Assassins Creed IV

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2013, 07:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2013, 09:41:23 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2013, 09:39:42 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 21, 2013, 09:19:26 PM
Sorry to be obtuse, but MP in what manner?  Seperate characters?  Play on the same machine (PC, PS3, XBOX)?  Or online?

There is a very unique MP mode.  Basically, players are tasked with assassinating a target, but you don't know if the target is AI, or another human player assassin with a target of his own.

So you are playing together on the same machine?  Or it's online?

Online, dude. No split screen that I know of.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Saw some cool things in a game last night. As I was plying the seas in my stout little Brig on "loan" from the Spanish crown, I spied in the distance, through my looking glass, a random battle between Spanish and English Frigates.  I could hear the cannon fire off in the distance and see the smoke and wreckage off in the horizon.  Its random encounters between AI vessels like this that help make the Caribbean Seas feel alive in this game.

Once again, I highly recommend this title.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Sounds like the open world is great.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

The game goes on sale this friday.  I really want to take advantage of that sale but can't bring myself to face the crowds.  Those observations you made last night really help sell this game imo.  Atmosphere is just as important as gameplay for these kinds of games and it sounds like AssCreedIV* has it.

*See Gus, I learned how to use the nomenclature correctly!   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Very good. When you type 'on sale' do you mean discounted?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

^Yes.  I forgot to mention that Best Buy and Target will have the console version discounted to 29.99 for just black friday.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Gusington

Only at stores? No internet sale from those shops?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I just double checked the Best Buy deal.  My bad it's 34.99 from Nov 28 to Nov 30.  You can order it online and you get free delivery so if you'd rather not go to the physical store you can avoid that mess.   :)

Gusington

Just got Strategic Command WWI today...dammit

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd