IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 18, 2018, 10:07:10 PM
I understand that in Cliffs of Dover, which is much more detailed than the BoX games (though now under management by the same team, so hopefully fixes will be coming in for problems), the He-111 (which already has a nice view) actually has a command to open the top hatch and raise up the seat to look around. It even pops up a little windshield!  :smitten:

Seriously? In the pilot position?

Father Ted

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 18, 2018, 10:07:10 PM
Cliffs of Dover, which is much more detailed than the BoX games (though now under management by the same team, so hopefully fixes will be coming in for problems)

I don't think that is the case.  CloD (properly IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover) was developed by the makers of the original IL2 series.  BoX (properly IL2 Sturmovik: BoX) is a totally different game engine, developed by a different team 777 Studios.  I think that 777 acquired the name IL2 Sturmovik, but handed over the code for CloD to an independent group of modders (Team Fusion).  TF have re-worked CloD and now sell it as CloD Blitz and are in the process of making a Mediterranean add-on.  Basically any fixes/changes in BoX will not affect CloD and vice versa.  Just ignore the the words "IL2 Sturmovik" in all these titles and it becomes a lot simpler to follow...

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2018, 12:34:15 PM
God knows the damage I could do just hopping into a bombardier's position.

I feel as if this was meant to be a hidden metaphorical message.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2018, 03:50:10 PM
What do you mean by hidden?

It would not be 'terrific' that's for sure!

Flew the A-20 first time tonight.. what a breeze and joy to fly.. especially taking off and landing.. Tri landing gear must be the difference!

JasonPratt

"And she's a one man gal, too! -- one man at a time, that is."  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

The Battle of Kuban has freaking P-39L-1 Airacobras, too.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Haven't  tried that on yet. Only  did the ME 110 g with Ironx before today's  Havoc flights. That was fun, we were skip bombing ships.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Yeah, Kuban with all those U.S. planes is going to be a must-buy.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Steam sale starts in mere minutes...it can hear me welping.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I've got Kuban...presently trying to determine whether I should get bodenplatte...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Wait...Bodenplatte was what I meant, not Kuban.  Isn't Bodenplatte the one with the P-38 and P-47?  I guess I could just go look it up myself, but you know...Gus.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on December 20, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
Wait...Bodenplatte was what I meant, not Kuban.  Isn't Bodenplatte the one with the P-38 and P-47?  I guess I could just go look it up myself, but you know...Gus.

Yes. You meant Bodenplatte.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Quite.  I might go full premium edition on that.  That planeset is pretty amazing.