Is it live or is it Friday?

Started by MetalDog, January 17, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

It's rare to have a job you can work from home with. I do that three days a week, and my office is only about 12 miles from my house now. :)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 07:17:32 PM
I was fortunate enough to have it gifted to me by a kind-hearted soul :)

Nice:)  also going to pick up the blood pack ,need more gore.

mikeck

Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Kids and wife are away for the night...and tomorrow a holiday. Time to OD on Rome II, True Detective and Grosse Point Blank. Rome II first.

Mike thanks for the graphics tip...I actually lowered the unit quality and it did nothing, so I will try shadows next. Other than that little annoyance, I am REALLY digging the Iceni. I daresay it may be a little too easy, but I'm sure as my empire grows the difficulty will go up. Can't wait to bump into the Romans...hard :)

I have a new card so I can run it at Max but with my previous card I found that turning shadows down and putting unit sprite graphics to medium or low and medium shadows at low works best. If you're getting bad performance with the unit sprites turned down then put them in medium and try it without shadows see if that fixes it . Shadows are nice but the battlefields are so beautiful anyway they really don't have a whole lot but they do use a lot of performance
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on January 19, 2014, 08:34:51 PM
Quote from: Gusington on January 19, 2014, 06:58:10 PM
Kids and wife are away for the night...and tomorrow a holiday. Time to OD on Rome II, True Detective and Grosse Point Blank. Rome II first.

Mike thanks for the graphics tip...I actually lowered the unit quality and it did nothing, so I will try shadows next. Other than that little annoyance, I am REALLY digging the Iceni. I daresay it may be a little too easy, but I'm sure as my empire grows the difficulty will go up. Can't wait to bump into the Romans...hard :)

I have a new card so I can run it at Max but with my previous card I found that turning shadows down and putting unit sprite graphics to medium or low and medium shadows at low works best. If you're getting bad performance with the unit sprites turned down then put them in medium and try it without shadows see if that fixes it . Shadows are nice but the battlefields are so beautiful anyway they really don't have a whole lot but they do use a lot of performance

Not sure if you guys were aware, but if the game downgrades your graphics during loading, it writes a file to your logs directory that says exactly what settings it changed for you and to what setting.  I have been using this to help determine what the game thinks my settings should be.

Gusington

Really? How do I view the logs?

I fiddled with the shadows and the textures and I'm still getting the message.

I also spoke too soon about the game perhaps being a bit too easy...the Caledones (Scots) are giving me a good horse whipping and being a general pain in the arse, blocking my way to taking over all of the British Isles. I didn't know it while losing this battle, but it would be quite the watershed moment in my young campaign...Caledones troops totally overrunning me!! "Men wavering" indeed.


✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Gus,

My logs are in this directory for Windows 8, assuming they would be in a similar place for you depending on what operating system.

C:\Users\<<insert user name>>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\logs

The log file is gfx.log.   If you can't find the directory, just search for the file.  Here is a sample of what my log shows, you can see it tells you what it does.  Once I adjusted mine per this, I no longer got the message.

Downgrading, Over budget by 464 MB
Disabled Alpha-blending
Downgraded Shadows to 1
Downgraded Texture Quality to 2

bayonetbrant

got a little head-to-head Card Hunter in today.  Anyone out there that wants to play a little head-to-head sometime, lemme know and we can set up a custom game to throw down :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Dammit Jim!  I keep forgetting about that game.  Ok, I'm going to make an effort to try it tonight if I don't have too much beer.   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

What is this "too much beer" you speak of?

I've not heard of such a place.

Gusington

Thanks Grim, futzing with it now.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Finally got some decent time in with Rome II this weekend ... should have been grading but I'm justifying this as research.  That works, right??
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Toonces

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 19, 2014, 10:40:13 PM
Finally got some decent time in with Rome II this weekend ... should have been grading but I'm justifying this as research.  That works, right??

Yup.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

TCT your wife says no problem but your mom is not happy.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd