Confessions of a Groghead

Started by Bison, September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I have never played a Panzer General or Panzer Corps game. 

undercovergeek

ive never played age of rifles (but wish i had), or The Art of War 3

and i touch myself when viewing the 'look out behind you thread'

Jarhead0331

I am completely overwhelmed by games like War in the Pacific.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 06, 2012, 07:43:53 AM

TMI, dude...TMI

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Staggerwing

I've never managed to play more than a few turns of an AGEOD game (and I own all but the ACW one!) Hopefully AJE will get me to invest in them all.

Also, I've only played a mere fraction of the games in my Steam and GG accounts.

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 06, 2012, 07:43:53 AM

Dude, what's wrong with you?  It's not healthy... :o

... to confine yourself to just that thread!  :D

The Cleavage, Hmmm, Cosplay, Pokies, Reds, Arm Bra, and Sexy Demotivational threads not good enough?  ;)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM

It's been so long - if I did play it I don't think I liked it too well. Or maybe I liked it but just didn't care that much. I'm sure I must have played it, but that memory has long faded if I did. Once I played Steel Panthers nothing else shined so bright.

"Light" wargames really aren't. I do think you can have too heavy a wargame, but almost all light wargames lose my attention span. There are some that are great - Shrapnel's War Plan Pacific comes to mind. But in general light equates to a realism fail in my book.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 07:39:17 AM

Me neither.  On the other hand (maybe this is confessional?) I thought Vatutin organized those counterstrokes
in front of Leningrad.  Did Vance Von Borres sort of forget that accidently when he designed the Roads to Leningrad
boardgame?

More confessional:  I'm starting a blog soon with a lot of boardgame stuff in it.  I hope.  If I don't bore myself too much.

Gusington

Some of my entry point wargames. like Panzer General and Civ II, were played only on the original PlayStation. I'm sorry.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

By the way...I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Confessions of a Groghead"
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mikeck

I have yet to find a "counter pushing" wargamer that could hold my attention for more than an hour or so....regardless of the war.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Bison

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
By the way...I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Confessions of a Groghead"

Done.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on September 06, 2012, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 06, 2012, 09:27:10 AM

Done.

As much as I hate to say it, I wonder if we need to create an entry on Urban Dictionary to explain what a groghead is?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Rayfer

In spite of many years of wargaming on the computer I remain strategically and tactically stupid, so I often play games on easy settings just so I can survive and even, occasionally, win.

Bison

Quote from: mikeck on September 06, 2012, 09:37:08 AM
I have yet to find a "counter pushing" wargamer that could hold my attention for more than an hour or so....regardless of the war.

You mean game or player?

DV8

I do not like the Civilization franchise. :'(  I've tried.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox