Main Menu

X Rebirth First Trailer

Started by Darkspire, August 08, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on November 15, 2013, 04:10:58 PM
Are all the station interiors identical?

So far yes, but with different characters.


PE

JudgeDredd

Nothing positive to report re the joystick. Whilst I can get the axis to work, the buttons are another matter. I simply cannot configure the fire weapon or fire missile buttons (amongst others).

So I'm going to leave it just now and see what the internet says in a day or two.

I don't really want to buy a controller (I only ever had one to play Madden games back in the day) and haven't owned one for a few years. I didn't pay £100 for an X52 Pro so I would need a £20 gamepad! lol

Enjoy all ye that can run it - I need my joystick and no - that's not a euphemism!  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast


- Landed on my cargo ship, could not walk around, only access to the docking bay (maybe capital ships you can)

- Most stations have similar layouts with different personnel at each place

- Highway game is pretty cool

- Playing the campaign helps understanding the game

- Character models need work

- Most docks are setup the same, even the loot boxes

- game runs pretty well on my system, no crashes and one or two slow downs

- still too early to tell, but you can see that Egosoft will continue to expand this game into an epic experience


PE


mikeck

What do I need to use an xbox controller? I have te controller but it works by remote with the console..is there a plug I an buy to plug it into the computer? Will it automatically recognize it or do I need to get some software somewhere?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

republic

Dang.  I was hoping they'd generate different interiors.  So that way exploration of stations would be fun.  I hate to hear that loot and characters are in the same places...that's almost a deal breaker for me.  It was ok in the 90s to have 1 interior, but with the procedural algorithms of today they could have at least made them in house with an algorithm and fixed the abnormalities.

JudgeDredd

^ I can kind of understand that.

But for me X is about space exploration. Being able to land on stations and walk around and interact with people I always thought would be cool...and now it's here, it is...but I understand that as they are the same, with the characters in the same place and with the same resources at the same locations (if that is the case)...that kind of makes the exploration of stations section a wee bit pointless.

But - it always was an "addon" for me in the X universe. It would still be nice for them to randomise it...I can see that it could become tiring after a while.

Right now I just want to get my damned joystick to bloody work!  :)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

mikeck

The more I look at it the more I agree with Judge that the graphics are a step back. That said, the universe does feel more "alive" and the ability to target weapons systems and engines (plus weapon effects) makes up for it. Finally for the joystick partially working but can't fire weapons with it.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

PanzersEast

I like the graphics, but it is a matter of taste I think.

- One negative for me is the Maps.... Sector etc.... they have taken a step back imo. 

+ The stations being close to the same actually has not bothered me

PE

republic

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 15, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
- One negative for me is the Maps.... Sector etc.... they have taken a step back imo. 

How so?  I was hoping they would finally open space up like Eve instead of the old sector style.  Is there anything out there between the sectors along the highways?

PanzersEast

Quote from: republic on November 15, 2013, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on November 15, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
- One negative for me is the Maps.... Sector etc.... they have taken a step back imo. 

How so?  I was hoping they would finally open space up like Eve instead of the old sector style.  Is there anything out there between the sectors along the highways?

I guess I should clarify... I mean the on-board ship maps.  They were better done I feel in X3.  It is cumbersome to navigate, but maybe it is just me.  As you explore more areas, the ships map are populated.  Sorry for the confusion, I did not specify.

One cool feature is that there are inactive old jump gates setting around..... very cool to look at.  Also, the areas of space do flow better than using the jump gates like before..... as highways you can jump on and off.  It is more seamless.


PE

mikeck

Quote from: PanzersEast on November 15, 2013, 06:21:36 PM
I like the graphics, but it is a matter of taste I think.

- One negative for me is the Maps.... Sector etc.... they have taken a step back imo. 

+ The stations being close to the same actually has not bothered me

PE

Don't get me wrong...I don't dislike them. I am just finding them a bit more "cartoony" then x3. I have to figure out how to dock with stations. In x3 you would click a button and te station you highlighted would give a crap load of options. I need to read the manual
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Jarhead0331

The game is admittedly flawed right now.  There are many noticeable bugs.  That being said, I'm still having fun flying through space and looking around. I have no doubt that this game will eventually be molded into a classic title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
...I'm still having fun flying through space and looking around...
Jealous much  :D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
The game is admittedly flawed right now.  There are many noticeable bugs.  That being said, I'm still having fun flying through space and looking around. I have no doubt that this game will eventually be molded into a classic title.

+1. Have not regretted my purchase.


PE

mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 15, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
The game is admittedly flawed right now.  There are many noticeable bugs.  That being said, I'm still having fun flying through space and looking around. I have no doubt that this game will eventually be molded into a classic title.

JH, I haven't even figured out how to dock yet. What have you noticed that are bugs and flaws? At least the big ones. At this point, I don't know what is a bug and what is operator error.

Outside of setting up the joystick which is clearly messed up
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson