up.

I have shared some locations as well, but I think you guys can only see when I am online.  Otherwise, the grid coordinate system should work.

If you want to try, you should find my place at 606N 918E.  I have put a log wall and spike ditch around it.  So you will need some wood frames to complete the bridge that gets you over the ditch.

As soon as I finish my basic defenses, I need to look for components for a forge. 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rekim on December 20, 2015, 07:19:08 PM
Is it possible to restart a character in MP?

I think I can allow that in the server config.  I will change it tonight.  Then in theory you can change characters.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

You could also create and new profile or delete the old one.

ArizonaTank

So I changed the server config to allow for other characters, but I don't know how you change.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

I'm doubtful I'll be able to do any more until Wednesday night at the latest -- too many Christmas things to do and prepare for after work until then. I will definitely start plotting a course to the safehouse (Zafehouse?) as soon as I get back in, although it may take me some game days to get there as I'm fighting desert conditions from a raw start. (And for all I know the zombie horde may still be outside the door. But I do have poo to fling now, which the game says will distract zombies.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Best things to do at start
Collect plant fiber beat on the grass
Make set fiber clothes
2 small stones
Beat tree until get 2 wood
Craft stone ax
Chop tree
Collect feathers from bird nests
Build bow and arrows

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Bison on December 21, 2015, 02:12:27 PM
Best things to do at start
Collect plant fiber beat on the grass
Make set fiber clothes
2 small stones
Beat tree until get 2 wood
Craft stone ax
Chop tree
Collect feathers from bird nests
Build bow and arrows

Agree, but be careful of too many clothes in the desert, it can make you overheat.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Bison

Yup.  They also just patched in for a fiber cap that provides a cooling bonus.

Honestly you are better off finding a higher elevation plains or forest rather than sitting in the desert.  I generally like to make a "deer stand" base that is 3 blocks high with a small platform just to have a safe place to "hide" until morning the first night.  I just don't think the desert or winter biome are conducive to a perminate base.