Have you Pre-Ordered Europa Universalis IV?

Started by republic, August 03, 2013, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on August 13, 2013, 09:16:11 PM
Too many games, too little time!

It's OK, Dota 2 is only one game, you don't need any others.  Problem solved! :D

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 14, 2013, 02:34:01 AM
Quote from: Tuna on August 13, 2013, 09:16:11 PM
Too many games, too little time!

It's OK, Dota 2 is only one game, you don't need any others.  Problem solved! :D

Lmao - subliminal advertising!

Yskonyn

Quote from: Nefaro on August 13, 2013, 04:58:53 PM



EDIT:  One more note.  The CK2 converter only natively works with the Steam version of CK2. 

Hmz, is that why they gave everyone a Steam version of CK2 when pre ordering? But I wonder, why doesn't it work with another version? You save the game in CK2, then there is an option to convert it and next you load your world as a mod into EU IV.
Why would the 'version' of CK2 matter?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 14, 2013, 03:25:12 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 13, 2013, 04:58:53 PM



EDIT:  One more note.  The CK2 converter only natively works with the Steam version of CK2. 

Hmz, is that why they gave everyone a Steam version of CK2 when pre ordering? But I wonder, why doesn't it work with another version? You save the game in CK2, then there is an option to convert it and next you load your world as a mod into EU IV.
Why would the 'version' of CK2 matter?

The CK2 Converter is actually DLC for CK2.  Not EU4. 

So yeah, the way they made it.. you gotta have Steam CK2.  Must be why they included it in the pre-order along with the converter.  I had originally thought it would just ask you to locate your CK2 save game and convert it to an EU4 save, but noooooo.   Paradox is now officially Steam-only from this point on.  ::)

Nefaro

Hrmm.. well the odd graphics stutter went away after a time.

The only thing I can possibly link it to is being at war with France and having all their doomstack within my view (not in FOW).  After the peacing them out, and all their armies falling back under the FOW, it eventually went away.  ???

I also started a game as Denmark and haven't had the issue at all.

tgb

I started a new game as Poland, and I'm wondering if Westernization is worth it. I'm still very early in (1480 or so), but it seems to me the drop to -3 stability combined with -100 MP across the board is an awfully steep price to pay.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on September 09, 2013, 08:53:29 AM
I started a new game as Poland, and I'm wondering if Westernization is worth it. I'm still very early in (1480 or so), but it seems to me the drop to -3 stability combined with -100 MP across the board is an awfully steep price to pay.

Best way to go about it is having enough resources prepared beforehand to get it back up as quick as you can.  Stockpile then do it. 

Supposedly the main reason you want to Westernize is so that you get to choose from the best rated armies.  If you don't, then you'll still get worse types in other tech groups, even on the same tech levels.

Greybriar

Quote from: Greybriar on August 12, 2013, 10:00:58 AM
I have purchased every version of Europa Universalis that has been released. Due to the number of games on my gaming plate, I have hardly played EU3. By the time I got around to playing EU4, EU5 would be coming out.

So despite the urge I have to buy it, I think I'll pass on EU4 for now. It and all of its expansions/DLC will probably be offered in a compilation pack for less than half price within a year.

GamersGate is having a sale on all thing Europa Universalis IV. Europa Universalis IV Digital Extreme Edition is priced at $22.50 for the next 3 days, 7 hours, and 30 minutes. A similar reduction is applied to the DLC and other EU4 Packs.

Now I'm torn between buying it for 50% off or waiting a few weeks for the Christmas specials to start and maybe getting it for 75% off.  :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Hrmm.. the new 'randomized new world' expansion isn't out until sometime next year, right? 

I figure I'll wait for the Xmas sale and pick up the extra release DLC stuff I don't already have - notably the Ottoman/Islam pack.  Will probably be as cheap as it gets for awhile.

CptHowdy

base game currently $10 at the humblebundle store. im still holding out on any purchases until the steam sale happens in a few days