If you want my Friday, you've got it!

Started by MetalDog, November 15, 2013, 07:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizik6

Enemy Within, Flashpoint Campaigns and, because I won't be home much of this weekend, I'm going to play the new Tiller mobile port of Civil War Battles on my Fire.

GDS_Starfury

Im playing Mirth.
very easy game and lots of buttons to push.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

Have you come across some horny tablets this week? You're like an over excited puppy.... I fully expect mirth to smack you on the c**k end with a rolled up newspaper

Martok

Ugh.  I need to get this bloody migraine to go away first... 

That being said, I'd like to fire up Distant Worlds: Shadows.  Also, I'm sure I'll play some more Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Apocalypse 31

Off topic, but isn't the length of service of the .50 cal amazing!

Don't fix what is not broken!

I've had a FPS itch lately, so I will be playing Insurgency coop and will probably dabble with the new update for Door Kickers

MetalDog

Woke up yesterday morning and turned on my computer.  Got a Steam notice that three of my friends were on Steam playing games at 7am (Bart on Civ V and Martok on FE:LH) along with one other friend playing Age of Empires III.  I played a lot of that MP with some friends in the last few years, but not for about nine or ten months.  So I hit my buddy up and he told me he was going to get some zzzz's and then we would play when he got up.  Just as we were loading up to play, one of my old buddies I played all that AoE with called, so, it was three versus the computer.  Took a bit to get back into the hang of it, but, once I did, it was ass kicking time!  The funniest part was when my first friend accused me of having an overwhelming advantage in the game due to the experience of the profile I was using. There was nothing I could do to convince him it was just my experience and my awesomeness ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

Nice!

I still haven't done any gaming yet this weekend...  >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MetalDog

Quote from: Toonces on November 17, 2013, 12:51:14 PM
Nice!

I still haven't done any gaming yet this weekend...  >:(

Conversely, I haven't done any surfing this weekend :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

LOL, I suppose not!  I'm going to take the SUP out this afternoon, so getting in any gaming is looking rough.  I might just break out a boardgame and start working on one of those.  I have a copy of Phantom Fury that I still haven't played!  No excuses there- it's solo only.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Kushan

Completed Act 1 of Diablo 3 for 360. Found TWO legendaries are their actually being used by my barbarian! This may be a little blasphemous, but so far I'm liking D3 on the console more then the PC.  Only playing on normal difficulty so see if that statement holds up on the higher difficulties.  The new loot system (and no AH) is what makes me feel that way. Its seems like Blizzard tweaked the crafting system as well. Blacksmithing seems to reward you with more usable items and so far doesn't feel like a grind as it can on the PC. Using the controller is really well implemented and so far hasn't strained my wrist like D3 tends to do on the PC.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on November 17, 2013, 04:26:17 PM
Completed Act 1 of Diablo 3 for 360. Found TWO legendaries are their actually being used by my barbarian! This may be a little blasphemous, but so far I'm liking D3 on the console more then the PC.  Only playing on normal difficulty so see if that statement holds up on the higher difficulties.  The new loot system (and no AH) is what makes me feel that way.

If Blizzard hadn't fvckhorned the loot system to feed their new action house bullshit, in the PC version, it would've been better too.   >:(  Whadda bunch of jerkfaces.

I read something about them planning on changing the current loot system on the PC version, but I'll believe it when I see it.  If I ever bother loading it up again.

Kushan

Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2013, 08:06:36 PM
If Blizzard hadn't fvckhorned the loot system to feed their new action house bullshit, in the PC version, it would've been better too.   >:(  Whadda bunch of jerkfaces.

I read something about them planning on changing the current loot system on the PC version, but I'll believe it when I see it.  If I ever bother loading it up again.

Its already been confirmed. The AH house is going away sometime in the spring (march I think) and the PC is getting the new loot system with the expansion patch around the same time. I don't share the hatred for Blizzard that many others do for them adding the AH. After playing Diablo 2 for many years, I understand exactly what they were trying to do. They've admitted their mistake, and are looking to rectify it. Even with the flaws, I still think Diablo 3 is one of the best PC games out today.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

The AH never really bothered me honestly, but I think the RMAH was a bad idea.  I used the AH once for a cheap crossbow bought with in game gold, but it wasn't necessary to do so.  The problem with D3 is two fold IMO.  1.  The randomized loot system made 99% of drops worthless.  2.  Complete lack of randomness in the maps.  I still play it occasionally, because I love ARPGs and D3 isn't a horrible game it just gets repetitive.

Nefaro

Quote from: Kushan on November 17, 2013, 10:47:16 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 17, 2013, 08:06:36 PM

Its already been confirmed. The AH house is going away sometime in the spring (march I think) and the PC is getting the new loot system with the expansion patch around the same time. I don't share the hatred for Blizzard that many others do for them adding the AH. After playing Diablo 2 for many years, I understand exactly what they were trying to do. They've admitted their mistake, and are looking to rectify it. Even with the flaws, I still think Diablo 3 is one of the best PC games out today.

It wasn't their adding of the AH.  It was Blizzard's bullheadedness in forcing everyone to stay logged in, supposedly in order to use it.  Even worse, they intentionally lowered the levels of their loot drops so that your characters are forced to use the AH in order to trade for items appropriate for their character level.  In other words, they made the loot drops far below your character's level simply to push you into using the damn thing.  That's just terrible design and players had every right to be pissed at the for it.  Obviously they came to this realization at some point, although I don't know if they actually came out and admitted they were wrong for doing something so dickish.

GJK

Quote from: Toonces on November 17, 2013, 01:41:24 PM
I have a copy of Phantom Fury that I still haven't played!  No excuses there- it's solo only.   ::)

Would love to know what you think of PF once you do get around to playing it.  I've had my eye on that one for a good while now.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer