ArmA III Campaign is released

Started by JudgeDredd, November 01, 2013, 06:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bloody hell they rifle sway and fatigue effects are ridiculous.   Feels like all the soldiers are asthmatics with rickets.

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 14, 2014, 07:24:13 PM
Bloody hell they rifle sway and fatigue effects are ridiculous.   Feels like all the soldiers are asthmatics with rickets.

They got the palsy.

:P

Apocalypse 31

What the hell did I just play?

It was neither a prologue nor a boot camp.

There was no guerrilla force in the story mode, and who is Staff Sergeant Adams? They could've at least used a character from the story.

It also didn't tech me anything. Fatigue? Yeah everyone learns that within their first 5 minutes playing.

Pinetree

Got a question for you guys, how optimised is the engine compared to Arma ll? I'm really interested in getting this but my laptop would overheat playing a medium sized scenario in Arma ll.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pinetree on July 15, 2014, 09:05:13 AM
Got a question for you guys, how optimised is the engine compared to Arma ll? I'm really interested in getting this but my laptop would overheat playing a medium sized scenario in Arma ll.

I'm pretty sure we've addressed this in this thread somewhere...there is no comparison really. ARMA III is leaps and bounds better than ARMA II from a technical perspective. Although I still have ARMA II installed on my HD, there is really no going back.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Pinetree

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 15, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on July 15, 2014, 09:05:13 AM
Got a question for you guys, how optimised is the engine compared to Arma ll? I'm really interested in getting this but my laptop would overheat playing a medium sized scenario in Arma ll.

I'm pretty sure we've addressed this in this thread somewhere...

Yeah, kind of. What I should have asked is: if Arma II overheats my laptop on medium sized scenarios would ArmaIII do the same?

Quotethere is no comparison really. ARMA III is leaps and bounds better than ARMA II from a technical perspective. Although I still have ARMA II installed on my HD, there is really no going back.

Thanks. I might wait for the next time it's on sale but then again, I am weak willed and  might not ;D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Pinetree on July 15, 2014, 07:17:26 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 15, 2014, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: Pinetree on July 15, 2014, 09:05:13 AM
Got a question for you guys, how optimised is the engine compared to Arma ll? I'm really interested in getting this but my laptop would overheat playing a medium sized scenario in Arma ll.

I'm pretty sure we've addressed this in this thread somewhere...

Yeah, kind of. What I should have asked is: if Arma II overheats my laptop on medium sized scenarios would ArmaIII do the same?

Quotethere is no comparison really. ARMA III is leaps and bounds better than ARMA II from a technical perspective. Although I still have ARMA II installed on my HD, there is really no going back.

Thanks. I might wait for the next time it's on sale but then again, I am weak willed and  might not ;D
I can't answer with any degree of accuracy - all I can say is on my system, my fans are doing overdrive. I have everything maxed out and the fans are on auto control...but they're going mental.

Having said that, they used to do exactly the same on ArmA II and I wasn't running that on max...because on max (or anything close) I had severe slow downs...it simply wasn't optimised.

I think what JH was suggesting with "a technical perspective" is that it IS better optimised - and I would agree.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Jarhead0331

#82
Yes. It is definitely better optimize, but it is also graphically superior. So depending on how you set up your video options, you may or may not get better performance. On the average, however, ARMA III runs much smoother to the point that there is almost no comparison. I was always frustrated with movement in Bo ARMA and ARMA II. This has been addressed by ARMA III. It's a totally new engine. At least it feels like it is.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


jomni

Don't know about technical optimization.  But character and vehicle movement is much much smoother than ARMA II.  And it has the graphics to boot.

Pinetree

Cool.  So if I run it on comparative settings to what I     ran Arma ll on it will run a hell of a lot better. Cheers guys.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."