Assassins Creed IV

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2013, 07:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Anyone else playing this? I've only played for a few minutes so far, but it's been really fun. If you like pirates or the age of sailing ships, this is a must get.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I am defintely buying this but want to get through AssCreed III first and wait for a price drop. Reviews for Black Flag have been excellent so far too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Great endorsement. I didn't know it was out on the PC yet. Sounds like I'll have to give it a go.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

Just released on steam last night.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

The word on the street is that this is the best AC game yet.  The islands are really beautiful and have to be seen to be believed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

My son played though III on the 360 and bought IV for his laptop. I told him to check the specs first and he didn't. His processor is just a bit too small to run this game, and it's choppy as hell even with all of the options set to rock bottom. That said, it looked like it would be fun.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2013, 08:35:28 AM
Did you play III?

Yes...I put about 4-6 hours into it. Can't say I totally loved it. The whole baby Indian thing kind of turned me off. Boring...I heard III doesn't really get good until at least 8 to 10 hours into it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Yeah press was pretty unified in saying that the tutorial was about 9 hours too long for III...how is it for Black Flag?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2013, 11:09:00 AM
Yeah press was pretty unified in saying that the tutorial was about 9 hours too long for III...how is it for Black Flag?

I don't know. I've only played a few minutes.  But RPS says its shorter, although still long.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

W8taminute

You've verified my suspicion that Black Flag is a must get.  I've played AC2 and loved it.  I have AC3 but it's on my backlog awaiting play.  Now I gotta look for a Black Flag sale and get this too!

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2013, 08:27:58 AM
I am defintely buying this but want to get through AssCreed III first and wait for a price drop. Reviews for Black Flag have been excellent so far too.

Umm...hmmmm...Gus you might want to check your spelling there matey.  You're opening yourself up for some funny innuendos.    ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

'AssCreed' is industry standard, and by that I mean RPS uses it so its good enough for me. Get your mind out of my AssCreed!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on November 20, 2013, 11:21:12 AM
You've verified my suspicion that Black Flag is a must get.  I've played AC2 and loved it.  I have AC3 but it's on my backlog awaiting play.  Now I gotta look for a Black Flag sale and get this too!

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2013, 08:27:58 AM

Umm...hmmmm...Gus you might want to check your spelling there matey.  You're opening yourself up for some funny innuendos.    ;)

Yep.  AC4 sounds fun (I read the RPS review).  Let's see.  I'm just starting Skyrim for the first time so I'll get AC4 in a couple of years.