BC's Quantum Mechanics

Started by BanzaiCat, December 26, 2016, 10:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Damn you BC  :pullhair: :pullhair:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

The name thing is in one of the Community guides on Steam just look for names change or something like that.

Yeah, I got the oil catcher to work... just seems more busy work than I'm willing to put up with for $100... there's also a mark on the floor... apparently... haven't looked for it.

Barthheart

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 28, 2016, 01:48:30 AM
Damn you BC  :pullhair: :pullhair:

DO IT! It's relaxing fun.  :bd:

JudgeDredd

lol - I've already done it - AND the DLC!

I tried the first part today. Fixed an outer something or other...took the wheel off, removed the faulty part, ordered the new part, fitted the new part, fitted the wheel and made my money.

These damned simulator games are freaking addictive as hell
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart


mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

I think I might need this game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 27, 2016, 07:28:43 AM
Dumb question....I am horrible with cars and fixing them in real life...know really nothing about them except for putting gas in them and taking them into the shop for maintenance as needed:)

Is this purely a game or do you actually learn anything about cars as you play?  I wouldn't mind potentially getting this if I actually walked away with some knowledge, although I am certainly not thinking I could walk away and actually fix a car when done:)

A very true story here, Grim.

I bought this game for my son last week and found myself playing the crap out of it.  2 days later my wife's brakes start making a horrible noise.  Usually I'd take it to a shop and spend a bunch of money having someone else do it.  This game gave me the confidence to try and fix it myself.  The neighbor's garage, a YouTube video, and a trip to the auto parts store later...I was able to change her rotor and pads.  The game already paid for itself 10 times over. O0

BanzaiCat


Barthheart

Sitting on the deck playing this and my wife thinks I'm nuts or weird or both. "Just a sec Honey, I gotta finish changing out the flywheel on this truck then we can have lunch." "You're weird." "What? Damn alternator is in the way."  :nerd:

BanzaiCat

LLLLLLLllllllllllll  :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: don't forget to remove the starter from under the car before you can remove the gear box

Tpek

I've thoroughly played the demo.
But I just don't see how much fun this can be in the long run.
It looks too repetitive and shallow to fully entertain once you grind for all the upgrades.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:24:20 PM
I've thoroughly played the demo.
But I just don't see how much fun this can be in the long run.
It looks too repetitive and shallow to fully entertain once you grind for all the upgrades.

To be honest I'm starting to see that.

With refurbishing vehicles, only the classics make sense. I mean, I could redo some rinky-dink little mid-sized car, but who in their right mind would pay 50-60K for one? That makes little to no sense.

Once I get bored refurbishing those classics, what then? Well, to be more honest, I've gotten 35 hours of enjoyment out of a game that's cost me maybe a hair over ten bucks. That's not a bad exchange ratio of cost to entertainment.  8)

And that's if I stop playing it now, of course.

mirth

Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2016, 03:24:20 PM
I've thoroughly played the demo.
But I just don't see how much fun this can be in the long run.
It looks too repetitive and shallow to fully entertain once you grind for all the upgrades.

Sounds like a job or something :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

I'm with B_C, fer $10 it's a fun distraction. For that price who cares if it's got legs.

Still have to try out hard mode as well.