Assassins Creed IV

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2013, 07:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2013, 02:03:29 PM
That old gag, eh...

I'm afraid so but I'm as old as the gag unfortunately. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2013, 08:33:18 AM
The word on the street is that this is the best AC game yet.  The islands are really beautiful and have to be seen to be believed.

Pirate... and... assassins... and Templars....

This may have to be the first AC game that I play.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

kmbgolf

wondering if I should wait till I get the x box 1 for my kids christmas or just get ac for pc now.

Nefaro

Is this still the estimated cause of Steam's slowness lately?  Their store has been intermittently running like shit.

If it's running this slowly now, I fear their Christmas sale will shut the thing down for a week straight.  ::)

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Nefaro on November 21, 2013, 04:41:12 PM
Is this still the estimated cause of Steam's slowness lately?  Their store has been intermittently running like shit.

If it's running this slowly now, I fear their Christmas sale will shut the thing down for a week straight.  ::)

It shut them down last year on Christmas Day. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 21, 2013, 07:07:56 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 21, 2013, 04:41:12 PM

It shut them down last year on Christmas Day. Hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Naaah.  Steam.  They don't learn lessons!  :P

Every year, the first two days of the Christmas sale results in an unresponsive store.  It still runs like crap through the whole season.  I know they get hit pretty hard but with their massive customer base that's on every night, I'd expect their capacity to be higher.   Seems like their bandwidth peaks around their nightly peak population and anything further starts resulting in craptastic speeds.

It really burns my ass knowing that they have artificially limited the download rates for at least one heavily sold game's patches.  We can assume it's just because so many people own it that everyone downloading new patch releases at once would bring Steam to a screeching halt.  :-\

Gusington

There is little worse than burned ass.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Pretty stupid question, but, I've never played any games like this.  It don't suppose it's two player, is it?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

There are MP components to some of the games but they focus more on SP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

The reason I ask is that the (future) Wife LOVES pirates and plays games.  I wanted to get this for her for Christmas, but, I know she would like me to play along with her.  Is there enough there for me to get any enjoyment out of playing along with her?  Or is this basically just a solo adventure?

Gusington

That I don't know, I don't have Black Flag yet. The earlier games had MP but focused on SP.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

Sorry to be obtuse, but MP in what manner?  Seperate characters?  Play on the same machine (PC, PS3, XBOX)?  Or online?

Gusington

I think coop, but I could be wrong.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
Sorry to be obtuse, but MP in what manner?  Seperate characters?  Play on the same machine (PC, PS3, XBOX)?  Or online?

There is a very unique MP mode.  Basically, players are tasked with assassinating a target, but you don't know if the target is AI, or another human player assassin with a target of his own.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MetalDog

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2013, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2013, 09:19:26 PM

There is a very unique MP mode.  Basically, players are tasked with assassinating a target, but you don't know if the target is AI, or another human player assassin with a target of his own.

So you are playing together on the same machine?  Or it's online?