Main Menu

Friday in my hands

Started by Anguille, January 06, 2023, 05:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Geezer

Quote from: GroggyGrognard2022 on January 06, 2023, 03:40:49 PM

I had to hold off on Stalingrad and ended up cancelling my preorder of the game. I might reorder it next month for my birthday. I've been enjoying reading your AAR of the first few scenarios. Cheers.

Thanks.  It's not really much of an AAR but I'll post some more after finishing the next scenario, probably some time over the weekend.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Dammit Carl!

Getting another foster dog tomorrow; poor thing is only 10 lbs. owing to starvation (she and few others made it, at least, from the prior owner's neglect), so that's the weekend taken care of as far as I'm concerned. 

-fucking people.

--sorry for the negative waves


Gusington

^How many dogs do you have?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 06, 2023, 07:20:51 PM
Getting another foster dog tomorrow; poor thing is only 10 lbs. owing to starvation (she and few others made it, at least, from the prior owner's neglect), so that's the weekend taken care of as far as I'm concerned. 

-fucking people.

--sorry for the negative waves

People are arseholes (apart from people here obvs)

Sigwolf

Quote from: Father Ted on January 06, 2023, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 06, 2023, 07:20:51 PM
Getting another foster dog tomorrow; poor thing is only 10 lbs. owing to starvation (she and few others made it, at least, from the prior owner's neglect), so that's the weekend taken care of as far as I'm concerned. 

-fucking people.

--sorry for the negative waves

People are arseholes (apart from people here obvs)
Odds are, some of the people here are arseholes, too.  Dammit Carl!  Now you have me being negative.     :buck2: O:-)      (tongue firmly in cheek)

Jarhead0331


Dexter Wolfgang Chicken thanks you for your service.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2023, 02:15:44 PM
Yes Father, Flying Circus and the much more arcadey Warplanes: WWI Fighters.

I did have a go at the Warplanes: WWI Fighters and it is truly terrible.  FC may not have much of a game, but it is an actual flightsim.  Just flying around in VR is an experience in itself, but I think you can get a lot of value out of it just trying out the various aircraft in quick missions.  Pro tip:

Join the multiplayer server Flugpark, allow it to download the map and then leave the server.  You will now have the mission in progress downloaded.  You can now set up your own server with that map and play on your own against the bots set up by the mission designer.  This is much easier than configuring a SP mission and also the repsawn when/if you die is much quicker than in SP

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2023, 07:29:07 PM
^How many dogs do you have?

3 at the moment. 

Any and all prior & existing dogs we've had have been rescues and, more to the point, we adopted two dogs rescued from this person in question - won't go into details as to breed or location as OPSEC and all as there was a specific request not to broadcast/highlight  saving dogs from this particular place in lieu of possibly saving more dogs in the future - but suffice to say the two we adopted were puppy mill breeder materials and were damaged dogs we were proud to make "dogs," again, if that makes sense.  One of the two is still alive and happily sleeping on her bed by the fireplace.

Generally speaking, we foster (and adopt) older dogs as they are the ones who typically come into the network we're involved with.  Try to give them something "normal," in the twilight years, in a way.

Father Ted

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 06, 2023, 08:00:12 PM

3 at the moment. 

Any and all prior & existing dogs we've had have been rescues and, more to the point, we adopted two dogs rescued from this person in question - won't go into details as to breed or location as OPSEC and all as there was a specific request not to broadcast/highlight  saving dogs from this particular place in lieu of possibly saving more dogs in the future - but suffice to say the two we adopted were puppy mill breeder materials and were damaged dogs we were proud to make "dogs," again, if that makes sense.  One of the two is still alive and happily sleeping on her bed by the fireplace.

Generally speaking, we foster (and adopt) older dogs as they are the ones who typically come into the network we're involved with.  Try to give them something "normal," in the twilight years, in a way.

Salute my man.  I've only had two dogs, and each - despite their stable upbringing - had/have issues meaning that having them in our lives has impacted what we can do.  So I am in awe of people who give up their own lifestyle to take on animals which have actually been damaged and try to give them a better life.

Gusington

Thank you Father, but I have sinned. Warplanes has solid reviews on The Steam!! And it was 12 dollars. Oh well I'll have to judge for myself. Thanks for the FC tips as well.

Carl you are doing yeomans work. My dog now is 125 pounds and is a total lunatic. He's an 8 year old Swiss Mountain Dog.

He replaced our Rottweiler who was also around 125 pounds and died way too young (9) from a tumor.

I love dogs, especially large breeds. I'd open up a kennel if I could.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on January 06, 2023, 08:58:25 PM
I love dogs, especially large breeds. I'd open up a kennel if I could.

With you, man, but not that big.  Too much shit in the house and once those tails get going, then stuff'd be everywhere.  I'd love a cat too, but too much fiddly stuff + asshole cat mood = broken crap and upset Mrs. = shit I don't want to deal with this late in my life.

Lady I've worked with previously has a dream of doing a "doggy daycare," as her dream gig and I cannot say that's not a bad idea.


Gusington

The Rottie had a docked tail, our dog now has a massive tail but I don't think he has ever destroyed anything with it. Probably the only thing he hasn't destroyed something else with.

I would also like a cat, as would my daughters, but the dog and the wife would not allow it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I raised Pugs for better than 20 years and never ran across any arseholes, Thank God. I probably would've been in state prison for better than 20 years instead if I had. Meanwhile I will be endeavoring to learn the many ins and outs of Solasta: Crown of the Magister. Here, Sir Slash, and friends, pose before heading out to do Hero Stuff. Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

#28
Love dawgs.

This weekend:

War of Rights - 270 in the server I was in and two more of my friends have it.
WARNO - just had a few bashes at it with two friends. One still not too keen on it, the other loving it.
AOEIV - Have played too much of this and have all the masteries but friends still plugging away at them... soo I comply.
DCS - I have the Hind because a friend wants me to pilot it so he can sit in the front. I find choppas to be a special challenge. I am not used to aniticpating how they work yet and the Black Shark with it's autopilots just confused me :P
Repeat after me people:


  • Vortex Ring State
    Retreating Blade Stall
    Asymetry of lift
    90 degrees after cause produces affect (gyroscopic procession and some phase lag that adds to this)

    Cyclic - Blades angle change as they pass through where stick pointed (phase lag and gyroscopic procession need to be considered here)
    Collective - All blade angles at once (pull lever up)
    Throttle - Speed blades spin at
    Anti Torque Pedal - Tail rotor control to turn or act against natural torque caused by the spinning main rotor
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FarAway Sooner

Good work, Carl!  All of our dogs have ever been rescues.  Latest dude we got is a 1-year old total spaz of a Pyrenees-mix, a real sweetheart that we've had for about 6 or 7 weeks now.  Big athletic dude who likes to jump fences, so we've got an adventure handling that right now, but we are keeping him for sure.

His previous owner was a 19 year old kid who committed suicide with his dog in the trailer.  It took about 8 or 10 hours before anybody found the pup or the poor guy.  My wife heard that story and I pretty much knew we were getting the pup.