Battles of King Arthur

Started by spelk, January 18, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

If this game is anything better than utterly mediocre I am gonna be so over this!  I think it looks fantastic.  I love the boardgame look to it.

Have no idea if the gameplay will be compelling.  It's certainly hitting the right itches with me in the description, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the execution is all about.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Grim.Reaper

Looks like new date is now September 2014....you can even pre-order for about $42.....has a trailer on this link too, does interest me....but since unknown and has been delayed multiple times, this will be one that I wait for release.

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/games/battles-king-arthur/

Gusington

Still looks very good. I like the boardgame look of it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

^ +1.

I don't see any reason to pre-order it though.  I'll wait and see what the reviewers have to say.  It certainly looks like a must-buy to me, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

42.00 seems a little high unless there is some kind of uber sandbox mode.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on June 02, 2014, 09:08:24 AM
42.00 seems a little high unless there is some kind of uber sandbox mode.

That's my feeling, and that's the discounted price. In today's market this strikes me as more of a $20 or $30 title.  It's not exactly AAA.

Gusington

Yeah...I am sure it will go on sale not too far after release, like everything else.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Yep, no preorder for me...still suspicious of this one:)

Grim.Reaper

Looks like a specific date of September 12th picked right now for steam release....will be interested to see if this turns out to be any good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/259150

tgb

I'm interested, but I wonder if they're still going to price it at $49.99 at release.  This isn't 1998, you know.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on August 09, 2014, 07:21:47 PM
I'm interested, but I wonder if they're still going to price it at $49.99 at release.  This isn't 1998, you know.

Pre orders already bein taken for $42 so that likely is the release price since does not mention discount.

Gusington

Price is a bit rich for my blood too. Game does look good though.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: spelk on January 19, 2014, 02:49:39 AM
I hope its not a re-skinned Chess.

Yes, it does resemble a chess board in this video:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Swatter

I wouldn't be worried about the lack of advertising at this point, release is very far away. Not everybody is SOE and hypes up games not much beyond the concept stage (Everquest Next).

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Swatter on August 10, 2014, 12:00:24 AM
I wouldn't be worried about the lack of advertising at this point, release is very far away. Not everybody is SOE and hypes up games not much beyond the concept stage (Everquest Next).

I am not worried from an advertising perspective, although it is really not that far away, just about a month from their published release date (9/12).  Much more hoping it just turns out to be a fun good game.