Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when Friday comes for you

Started by Jarhead0331, March 27, 2014, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on March 28, 2014, 08:08:06 AM
I will be playing 'kill the eye infection.' Until it is killed I can't really game or read. What a sucky week.

Do you wear disposable contact lenses? if so, you need to throw them out and, after the infection has cleared up, start with a fresh pair. Don't trust your nightly cleaning solution if you already have conjunctivitis.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

W8taminute

I'm going to try to convince the family to play Bowling 1.0 the beta over the weekend.  After that my soul will be ravaged by Dark Souls 2.  I'm currently a level 82 warrior who dabbles a bit in magics.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Martok

Sorry to hear about your eye, Gus.  :(  Here's hoping it starts feeling (and getting) better very soon! 




Anyway, no gaming for me this weekend.  I'm driving up to Fargo tomorrow for my younger niece's first birthday party, and will then be down in Winona and La Crosse visiting Grandma Bjorlo and some friends until Monday. 

I did get in a little time with Pandora: First Contact earlier today, but that's probably gonna be it for me. 




Quote from: Ian C on March 28, 2014, 01:45:24 PM
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. I've had this for some time and never played it.  Started it two days ago and can't put it down.
Welcome to the club, Ian.  Glad you're enjoying it.  8) 




Quote from: SgtRock on March 28, 2014, 03:09:06 PM
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - started a game last night, any recommended mods for this ?

Are there others besides these?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress

Is it just me or are there still balance issues in the game, just starting out with a level 1 hero 5, turns in, I get a dialog box about some one who wants to fight me one on one, so I click ok and the fight goes like this; the enemy guy moves and kills me with a single blow of 60 hit points, my hero never even got a turn and that was on easy, huh?
There are certainly balance issues, yes, but the one's I've come across are generally less severe than the one you're referring to.  That one is kind of annoying, though; I don't understand why Stardock hasn't tweaked it, as I don't know anyone (including myself) who's come even remotely close to beating that guy. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on March 28, 2014, 05:58:13 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 28, 2014, 04:49:31 PM
Oh...just installed TW Battles on my tablet...some Shogun TW on my mobile device! Hashime!
Let me know what you think of it. I bought it, installed, played it a little bit, then uninstalled.

I have become very disillusioned with CA since Rome 2. I thought Shogun TW Battles was another trade in on the brand name, which for me is starting to be one to avoid. And yet Shogun 2 Total War was really good.

G*d alone knows what has happened to all the accumulated development experience acquired from the Total War franchise. IMHO they seem to be taking steps backwards with their products on many levels rather than increasing the gaming experience. I have been a Total War fanboi for years, but lately as a TW fan I feel really let down by CA. >:(


Unfortunately it sounds like their Warhammer Total War game is going to be dumbed down for it's console compatibility, too.  I'm beginning to think this is the direction they're headed with the franchise.   :(

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: SgtRock on March 28, 2014, 03:09:06 PM
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - started a game last night, any recommended mods for this ?

Are there others besides these?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress

Is it just me or are there still balance issues in the game, just starting out with a level 1 hero 5, turns in, I get a dialog box about some one who wants to fight me one on one, so I click ok and the fight goes like this; the enemy guy moves and kills me with a single blow of 60 hit points, my hero never even got a turn and that was on easy, huh?

The biggest balance issue I find was starting location, proximate resources, and proximate experience quests.

I don't know that the encounter you are talking about is a good example of the game's balance issues, but it's certainly a strange one. The guy who challenges you is drunk, right? The only time I've ever come across that guy is in the first 10 turns. He doesn't have a lot of hit points, so if he manages to miss you in that first strike, you'll likely kill him. In which case he offers to join your cause as a champion, but he's a remarkably poor champion. Not sure why he's there.

There are no level-specific areas, so it is entirely possible to wander into mobs much higher level than you. That's clearly by design.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

jomni

As usual, I'll be flight simming.  I am now focused on the X-Plane platform.  Here's one of the airports I'm currently enhancing:

Hiroshima Airport, Japan (RJOA)

-budd-

probably keep on with my quick play games....Qvadriga, the Syrians must be slow starters but my team with only 1 original driver is starting to come around i'm finally racing in level 3 arena's and getting some wins in level 2 arena's. I'll throw in some Ticket to Ride which i just picked up and am enjoying alot, so much so that i picked up the board game and I shall attempt to teach the kids in my on going quest to get them into games with more strategy choices. I'm also going to try to get some time with Sir you are being hunted, they released the last of the content for single player the castle biome so i'll be giving that a visit. hopefully.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Toonces

Man, so far I have totally not followed the plan for this weekend.  I broke down the wheel and hooked back up the HOTAS and spent the last two days flying FSX again.

I didn't get any very good screenshots, but I've been learning the Ultimate Airliners DC-9-14 that I got for Xmas in some retro Hawaiian Airlines colors.

Lihue, Kauai:



Flying a shitty approach into Honolulu.  What was cool about this, though, is that I had Active Sky running with real-world weather.  We were having some thunderstorms nearby (real world) and just as some lightning flashed in game it thundered for real outside.  Totally cool.



I think I might boot up CK2 now as I'm having some beer and F1 is impossible once I get my beer on.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

The bad news is that a patch came out for CK2 that apparently nuked all of my old saved games.

The good news is that I started a new game as Moray.

The bad news is that it was the fastest game of CK2 I've ever played.  I pretty much lost within 3 years, which I didn't even think was possible.  Religious revolts just destroyed me.  Tough game.  I didn't even get to marry my 8 year old fiance!   >:(
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

If your ck2 is steam you need to roll it back to the previous beta..... it's very easily done and stopped me having a heart attack as 14 months of front page aar went up in smoke!

Ian C

Quote from: Martok on March 28, 2014, 07:10:20 PM
Quote from: Ian C on March 28, 2014, 01:45:24 PM
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes. I've had this for some time and never played it.  Started it two days ago and can't put it down.

Welcome to the club, Ian.  Glad you're enjoying it.  8) 

I sure am! The difference between this and Elemental is staggering.


MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys