Rough Weather Predicted

Started by LongBlade, August 14, 2012, 10:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I dunno 'bout NWS, but the "riot gear" the Army is buying is in response to the criticisms of the deadly force they had used overseas when they coulda/woulda/shoulda just beat the snot out people instead of perforating them.
The Army knows they need less-than-deadly force in a lot of instances, but had never been equipped for it, even after 10 years of bullshit in the Balkans.
That's now getting rectified and paranoid delusionals think it's aimed at them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 14, 2012, 12:37:56 PM
Assuming the article is true, I guaranty this has to do with politics and money.  Some bubba with DHS has a brother-in-law that works for an ammunition manufacturer/distributor, so he pushed the contract.

That's a theory I would buy...and proof that it's time to dismantle DHS. Last time I heard from them they were playing spokesman to update a giant sinkhole in Louisiana. Next thing we know they'll be prepping for the return of the velociraptor.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

DoctorQuest

Why did we need DHS in the first place?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

^Hmm... That dude's been showing up a lot lately. Anybody got a good tinfoil-ratings site bookmarked?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2012, 05:46:28 PM

I have tried to watch that show and cannot take it. Even as comedic relief, there's just too much distance from reality.

Gusington

I wish I could have shot the Halloween snowstorm from last year. Between that and Hurricane Irene it really did feel like the end times. At least I finally got a generator because of those storms.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2012, 07:16:22 PM
I wish I could have shot the Halloween snowstorm from last year. Between that and Hurricane Irene it really did feel like the end times. At least I finally got a generator because of those storms.

You live such a sheltered life up there. You need to move someplace where rough weather is the rule, not the exception...

Gusington

Did I mention that each winter from 2007-2010 my house was almost wiped off the map by winter storms?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2012, 07:22:17 PM
Did I mention that each winter from 2007-2010 my house was almost wiped off the map by winter storms?

Oh, cool. OK, you're good. Maybe I'll come visit. It's kinda boring around here. Low last night was 65.

Gusington

It's 75 right now here. First snow will probably be Thursday.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: LongBlade on August 14, 2012, 07:04:13 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 14, 2012, 05:46:28 PM

I have tried to watch that show and cannot take it. Even as comedic relief, there's just too much distance from reality.

Even I can't watch it anymore, and THAT's saying something!
Any time is a good time for pie.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on August 14, 2012, 07:35:03 PM
It's 75 right now here. First snow will probably be Thursday.

Thats not even funny...
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."