CK2 King of Leon AAR

Started by undercovergeek, June 27, 2012, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

The showdown between the 2 armies - the more i destroy, the less i leave him to retreat and go siege a province somewhere else

Victory - I AM ALFONSO, HEAR ME........... wait, wait, who is that guy!??????????

undercovergeek

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

You backstabbing B****

My Danish Kingdom gone, all gone, oh and errrr the wife too!

I never saw this in the plots and threats, i cant believe it - as a 3rd party observer - amazing, what a game!!! As the inheritor of Denmark - F**K!!!!!!!

TheCommandTent

Thats some bad luck.  At least you got a son first. 
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

besilarius

Who is lovely Lidiya?  (Cue Captain Spalding.)
She sounds Greek.  Did she marry into Danish nobility?
Does your son still have a claim on Denmark?  Sounds like a Tom Clancy novel.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Martok

Ouch.  That sucks your wife got knocked off so soon!  I wonder how Daddy Herald feels about it...? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: besilarius on July 15, 2012, 08:28:17 AM
Who is lovely Lidiya?  (Cue Captain Spalding.)
She sounds Greek.  Did she marry into Danish nobility?
Does your son still have a claim on Denmark?  Sounds like a Tom Clancy novel.

Lidiya was one of the European intelligencia i brought to court to be a tutor for the children of the court, she married a Leonese courtier, and obviously took an instant disliking to me or the Queen. It was a very quick plot which leads me to believe it had a lot of backers which means there a load of scheming bastards in court - once the plot has been successful it disappears from the plot list - if i ever knew about it at all. Im curious about the motive - is it to marry me, disrupt the line of succession, genuine dislike or was she hired by the Queens brother who had just been knocked off the line of Danish succession by her? - intrigue-arama!

Quote from: Martok on July 15, 2012, 10:06:04 AM
Ouch.  That sucks your wife got knocked off so soon!  I wonder how Daddy Herald feels about it...? 

Nothing has happened diplomatically, the views of me or Alvar, their grandson havent changed, and as you'll see he sent some troops to help with the Holy War AFTER the murder and they stayed to the bitter end.

Awesome game

undercovergeek

The new board, absent the Queen who was spymaster - Gomez moves in, with a higher score.

Lidiya is arrested and put behind bars - the consequences of her execution will be studied after the war is finished - she can rot til then

Here come the Danish in the North West, just after the murder of the Queen - this topples the balance in favour of Leon and it is simply a matter of time before the war is done. Only minor independant allies have joined against me - the big boys are still too busy

undercovergeek

4 months later, the highly reveered, highly respected and all round super bishop Egas kicks the bucket - camp fever - not too different from night fever, and he was well known for attending feasts and parties dressed as a BeeGee so it wasnt all that unexpected

undercovergeek

Couple of things, firstly Menzia Lopez of the Galician court is leading quite a mob in trying to kill off my nephew, the newborn son of my sister thats of our dynasty due to the martilineal marriage - it doesnt look too popular with the Galicians!

Secondly, as you can see from the warscore the Crusades not going too well

undercovergeek

We attempt to imprison the plot starting mischief maker but make a balls up of the arrest - she flees to France. The plot is still alive and well, we'll sort out an asassination after the war - i dont want any other 'local disputes' to pop up while im finishing the Aftasids off

undercovergeek

My boy needs a mentor - fortunately he has no negative traits as yet, hes dispatched to the martial for some kickassery and sword play lessons - if he comes back a thrifty clerk ill kill him myself.

I scour the court for all kids in need of an education and match their fledgling stats to the appropriate foreign tutor i brought in (a budding skill in diplomacy is matched to the high scoring Diplomacy tutor, intrigue to intrigue etc etc.) - except Lidiya for obvious reasons!

Martok

You definitely got some good intrigue going there...and you're not even responsible for most of ti! 

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 17, 2012, 06:07:59 PM

We attempt to imprison the plot starting mischief maker but make a balls up of the arrest - she flees to France. The plot is still alive and well, we'll sort out an asassination after the war - i dont want any other 'local disputes' to pop up while im finishing the Aftasids off
Question:  Any idea if Menzia's being able to evade arrest & capture is affected by the plot's power (so the more "powerful" the plot, the more likely its originators will be able to escape justice)? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on July 18, 2012, 12:49:18 PM
You definitely got some good intrigue going there...and you're not even responsible for most of ti! 

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 17, 2012, 06:07:59 PM

Question:  Any idea if Menzia's being able to evade arrest & capture is affected by the plot's power (so the more "powerful" the plot, the more likely its originators will be able to escape justice)?

2 factors come into the equation - your intrigue score (yours + the spymasters and any other enhancements) and the strength of the plot - so in this case, my terrible intrigue versus a pretty strong plot - off she runs - the same is the calculation for a successful assisssnation - i need a new spymaster before then

undercovergeek

The heiress to the Duchy of Provence - 16, blue eyes, more intelligent than my Chaplain, and into fat geeks - she's perfect - the new Mrs Leon

undercovergeek

The provinces, bishoprics, and towns have fallen............ the Duchy of Portucale is mine - need to do a bit more bashing to get the war score up - from this war, apart from the giants down south the Iberian muslims seem already to be defeated - im hoping only time and money is my obstacle to unification and awesomeness - not the HRE and French.

The crusade to Jerusalem is about to falter...... im hoping this doesnt suddenly return hoardes of screaming muslims back to Iberia