Might & Magic X Legacy at Steam

Started by Sir Slash, January 23, 2014, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rayfer

Couldn't resist...about 60% downloaded and waiting for it to finish.  Always loved this series going back to the beginning.  This new  one goes back to its early roots (which some people hate) with tile based movement indoors and outdoors, not like 6,7,8 and 9. Crossing my fingers!

Mr. Bigglesworth

I wanted it. Then I saw it was Ubisoft which means you have to be on their ubisoft server to play. Eurogamer review said it already crashed, locking you out of your game. No thanks.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598


Greybriar

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 23, 2014, 01:13:34 PM
Available today at $25. Anybody gonna take the plunge?  http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750/

I haven't taken the plunge. Even though it's on Steam Uplay is mandatory.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Rayfer

Well...about an hour into it and I'm having a lot of fun. Playing it on the adventurer mode, normal difficulty, rather than hard. Finished the first dungeon after a difficult battle with the boss spider queen.  The dungeon aspect reminds me of Grimlock without all those convoluted puzzles but with tile based movement and turn based combat. Combat isn't at all like M&M6,7,8 and 9 where you could run and gun with bows and spells.  You have to utilize warriors up front while the spell casters help with buffs, etc. from behind.  I had no crashes or any other sort of problems running it on my five year old rig. The manual doesn't help much in determining how to create your 4 characters....there are 4 races with 3 classes each for a total of 12 to choose from.

Nefaro

I loved the tile-based RPGs like this.  The ones that are very light on any puzzle nonsense, as mentioned.  So I picked it up awhile back despite the terrible Uplay craptastics by Ubi.  They knew how to get me.

However I couldn't bring myself to play it yet, knowing that the game isn't even one-third finished.  I'm curious as to how it is but at the same time I don't want to ruin my first play with Alpha bugs or get frustrated that it ends so quickly.  So maybe I' wait until it's over half finished?  :-*

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Nefaro on January 23, 2014, 10:49:47 PM
I loved the tile-based RPGs like this.  The ones that are very light on any puzzle nonsense, as mentioned.  So I picked it up awhile back despite the terrible Uplay craptastics by Ubi.  They knew how to get me.

However I couldn't bring myself to play it yet, knowing that the game isn't even one-third finished.  I'm curious as to how it is but at the same time I don't want to ruin my first play with Alpha bugs or get frustrated that it ends so quickly.  So maybe I' wait until it's over half finished?  :-*

What do you mean only 1/3rd finished? I thought this was the full release? Are they doing something episodic instead?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Yskonyn

#8
Yes they are... :(

Actually that is a statement from the Early Access phase. I see no reference anymore to episodic releases? Steam even advertises it to be the 'Full game' now. ?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

The game is finished.
The 1/4-Done was how the first Early Access release was.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tpek on January 24, 2014, 06:16:40 AM
The game is finished.

Seriously?!

When I checked the status a month ago, it mentioned only being about 1/4 finished content-wise.  You're telling me they just crammed most of the campaign content in the last month or two?  That's kinda worrisome. 

I hope they didn't cut the originally intended length of the game short.  ???

Tpek

That 25% done was how the first part of the Early Access was.
Since then they released more and more content with patches.

Nefaro

#12
Quote from: Tpek on January 24, 2014, 08:12:22 AM
That 25% done was how the first part of the Early Access was.
Since then they released more and more content with patches.

Exactly.  The last release was around the end of November or early December and the update said they were only about 1/3rd finished at that time. 

That being only a month and a half ago, I expected the content to take a few more months to finish.  Hrmmm..

I suppose if we can get 40-60 hours in a single campaign, all is well.  I have a sneaking suspicion that things were cut short, though.

BanzaiCat

I haven't played anything Might & Magic since M&M III. I've been thinking about buying this one, but it'll be a few weeks before I can.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Looks like the anti-porn filters in the UK don't care for the smutty Uplay boudoir photos.  BT's shitty ISP is blocking users from Uplay as well as from some Ubisoft webpages.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/24/bt-infinity-blocks-ubisofts-uplay-or-vice-versa/