Histwar: LG becomes Histwar Napoleon

Started by undercovergeek, December 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Skoop

Quote from: Dolan50 on February 17, 2014, 11:00:32 PM
I couldn't get the demo to download from that site and went here-
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=243

It says Demo05e2 and I have downloaded it.

Is this the current Demo?
It states that it was updated Jan.06,2014.

That is the right demo, even has the latest patch.

Grim.Reaper

Looks like the next update is due in late March, at the earliest....although doesn't sound too firm.


http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,7927.0.html

mikeck

Yeah...shelved it for awile. Glad I bought it and it looks cool, but needs a few more tweeks
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on February 22, 2014, 05:20:51 PM
Yeah...shelved it for awile. Glad I bought it and it looks cool, but needs a few more tweeks

Me too...I originally just picked it up when it was a cheaper price, knowing that it would take all the updates this year to really bring it to the right level for serious play.  I knew that going into it so not really disappointed yet.

steve58

Histwar: Austerlitz announced.  Going to be a Greenlight (if enough votes).

http://www.histwar.com/actu/news.html

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230506942&searchtext=Histwar

Quote
Histwar is diversifying.
Due to popular demand, Histwar will offer more versions.

Histwar: Austerlitz, the first of the series, will simulate the major battles of the Austrian campaign of 1805: Haslash, Elchingen, Dürenstein, Schrödingen and Austerlitz.
The historically accurate maps will recreate the battlefields where the armies of the 3rd coalition met.

At Austerlitz, on a battlefield of 190 km², maneuver your troops and lead them to victory.

The doctrine editor, an essential component of the game, will be available to help you regulate the default behavior of the more than one hundred units at your disposal.

Important: This new series will be available through steam. However, to this end, we need you to vote for us to get a "greenlight" to be published on steam.

Otherwise, the game development continues.

The artillery is getting a complete overhaul to improve its efficiency.

Other bugs (pertaining to cavalry or corps not responding...) are being fixed.

The new user interface is progressing although there will be some delay in implementing it.

The brigade and division AIs algorithms are completed. The grand tactical AI is getting significant improvements.

Thank you for your support,

New updates coming soon...

JMM
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

sandman2575

Awesome to see this on Greenlight -- definitely gets my vote. 

Although I fear some of the promo video doesn't do the game any favors, the cavalry charges in particular.  For gamers reared on Total War, those animations are not going inspire a lot of enthusiasm --

Yes, yes, I know HistWar is not Total War, but still --

mikeck

Actually, I find the upgrades histwar: Napoleon graphics to be quite good. Scrolling out the landscape looks like a painting. The UI is a train wreck but apparently that is being addressed in the next patch. So I'm waiting on that. Will be a great game. Playable now if you can figure stuff out
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaTank

How is the game doing now that it has "settled" a bit.  Did the AI ever get fixed?  ie. to support dynamic battlefield changes?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

mikeck

#98
Not much has happened last few months. English forum is dead. Supposedly an update is coming soon but I haven't heard much. I check the update site occasionally but...nothing. Not saying it's abandoned but not much activity after a fury of patches months ago. Perhaps JMM is keeping it low key and plowing ahead. I don't speak French so I can't read the main forum.

Perhaps he will pop in here and advise?
Last path was January 6
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

I heard they were redoing the UI like two or three years ago.  That still hasn't happened?  :-\

ArizonaTank

Quote from: mikeck on April 14, 2014, 09:34:41 PM
Not much has happened last few months. English forum is dead. Supposedly an update is coming soon but I haven't heard much. I check the update site occasionally but...nothing. Not saying it's abandoned but not much activity after a fury of patches months ago. Perhaps JMM is keeping it low key and plowing ahead. I don't speak French so I can't read the main forum.

Perhaps he will pop in here and advise?
Last path was January 6

Thanks for the update....I would love to see Histwar come together and reach its potential.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

magnus

The UI in the newer game Napoleon is much different than the original one in Grognards.

Buying into the Napoleon project was pretty much like a kickstarter or early access.

Unfortunately being done by a single programmer, who I assume has a real life job, the work is slower and the updates happen less.

sandman2575


Rayfer

I wonder what impact, if any, Scourge of War going Napoleonic will have on Histwar Napoleon in terms of release dates, sales, comparisions, etc?

magnus

 Actually Napoleon itself is not up for Greenlight.

Austerlitz which is based on Napoleon, but smaller in scope is trying to be Green lit.