FRIDAY was the day that twas.....GAMING THREAD

Started by JudgeDredd, October 18, 2013, 05:27:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

This weekend

Challenger II - please let me have the strength and commitment to finish this and start weathering!
Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm - excellent game and well worthy of more of my time
Civil War 2 - need to finish the tutorial
Command:Modern Air/Naval Operations (still preferred Red Pill!) - continue with my Falklands Scenario
Air Hauler - make some money and gain some prestige
Bioshock:Infinite - for when I just want to shoot shit

I think that might be all
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Anguille

Busy weekend here so not much time to sit on my main computer...

Going to be:

- Master of Orion with the Klackons...it's a long game and had different wars with the Bulrathis and the Alkaris...working on the battle for Orion...need more bigger ships...

- Populus Romanus: last chapter of the first campaign...have to take over Sicily...already lost once...

- Armada 2526 Supernova pbem.

Martok

Not sure yet what I'll be playing.  I'm in the mood for some RPG action, but I don't know what for. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall, almost done. Then maybe I will buy the other Dishonored. DLC, The Brigmore Witches. And maybe some Left 4 Dead 2 if we can get the band back together.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Picked up Wargame European Escalation as part of last week's Humble Weekly Deal. Going to spend some time with it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

you didn't follow the link, eh?  :)

I just got my copy the other day, and will be trying to set up a FTF this weekend out in the Man Cave
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Ubercat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 18, 2013, 08:15:47 AM
you didn't follow the link, eh?  :)

I just got my copy the other day, and will be trying to set up a FTF this weekend out in the Man Cave

I did. I just thought you might be showing the physical game since it would be a better representation than a link to the Vassal mod.

You're gonna have to post a thread about how it goes. I'm still waiting to get a 4 player Vassal game of Andean Abyss going. I'm supposed to be playing with 3 guys I met at WBC but it's taking a long time.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

W8taminute

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7.  Almost finished with the story.  This is one of the easier Lego games I've played.  Great way to relive your childhood days of playing with Legos. 

Rome II

Grand Theft Auto V.  I haven't played it in a while and need to devote some time again.  Great game but too many other distractions at the moment...

Diablo III



"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

I finished Bioshock. Pretty good game. I started Bioshock 2, but I'm underwhelmed thus far - I don't like playing as a 'Big Daddy,' nor with being shackled to a little girl. I haven't quite gotten that far yet, but it's been heavily hinted in the game that this will be happening soon.

I am getting in a game of Arkham Horror for the AAR write-up on 10/31.

I currently am holding a personal record in Steam for having money in my Steam wallet for two weeks now without spending it. I've been avoiding those little $2.50 sales of bad games, hoping for some kind of big deal. So far, no joy. Hopefully something will pop up here, soon.

One thing I'd love to own is Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite...TWO. Two things I'd love to own is Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, and Wargame: Euro...THREE. Three games I'd love to have...

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH GAMEQUISITION!!!


MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 18, 2013, 05:27:23 AM
This weekend


 
Espana 1936 -- Maybe I can make it into Spring 1937 with the Republicans?
Sir, you are being hunted -- learn to use the shot gun and find an ax
CMFI -- classic tactical fun
CLOD -- a few nostalgic moments?
ARMAIII -- a few puzzled moments?
Flying Colors -- Havana 1748 with minor mods

  Looks promising -- but we shall see.

Martok

Quote from: OJsDad on October 18, 2013, 08:18:58 AM
Distant Worlds.
Hmm.  There's an idea.  I haven't played that one in a little while now.  :-[ 




Quote from: MengJiao on October 18, 2013, 08:38:02 AM
Espana 1936 -- Maybe I can make it into Spring 1937 with the Republicans?
I was wondering how you were progressing with that one.  Last I knew, it sounded like you'd gotten most of the north secured for the time being, but that the Nationalists were regrouping... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Martok on October 18, 2013, 08:49:30 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 18, 2013, 08:18:58 AM
Distant Worlds.
Hmm.  There's an idea.  I haven't played that one in a little while now.  :-[ 




Quote from: MengJiao on October 18, 2013, 08:38:02 AM
Espana 1936 -- Maybe I can make it into Spring 1937 with the Republicans?
I was wondering how you were progressing with that one.  Last I knew, it sounded like you'd gotten most of the north secured for the time being, but that the Nationalists were regrouping...

   As I recall -- game2 was a disaster because I went after the Nationalists up north and down south at the same time and about a month too early.  Game2.1 (which is a restart of Game2 in Dec 1936) seems to be going better:  two big Nationalist armies are besieged up north and I'm giving ground down south while the Russian tanks get to the front.  I think it's early Feb 1937.  Historically the Condor Legion arrived in May 1937, so I want to be in an Okay position as the Bf109 - s turn up and the Italians and Panzers get rolling.

   Historically the critical moment in early 1937 was the mass Italian tank attack at Guadalajara in early March 1937.  Republican air power seems to have stopped that attack.  The SB-2s are ready, but if things go differently -- well -- anything could happen.