Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I was having a horrible time last night Budd.  MS decided to push down an update when I was getting on.  With my slow internet, it took all night.  The little I was on, I got into the city and got killed by a dog.  When I respawned, it wasn't in the island base.  I think someone must have moved by bag. 

I'll get on later today.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I did notice your bag at the Burnt Island Fort didn't have your label anymore, OJ, last time I was there.

I spent a good deal of Saturday afternoon mapping out areas north of the BIF, looking for an island with better and closer land nearby. Finally decided on a little island not far east of the city NW of hub, in between a few different biomes with a snowy suburb of sorts to the east -- several houses there. Good hunting, not far to swim, but last night while hunting before dark (chased a swimming pig onto land so I wouldn't lose its carcass, lol, and the thing nearly got away from me in the scrub anyway!) I realized that the water westward, toward town, might not be quite deep enough to discourage horde visitors.

I've already set out an initial two-block tall wall around the small island, and put down a new spawn-bag (...that sounds perverted, sorry ;) ) and a forge. (And a firepit of course.) I'll be able to brick up soon if I want, and my main goal atm is to hew things with my little stone axe to get enough levels there to unlock steel production -- because while I can make iron tools, none of them are "construction" tools and I need that xp to unlock the skill! How is THAT fair or make any sense? Yes, if I use my little stone axe for another few days, I can start to make steel...  ::) :buck2: :crazy2:

Oh well. I thought Flywheel was going to team up on the island to raid the city while I did work around the house ;) , but she did some looting and went back to the Burnt Island Base instead. Bwah.

I did think ahead enough to put the wall out a little into the water so that I'd have some beach area to mine for clay (a large deposit of this on the island) and sand (because of the beach), and among my other list of things to do is get some good dirt with my iron gardening tool and plop it on the beach. But I can dial in my temperature this way to some extent, too: the center of the little island is a cold biome, while the beach is warm. Oh 7DtD, how I love your insane biome metrics!  :smitten: I wonder, if I dig up all the snow, whether that'll change the biome...?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Flywheel

I got kinda sidetracked with things and have drifted somewhat. what are the co-ords for the city you're working on? I have ranged further south to get a better idea of terrain, I am getting sick and tired of all this water! Anyway, I am back at the island stockade to tell me where you are.
Hold my beer and watch this!

-budd-

Well the 21 day horde was pretty good size. OJ and I got hammered, doesn't help when you have barely any ammo. Once are 7 landmines, 21 pipe bombs and our limited amount of arrows were gone it was hand to hand time, monkey boys were all up in the highrise.Got some pretty good holes in the high-rise. Once 0400 hit we had to resort to throwing wood spikes down in front of the Z's  and leading them over the spikes ( it works well) to finish the rest off, next thing we know the air drop is happening, long fun battle.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

I just dropped 500 arrows and a whole lot of meds onto the small OJ's island. plus a sniper and SMG skill book. I think there's also 11 egg and bacon and about 16 grilled meat.

Flywheel

we had to resort to throwing wood spikes down in front of the Z's  and leading them over the spikes ( it works well)

I know, it is a good tactic and I always do that when clearing an area or a house. It saves a heck of a lot of ammo and when you're drawing them in so long as you check your six frequently, it goes well. I have OWNED towns doing that.  C:-)

-budd-

It's not a good working strategy when they run , but during day, drop the spikes take there legs out and beat them with a club :knuppel2: . I just lost track of the day and didn't go feather hunting,until OJ got on and reminded me it was day 21. Had 2 collapses that killed me when tunneling, went all the way to map bottom, no good ore veins. Looks like we' ll have to mine in another biome.

OJ I have a defense for the tower in mind. It shouldn't take a ton of resources, might collapse the building though. I'm at work I'll explain later, gonna need wood, iron, log/ spikes and eventually barbwire. Once we get going i'd to leave it you and go work on base nemo if you don't mind. We do need to find a good source of iron. If it can wait don't repair the holes until I can tell you the plan.

Flywheel

I haven't a clue where your tower is..want me to keep storing wood iron food etc on OJ's island? I did have bookmarks sent, but they've all vanished.

OJsDad

I was just on.  It's day 28 (7 day horde) at 9:50 AM when I logged out.

Flywheel, our base is at 191 South  31 East.  About due east of my island base.  Leave some food there for emergencies, and bring whatever you can, especially wood.

Budd, when I got on, it was midday 27.  I harvested the garden and used all from it to expand it.  Wont be much longer and there'll be enough growing there to feed us all. 

I did not get a chance to repair damage.  I did go to the mine and got more stone.  I pushed it to the island base to the east of the city.  I know, we'll probably never get that mine all that way, but figure I had to somewhere with it.  I did get a little nitrate and iron.  No lead or coal. 

There's 245 concrete blocks in chest.  Also wood spikes and wood log spikes.  Not much iron.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Flywheel

Quote from: OJsDad on August 29, 2016, 11:58:43 AM

Flywheel, our base is at 191 South  31 East.  About due east of my island base.  Leave some food there for emergencies, and bring whatever you can, especially wood.
Copy that

Quote from: OJsDad on August 29, 2016, 11:58:43 AM
..... Not much iron.

I am doing my tea then I'm on it.

-budd-

Don't worry about the building repairs till I get chance to show you what I'm thinking, the hole can get filled level in the back. Wow day 28 already, not ready. The concrete is for the main structure for nemo I'll use wood / iron for the walkway down to lake bottom as I'm not sure it will work the way I want yet. I do know that it collapse under single upgrade wood frames, double upgrade is holding but as I get deeper not sure, so might have to upgrade to iron. The picture of the base in my head should be pretty cool if I can get it to work, don't worry about any more concrete blocks  right now I have to get the path down to the bottom to work or its meaninless. Need wood and iron and bars for the path. Still need that walkway out in the water upgraded to iron. First I'll help with securing the high-rise, lots of wood, iron and bars for that, or maybe just use the concrete blocks you already made to secure the high-rise. If your not online I'll try to do part of the high-rise scure as an example

OJsDad

Based on JP's post, I was guessing he was on after we signed out last night.  May have been someone else though.

Save the concrete blocks.  I want to repair all of the damage under the first floor to make sure we don't have the building collapsing on us.  When I'm back on, I'm going to mine stone and start making and placing pillars around the high rise, like last time.  That why we've got a secure base.

Probably need to hit the main POI again as I'm sure they should have respawned with loot by now.

JasonPratt

No, I haven been on since early afternoon yesterday.

Fly, when map markers are sent, they show up in a smaller list below your own coordinates. If you don't select and save the entries, they go away when you log off. (You can also delete them manually of course.)

I was on a little island north-northwest of the burnt island base (itself west of hub city, at the western end of a little burnt archipelago). West of me was a city past some scrub forest biome. (You had also visited the other two islands I had scouted and sent map markers for, before reaching there Saturday.)

Since I'm 6 hours behind you, we probably wouldn't make a good team working on the base anyway except on weekends. :)

Speaking of the moving spike trap trick, I noticed that the Shotgun Messiah near my little island base, had a large patch of tall spike traps (different from ones I've seen before, taller, but not log spikes) set out in front of it. Also, the door was just standing open! -- but no one seemed to have looted it yet. (Flywheel may have done so now; that was before she got into the town after visiting my little island.)

I almost bounced into by accident trying to get away from a minihorde hanging around the area -- I promptly used it to troll the horde.  >:D I think the computer is generating these things now occasionally, as if other survivors have been around?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Quote from: OJsDad on August 29, 2016, 01:22:14 PM
Based on JP's post, I was guessing he was on after we signed out last night.  May have been someone else though.

Save the concrete blocks.  I want to repair all of the damage under the first floor to make sure we don't have the building collapsing on us.  When I'm back on, I'm going to mine stone and start making and placing pillars around the high rise, like last time.  That why we've got a secure base.

Probably need to hit the main POI again as I'm sure they should have respawned with loot by now.
Don't repair underneath all the way out, leave 2block width from outside walls on both holes. I don't think the loot has respawned, as I understand it 30 days to loot respawn , not sure if that's from game date or when the loot was grabbed.

-budd-

Let me see you f I can explain what I have in mind OJ. The outside wall of the building replace the wall blocks 2 high with concrete pillars. I was going to go with blocks and bars but you can't club thru the bars. So 2 pillars high replacing the bottom 2 blocks of the building wall all the way around. With a path 1 or 2 blocks wide underneath the building with hatches from the first floor at various points around the building to drop down into it. Then 2 rows of log spikes , 2 rows of wood spikes all around the outside wall, log spikes closest to the wall. Will have to work out entrance/ exits. Will have to upgrade the wall above pillars to 4  or 5 blocks high for when they pile up. Hope that makes sense, so pillars instead of bars. The good is we will be able to melee them the bad news is sometimes they glitch thru the pillars, we can also loot thru the pillars, so lots of concrete.