Combat Mission engine 4 patches released

Started by WallysWorld, May 03, 2019, 04:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Redwolf

I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate that "The IT crowd" technical support just telling you to reinstall everything and reboot in between, without any indication of what is wrong and whether that would help.


Redwolf

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on June 12, 2019, 01:59:12 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 01:38:57 PM
Did all that. Same result. "Activate Modules" only asks for the CMBN key, never for british or cmmg.
The activate modules short cut should just generically ask you to enter your software key. If it specifically asks for the CMBN key just ignore that and give it your module keys. One at a time.

OK, that worked for Commonwealth. But not for Market Garden.

The Market Garden key I have is shorter. I think I got a physical package and hence don't have an online key. Or something.

I know for fact, however, that the shorter key did work, because that is still working for CMMG when I downgrade to 2.12

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 01:38:57 PM
Quote from: Pete Dero on June 12, 2019, 12:57:24 PM
Delete everything CMBN related.
Restart your PC to be sure.
Do what Elvis said :

1) Download and extract the CMBN Windows 3.12 Full Installer.zip file and run the set up exe
2) Launch the game and enter your 3.0 key. Close the game
3) Use the Activate Modules desktop shortcut and enter your module and Packs keys to "unlock" their content.
4) Play game


Forget for a moment what it is asking for....Did you use the Activate Modules shortcut and enter your module keys?

As little as I have been able to determine what you have installed, it doesn't sound like re-installing is what you need (at least not from what you've said). Using that shortcut and entering your module keys, as I and others have suggested, does sound like what you need to do. I had thought that in an earlier post you'd said that you didn't have the shortcut. If that were the case then maybe reinstalling would get back for ya. But it now sounds like you do have it.

Did all that. Same result. "Activate Modules" only asks for the CMBN key, never for british or cmmg.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for wasting my time. If things continue this way I'll never have time to play ever if the thing eventually works.

Again, the idiot things already has British and CMMG activated, so the screen never asks about it. But the 312 install still ignores the modules.

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
OK, that worked for Commonwealth.
Thank goodness!

QuoteBut not for Market Garden.

The Market Garden key I have is shorter. I think I got a physical package and hence don't have an online key. Or something.

I know for fact, however, that the shorter key did work, because that is still working for CMMG when I downgrade to 2.12

Send me a PM with you Market Garden key. I'll hang around for a bit waiting for it.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:29:15 PM
I'm sorry, but I absolutely hate that "The IT crowd" technical support just telling you to reinstall everything and reboot in between, without any indication of what is wrong and whether that would help.

To be clear :  I have no connection with Battlefront.  I just told you what I found to be the easiest way and that worked fine for me.

The reboot is something I learned many years ago as an extra step just to be safe, and to be really safe I even add a registry cleaner to the process when I'm having issues.

Redwolf

Quote from: Elvis on June 12, 2019, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
OK, that worked for Commonwealth.
Thank goodness!

QuoteBut not for Market Garden.

The Market Garden key I have is shorter. I think I got a physical package and hence don't have an online key. Or something.

I know for fact, however, that the shorter key did work, because that is still working for CMMG when I downgrade to 2.12

Send me a PM with you Market Garden key. I'll hang around for a bit waiting for it.

Hold sec. Just spotted this when I logged in to check the status of my CMRT (another can of worms).

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128130

OK, so why isn't this fixed in the software and new patches pushed?

How difficult can it be to ask for the right game by the right name when asking for the license key?

Redwolf

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:45:13 PM
Quote from: Elvis on June 12, 2019, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
OK, that worked for Commonwealth.
Thank goodness!

QuoteBut not for Market Garden.

The Market Garden key I have is shorter. I think I got a physical package and hence don't have an online key. Or something.

I know for fact, however, that the shorter key did work, because that is still working for CMMG when I downgrade to 2.12

Send me a PM with you Market Garden key. I'll hang around for a bit waiting for it.

Hold sec. Just spotted this when I logged in to check the status of my CMRT (another can of worms).

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128130

OK, so why isn't this fixed in the software and new patches pushed?

How difficult can it be to ask for the right game by the right name when asking for the license key?

Either way, that doesn't work.

The commandline invoked by the "Activate cmmg" shortcut is the same as for the CMBN one.
CM Normandy.exe -showui

So that can't be it.

Elvis, can you look up what your commandline in your cmmg desktop icon is?

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:45:13 PM
Quote from: Elvis on June 12, 2019, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
OK, that worked for Commonwealth.
Thank goodness!

QuoteBut not for Market Garden.

The Market Garden key I have is shorter. I think I got a physical package and hence don't have an online key. Or something.

I know for fact, however, that the shorter key did work, because that is still working for CMMG when I downgrade to 2.12

Send me a PM with you Market Garden key. I'll hang around for a bit waiting for it.

Hold sec. Just spotted this when I logged in to check the status of my CMRT (another can of worms).

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128130

OK, so why isn't this fixed in the software and new patches pushed?


It is and does not apply to your 3.0 version of the game. It relates to the 2.0 Game Engine.

I am trying to help here. I've suggested a Help Desk ticket. Several of us have told you what you need to do with the Activate Modules shortcut. I have asked for the key that you're having a problem with so that I can check it. I have let you know what I need from you so that you can no longer spend a second worrying about how to activate your game and can just play it. If you want to search for other things that don't apply to you instead then I am not sure what else I can do.

Redwolf

All these different icons "Activate foo/bar" that the battlefront install process left are identical. They all invoke the same commandline switch.

WTF is this if not disrespect for the user's time?

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:55:13 PM
Elvis, can you look up what your commandline in your cmmg desktop icon is?

"C:\Users\elviscos01\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy\CM Normandy.exe" -showui

Redwolf

Quote from: Elvis on June 12, 2019, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:45:13 PM
Hold sec. Just spotted this when I logged in to check the status of my CMRT (another can of worms).

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/128130

OK, so why isn't this fixed in the software and new patches pushed?


It is and does not apply to your 3.0 version of the game. It relates to the 2.0 Game Engine.

I am trying to help here. I've suggested a Help Desk ticket. Several of us have told you what you need to do with the Activate Modules shortcut. I have asked for the key that you're having a problem with so that I can check it. I have let you know what I need from you so that you can no longer spend a second worrying about how to activate your game and can just play it. If you want to search for other things that don't apply to you instead then I am not sure what else I can do.

OK, when why tf isn't the documentation updated. Or why hasn't that piece of (hard to find anyway) documentation been written with version information in the first place.

How do I send you my key?

Elvis

Quote from: Redwolf on June 12, 2019, 03:57:02 PM
All these different icons "Activate foo/bar" that the battlefront install process left are identical. They all invoke the same commandline switch.

WTF is this if not disrespect for the user's time?

There is only 1 Activate Modules shortcut. There is not one for each piece of the game. Just the one. That is the one that you use to enter your Commonwealth and Market Garden modules and the Vehicle and Battle Packs. They all use the same one.

Elvis


Jarhead0331

Redwolf...we feel your frustration, but please calm down.

Elvis is clearly trying to help you.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 12, 2019, 04:24:11 PM
Redwolf...we feel your frustration, but please calm down.

Elvis is clearly trying to help you.

I think that I just got it sorted out.