Latest Addition

Started by bob48, September 16, 2013, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

A bottle with water and vinager mix works well to train the little ungrateful fur balls too.  :D

MetalDog

That pic isn't saying, "Who, me?,"  it's saying, "Oh SHI*! What have I gotten myself INto!?!?!?!"  Seriously, Bob, congrats to you and the Mrs.  I've owned cats before (more properly, as has already been observed, been owned by cats before) and my patience for them has waxed and waned through the years.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

After my last two cats pitter-pattered off this mortal coil (one at 19 years old and one at 20) I swore I would not get another one. However, now that I've moved into my new house I feel my resolve starting to wane. At this point, it is only the number of a-holes who exceed the speed limit along my street (because it functions as a commuter shortcut) that keeps me from adopting another shelter cat.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

stop being a pussy, a new cat would be puff-fect.

how the hell does Bawb start a cat thread with no punnery?  :o
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

^I'm too hungover to make the effort.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 16, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

Not if my kids find him/her splattered across our front lawn. Kittens are cute, eviscerated ones... not so much.

I can't believe I just typed that. Now I have to get the imagery out of my head....
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MikeGER

Bob, Congrats to your new feline friend 8)

its good to have at least one pet around
had a tomcat for 16 years, couldn't stand his natural death late 1999, no more pets for me for a while, now the cute little dog of the ExpensiveOther™ is my best friend since 2009 :)   

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on September 16, 2013, 06:26:34 PM
A bottle with water and vinager mix works well to train the little ungrateful fur balls too.  :D

on a 3 month old kitten?

thats cold man!!!!!!

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 17, 2013, 05:47:22 AM
Quote from: Bison on September 16, 2013, 06:26:34 PM

on a 3 month old kitten?

thats cold man!!!!!!

I didn't say put the kitten or the bottle of vinegar solution in the freezer. 

Gusington

Congrats Bawb.  I would love to get a cat but I'm afraid our Kaiser would use it to clean his ears and then dispose of it unceremoniously. Right now we can have only one Kaiser.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Congratulations Bawb.  She's a cute little bugger. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Thanks guys. It really is nice to have a moggie around the place again. It did take a while for us to take the plunge again, as it is painful to lose a pet that has become a part of your family, but we decided that the pleasure they bring more than makes up for the painful parts, and we do have some happy memories of the our previous owners cats.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bob48

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 16, 2013, 07:39:30 PM

how the hell does Bawb start a cat thread with no punnery?  :o

I was within a whisker of doing so.............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

and within the hours, this place'll be littered with poorly conceived cat humor, written in rambling sentences, each with a subordinate claws
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers