IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

For the life of me I cannot get the external camera option to active!?! Tried remapping to different keys, and even buttons on my joystick... nothing... any ideas why?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Do you have it enabled under settings?  If you select "expert" then external views are disabled.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on November 28, 2018, 06:24:41 AM
For the life of me I cannot get the external camera option to active!?! Tried remapping to different keys, and even buttons on my joystick... nothing... any ideas why?

If you were playing MP, the server may have it disabled.

Barthheart

I most certainly do not have Expert selected. :2funny:

Are you talking about "Settings" under the Options menu from the man menu or "Settings" once in a mission? I didn't see any choice in either place but really wasn't looking in the mission settings for this...

I have not even done a real mission yet let alone venture into MP Tuna!  :o

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on November 28, 2018, 08:07:29 AM
I most certainly do not have Expert selected. :2funny:

Are you talking about "Settings" under the Options menu from the man menu or "Settings" once in a mission? I didn't see any choice in either place but really wasn't looking in the mission settings for this...

I have not even done a real mission yet let alone venture into MP Tuna!  :o

Hop on MP with me n Iron X tonight!

JasonPratt

I never did get around to working out my joystick/throttle issues last night, but I did decide to cash CloD:Blitz back in while I still could, since I saw there were lots of complaints about joystick functionality and I didn't care for its limited campaign settings or mission structures. Seems like the Battle of Britain sim available from Matrix is still better (modded up of course). And I had picked up IL-2:1946 while it was on sale, too, so I won't be hurting for extra stuff.

I don't recall at what point the easy/expert/custom settings kick in (I want to say during mission or campaign setup), but if SDR says exterior views are disabled in "expert" that must be what he's talking about, and thus there must be a checkbox for it in the "custom" list.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

IronX and I flew a couple quick sorties tonight. I had a good run in Ju-88 against factory 28 buildings from 3000 meters. Then when IronX joined we hopped in ME-110 G version and went at it against the enemy shipping.

I hit the drink on the first mission, but was successful the next attempt :crazy2:

IronX on the attack

Bombs away

Direct Hit!

Barthheart

Figured out external camera - in mission settings must check "Allow Spectators"... of course...  ::)

Tuna

On the server we were on, it doesn't allow external views. But when are playing back recordings you can switch to external 

Gusington

Great shots  O0

And thanks  to Yskonyn, I was able to fix the fonts in my game  :bd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Yes! Now I can move forward to get totally intimidated by the game! I'm hoping to do a few ride along MP sessions to try to learn something. Anything, really.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

One important thing to 'learn', is the difference between the Russian and German brake systems. With the germans you can use your toe brakes on your rudders. With the Russian, you need to set a key for the pneumatic brake, with that one you activate the brake button while steering the rudder in the direction you want to brake.

Kind of funny with this game, taxi and take off is the hard thing to to learn. But once you get it, life is good.

I've yet to fly US, and don't own the spit. So not sure how their brakes work.

Yskonyn

The Spit has a handbrake paddle switch on the yoke in real life. No idea if it works like such in the sim though.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tuna