Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on November 13, 2013, 07:44:02 AM
I have almost pre-ordered this several times...but it scares me.  I played the original X years ago, and then X2.  X3/TC/etc began to lose me.  I began to hate the tiny sectors of space, though this new one has fixed that.

I trust you guys so Friday I hope to hear the good and bad.  :)  I'm mainly interested to see if the universe is as full and interesting as the videos make it out to be.

One thing I am curious about is if the stations will be different.... in terms of being able to walk around layout.  I hope they are not your basic rooms just placed differently, or I hope at least by alien race they are different. 

I know with the Capital ships that are yours... you can dock at them walk around the ship, however I know it will be limited as to what rooms are modeled.  I  do like the fact you can give orders to the captain of the ship and then I believe remain on the ship as it moves.

Also, your ship is suppose to be modular.. so you can make it a larger cargo ship, or add more weapons etc....   Really cannot wait until release.  I am trying to not get my expectations too high.....


PE

republic

I hope the interiors are functional and not just eye candy like Eve's "Walking in stations".  I want to be able to walk around, but I need to have a reason to.  Random encounters, etc.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is to finally have a game as immersive as Independence War was.

steve58

#62
I would've pre-orderd this one, but don't think my rig (Core2Quad 2.66GHz / nVidia GTS 450 w/1GB vRAM) is up to it  :-\.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on November 13, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
I hope the interiors are functional and not just eye candy like Eve's "Walking in stations".  I want to be able to walk around, but I need to have a reason to.  Random encounters, etc.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is to finally have a game as immersive as Independence War was.

I believe there will be personal interactions with people on stations... meaning you can trade with the station itself, or with individuals that are currently visiting the station (personal items and I believe market items). 

I believe there will be random loot that is throughout space floating around.... not real sure if I like that, but will wait and see.  I believe your drones can be customized as well, but not sure what all the options are. 



PE


mikeck

Quote from: republic on November 13, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
I hope the interiors are functional and not just eye candy like Eve's "Walking in stations".  I want to be able to walk around, but I need to have a reason to.  Random encounters, etc.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is to finally have a game as immersive as Independence War was.

Well supposedly you move around the ship to get things done instead of using the UI. There are different crewman with different jobs in your ships...think Silent Hunter
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

undercovergeek

Quote from: mikeck on November 13, 2013, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: republic on November 13, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
I hope the interiors are functional and not just eye candy like Eve's "Walking in stations".  I want to be able to walk around, but I need to have a reason to.  Random encounters, etc.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is to finally have a game as immersive as Independence War was.

Well supposedly you move around the ship to get things done instead of using the UI. There are different crewman with different jobs in your ships...think Silent Hunter

wha???

this is silent hunter in space - id sell gus's mother for that

PanzersEast

This shows some of the walking around in your ship and walking off your ship and around the space station...

There are more out there, just a random one I pulled off




One other feature change is no more SETA drives...... finally the universe has evolved to have spacial highways..... enabling you to get around faster.


PE

JudgeDredd

God he's annoying!

Thanks for the link though...looking forward to tomorrow(?)
*edit* Damn - Friday!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek

#68
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 13, 2013, 11:17:05 AM
God he's annoying!

Thanks for the link though...looking forward to tomorrow(?)
*edit* Damn - Friday!

ooooooooo nothing worse than a premature Friday feeling!!

ill wait for the reports - not because it doesnt look cool but because i havent spent months drooling over it and need to read up

PanzersEast

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 13, 2013, 11:17:05 AM
God he's annoying!

Thanks for the link though...looking forward to tomorrow(?)
*edit* Damn - Friday!

lol... yea, probably not the best guy to sell the game video out there...  :P


PE

PanzersEast

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 13, 2013, 11:20:11 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 13, 2013, 11:17:05 AM
God he's annoying!

Thanks for the link though...looking forward to tomorrow(?)
*edit* Damn - Friday!

ooooooooo nothing worse than a premature Friday feeling!!

ill wait for the reports - not because it doesnt look cool but because i havent sent months drooling over it and need to read up

Don't worry... you will hear jumping for joy.... or moaning..... I'll post feedback on the game as I play....  I am trying to temper my expectations.



PE

mikeck

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 13, 2013, 10:30:31 AM
Quote from: mikeck on November 13, 2013, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: republic on November 13, 2013, 09:27:33 AM
I hope the interiors are functional and not just eye candy like Eve's "Walking in stations".  I want to be able to walk around, but I need to have a reason to.  Random encounters, etc.

Honestly what I'm hoping for is to finally have a game as immersive as Independence War was.

Well supposedly you move around the ship to get things done instead of using the UI. There are different crewman with different jobs in your ships...think Silent Hunter

wha???

this is silent hunter in space - id sell gus's mother for that

Yeah, that's my dream game...but what I meant was that you have different people at different stations in your ship like navigator, weapons, etc. Replacing a clumsy AI are these stations where the AI. Few member processes your orders. At least, that's my understanding
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

Get your ships prepped and ready.....

Now less than 24 hrs away and Launch Trailer released.....





PE

JudgeDredd

I was a bit worried looking at some of the quality of the graphics on previous videos....seems I have nothing to worry about with that latest vid.

Looking forward to it!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

lol - just for once I'd love for Steam to surprise us by releasing a title early  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people