I see a Friday on a one way corridor

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2015, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331



I'm still trying to hold out on Star Wars battlefront. If I succeed, it'll be Fallout 4 and hopefully some BMS 4.33. I really want to learn this sim.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Well it turns out the 1st scenario in the Forged Alliance campaign just keeps getting bigger - there are literally 1000s of units on the screen, im currently in charge of 452, my allies are at least 5 times that and the enemy is massive - at 23:30 last night i thought id have a bash at the next section and then it was 03:12 - man im tired!  :(

i didnt think id like it but the size of the maps and the number of units really makes you feel like youre in a war, not just a border skirmish somewhere - im working on 3 fronts at the moment, and using pause to get from A - B - C. Ive learnt good and bad things, ive learnt to put my air assets on patrol and am in love with my cruisers - SAM launching lovelies they are. Ive also learnt not to surround the enemy commander with 325 of my veteran assault bots, because when she blows up, the screen whites out and shes gone nuclear along with my army!

Great game and will post some screens if i can

where theres time therell be more Sup Com, WitP with KyzBP who has actually made me go bald this week, i half heartedly started a Shogun campaign, i may start that again. God help me but i downloaded Forge of Empires or whatever it is on facebook and im quite digging that so im looking for the nearest PC equivalent which i think is Anno 1404 so maybe some of that

And after a looooong time of getting blown up, shot and exploded in Arma III KOTH im looking for a less hardcore MP FPS, so ill checkout the recommendations of you guys in that thread and maybe get in on some simple minded carnage

a good weekend to you all

Barthheart

Great choice JH. One of my favourite bands.

More Wing Leader with SDR.
More VASSAL work.
Maybe some CiV.  ;)
Might break out Uboat Leader again, it's been awhile and I like the game.

W8taminute

Heroes and Generals
Fallout 4
Call of Duty Black Ops 3

(heading to Best Buy to have a discussion with myself on whether to buy Star Wars Battlefront or not.  Leaning towards buying it but we'll see.)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

#4
I hope to get some more Fleet Commander Nimitz in for my AAR. Other than that I'm not sure. My co-workers are having a get-together tonight, which should be fun, but tomorrow my wife's dragging me to a wedding of some kids I don't even know, and I know I'm being a jerk but I hate weddings when I don't know the people involved. The woman getting married is the daughter of one of my wife's co-workers. Yaawwn.

...aaaand I just referred to a couple of 20-somethings as 'kids.' I'm old now.  :-\

MetalDog

Good tune, JH!  To noone's surprise, it will be Civ IV BtS mp.  I also installed Rome Total War the other night and am considering a go at that.  It will be my first time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Thanks guys...one of my all time favorite songs. I was deeply saddened a few years back when I learned that the skate girl from the video had passed away losing her battle with cancer.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


bbmike

More Conquest of Elysium 4. I might also try Hard West. I love both westerns and XCom and have high hopes for it. And even though it's in beta I might look at Political Machine 2016 which was recently added to Steam.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Toonces

Look at Jarhead comin' through with the Dire Straits!  Nice!

@JH, from what I've seen of your gaming habits here I don't think you'll enjoy Battlefront.  I found the beta to be insanely shallow.  While the pew-pew with stormtroopers and such was cool for a while, after about 2 hours I'd had enough.  I mean, it was free to play for an entire long weekend and I bailed after 2 hours...on a free game.  So take that for what it's worth.  Maybe try a few Youtube videos if you're about to press purchase.  This all assumes you didn't play much of the beta; if you did then I guess you know more than me whether it's your type of game or not.

I'm sticking with war-type games: BMS Falcon, maybe some IL-2 if I can get the C.U.P. mod installed, and ARMA 3.  I've been trying out some mods for ARMA 3.  One is a persistent Vietnam co-op mod.  I played some the other day and sort of enjoyed it; I think it might be more fun on Teamspeak.  I think the mod is called Air Cav Vietnam or something to that effect.

That should be enough to get me started.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro


jamus34

Running a 5k with my daughter tomorrow so I imagine most of my time will be recovery.
When I can I plan to try to get some HoI3, vicky2 and maybe ck2 in.
If I really get a burr up my arse considering it's supposed to not get out of the 40's here Sunday I may try to sit down and learn the beast that is WitP:AE
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Mordheim went into full release yesterday, which considering how many bugs they were still stomping I'm not so sure is great; but I'm reacquainting myself with the system and looking forward to setting up a campaign with the Sisters of Sigmar. Edited to add: Lord, has it been a year already since Early Access???

With Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa (hey, shouldn't that also have been a Case/Fall? Didn't the Germans have a color for it?) on the way next week-ish, I'm studying the rulebook for Fall Blau to better familiarize myself with the system before several things get changed for Barbie. ;)

I feel like I've been negligent in trying out Combat Mission 3.0 on my Surface (with Fortress Italy installed as a sacrifice in case things don't work out so well), to see how feasibly it works here (I'm on it right now). I'd love to get into some multiplayer and show that off to the nieces and the Bro (and get some Bro mp going since he may recall how the game is played and used to do this sort of thing a lot back before wife and kids ;) ), but the most likely way to accomplish 2/3 of that goal will be to use the portable Surface Windows pad. Something to do this weekend maybe...

Always some probability of edging a little farther on my Far Cry 4 game. I'm far enough along in the main plot that the next mission will lock in my chief ally for the rest of the game (and three out of four bosses down, though I haven't nixed Yumi's fortress yet). Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of either of my two allies and their plans for the future of the country, which is entirely intended by the story designers, but which leaves me with some story paralysis; so I've been buzzing around picking up any remaining letters, masks, and journal entries in my currently occupied areas.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

I have in-laws coming for the week and a bunch of work to do over the next couple of weeks.  However I will make time to continue my first Conquest of Elesyium 4 compaign.  I always go random during game setup and ended up with the Demonologist faction.  Should be interesting.  I'll also be trying out a mono blue Commander deck build this evening at FNM.

tgb

We'll be busy preparing the house for the dogsitter since we're going back to family for Thanksgiving on Monday, but when I can I'll be playing Mordheim:City of the Damned and Thea:The Awakening

Gusington

I've got traffic duty with the Guard both days this weekend that I have to report for at 0530...

...if I can stay awake after sunset, I will get my arse handed to me proper by Attila TW...my Pict campaign is just about done and not in a good way.

Moving on to Assassin's Creed Syndicate!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd