GrogHeads Forum

Digital Gaming => Computer Gaming => Topic started by: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 03:03:04 AM

Title: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 03:03:04 AM
I absolutely fell in love with this woman back in my youth... (I can't for the life of me work out how to embed a Youtube video!)



But, given she's not in my life, I'll be gamingm this weekend...so what's on offer?

A few games of OOTP 15
Fire up Steel Beasts Pro and see what the fuss is about...at least learn it!

I've got all my primer and Tamiya paints - so I'm hoping to break the fear of my compressor and air brush and use them. I still don't know if I'm going to repaint my Challenger II yet...I'm sooooo tempted to do so...
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Yskonyn on July 18, 2014, 03:49:22 AM
Some Steelbeasts Pro with Asid if all goes well today (JD why don't you join us around noon on SB Teamspeak? ;) )

Otherwise will be busy on my PS4 and Vita for some Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice, Watch Dogs and FFXIV (yup! Have some free time this weekend! )
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: tgb on July 18, 2014, 05:00:33 AM
Divinity:Original Sin, now that the new patch is out.  Perhaps Star Ruler 2 if word on today's Early Release is positive.  Still waiting on word on the Sovereignity beta.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 05:08:47 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on July 18, 2014, 03:49:22 AM
Some Steelbeasts Pro with Asid if all goes well today (JD why don't you join us around noon on SB Teamspeak? ;) )

Otherwise will be busy on my PS4 and Vita for some Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice, Watch Dogs and FFXIV (yup! Have some free time this weekend! )
What time (GMT?)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Shelldrake on July 18, 2014, 05:31:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 03:03:04 AM
I absolutely fell in love with this woman back in my youth... (I can't for the life of me work out how to embed a Youtube video!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvqgb1D6Opw

But, given she's not in my life, I'll be gamingm this weekend...so what's on offer?


Yeah Blondie!

For me it will be a couple of PBEM Commander The Great War games, including one with Gus (my situation will become much more difficult once les Amies arrive in force). Wargame Red Dragon is also on my gaming menu and maybe some RPG but not sure which one.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Barthheart on July 18, 2014, 07:06:22 AM
We have house guests this weekend, friends of my wife's and their annoying kid, so not much gaming to be had.....

I bought Battle Fleet 2 fer my iPad yesterday and it seems good so far. Nice campaign feature included.

I also have Desert Fox, the 3rd Crisis in Command series for the iPad. Challenged DicedT .... see if he's up to the challenge!  ;)

There's also a new Planet of the Apes update for Plague Inc. Great fun trying to get the apes to take over the world.

So mostly iPad stuff in the quiet moments in the morning or late evening.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Yskonyn on July 18, 2014, 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 05:08:47 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on July 18, 2014, 03:49:22 AM
Some Steelbeasts Pro with Asid if all goes well today (JD why don't you join us around noon on SB Teamspeak? ;) )

Otherwise will be busy on my PS4 and Vita for some Persona 4, Soul Sacrifice, Watch Dogs and FFXIV (yup! Have some free time this weekend! )
What time (GMT?)

I am on now (13 GMT), but Asid isn't (yet). :)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 07:21:55 AM
I'm at work  :(
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: W8taminute on July 18, 2014, 07:44:47 AM
Hey Judge,

I thought I knew my Blondie real well but you surprised me with that gem.  Thanks!  Blondie was one of my crushes as well when I was a kid. 


Quote from: Barthheart on July 18, 2014, 07:06:22 AM
We have house guests this weekend, friends of my wife's and their annoying kid, so not much gaming to be had.....


I feel for you man!  Duck and cover as much as possible brother.   ;)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 07:54:43 AM
Some PBEM Commander: The Great War, some Strategic Command WWI (Middle East scenario - Kut), some Over Flanders Fields, and Wolfenstein - The New Order waiting in the wings.

Also have annual training for the NY Guard starting Sunday lasting the whole week. So Shelldrake if you don't get a turn back from me, that's why.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Shelldrake on July 18, 2014, 08:37:17 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 07:54:43 AM

Also have annual training for the NY Guard starting Sunday lasting the whole week. So Shelldrake if you don't get a turn back from me, that's why.

Perfectly understandable....physical exhaustion, sleep deprivation, excessive alcohol consumption I remember well from my time in the Canadian Armed Forces. Have fun!  ;D
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 08:39:57 AM
Hopefully some Civil War II and Divinity Original Sin.  Also hoping the next patch Commander: The Great War comes out soon before I start a new game.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MengJiao on July 18, 2014, 08:41:46 AM
Quote from: Shelldrake on July 18, 2014, 05:31:06 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 03:03:04 AM
I absolutely fell in love with this woman back in my youth... (I can't for the life of me work out how to embed a Youtube video!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvqgb1D6Opw

But, given she's not in my life, I'll be gamingm this weekend...so what's on offer?


Yeah Blondie!

For me it will be a couple of PBEM Commander The Great War games, including one with Gus (my situation will become much more difficult once les Amies arrive in force). Wargame Red Dragon is also on my gaming menu and maybe some RPG but not sure which one.

Blondie was great.  I remember one song especially: accidents never happen in a perfect world....precognition in my ears....

Speaking of which -- my third wife and our two kids -- they are all going away for 2 weeks!

Lots of gaming will ensue: WITPAE PBEM, some boardgames and an indeterminate amount of Heroes and Generals.  I keep expecting to
get fed up with such an arcadey FPS, but there are just enough fun elements so far to keep me going.  Maybe another week or two even.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: tgb on July 18, 2014, 08:42:26 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 08:39:57 AM
  Also hoping the next patch Commander: The Great War comes out soon before I start a new game.

A little birdie told me that will be coming to Steam soon, so you might want to wait.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Kushan on July 18, 2014, 08:52:20 AM
Command: I got my first Red Storm scenario to the point where its ready for testing. I still have to do event scripting but the scenario is playable. I have a couple of things I want to try to do to add some re-playability to it, but I'm not sure if its going to work our not.  Want to finish up the rest of the major items on the to do list then move on to my next scenario. I'm debating between and expansion of my current Ghostrider strike scenario, or a sub based scenario with the player charged with intercepting a Soviet amphibious group.

Distant Worlds: Continue my Kiadian campaign and AAR.

Xenonuats: Going to start another new game. Lasting a little longer every time I start. Going to try and get a second base up and running from the get go rather then waiting for a month or two. Probably going to try out some mods this time as well.

Skyrim: Loving my Breton Battlemage. Haven't started any off the major questlirne except the main one. Wondering in the general direction of the college of winterhold, but am getting distracted by random cave/ruins.

Divinity OS: Going to give it one last shot. Having a hard time getting back into it. Shame, from the stories I've been reading I should be loving it but I'm not. Right now I think its just going to be one of those regretted purchases and become shelf ware in my Steam library.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: steve58 on July 18, 2014, 09:23:03 AM
Looks like I'll be trying out the new updates for Endless Legends and Making History The Great War.

...and also the new Kerbal update!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: mikeck on July 18, 2014, 09:42:20 AM
Continuing with my Game of Thrones mood:

CK2: GoT mod
Endless legends
Divinity: original sin

Then I will by the centennial addition of WW1 and never play it
Then I will by Star Ruler 2 and not play it for months.

Yeah...that sounds right
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Sir Slash on July 18, 2014, 09:45:28 AM
I was in Lust with Blondie when I was much younger and easily swayed by a tight pair of pants and what was in them. I saw her on the New Years program in January and man has she changed--- and not in a good way. What the hell do we have all this Plastic Surgery for if it's not to keep my boyhood fantasies alive? Anyway, still enjoying Mysteries of Westgate for NWN2 and trying to get up another damned mountain in CMFI along with an extended planning session floating in the pool with General Jim Beam.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 10:50:08 AM
Quote from: tgb on July 18, 2014, 08:42:26 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 08:39:57 AM
  Also hoping the next patch Commander: The Great War comes out soon before I start a new game.

A little birdie told me that will be coming to Steam soon, so you might want to wait.

I wonder if I'll be able to get a STEAM key for the game I already have.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 10:54:02 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 10:50:08 AM
Quote from: tgb on July 18, 2014, 08:42:26 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on July 18, 2014, 08:39:57 AM
  Also hoping the next patch Commander: The Great War comes out soon before I start a new game.

A little birdie told me that will be coming to Steam soon, so you might want to wait.

I wonder if I'll be able to get a STEAM key for the game I already have.

Why not?  We've received Steam keys for the other Matrix titles we already purchased.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
MengJiao is on his third wife?? You saucy rake!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on July 18, 2014, 11:15:13 AM
grinding out some things in WoT and invading Mexico in Making History.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Asid on July 18, 2014, 11:22:33 AM
Steel Beasts pro
DCS Huey



Mostly Steel Beasts Pro...if any grogs want to meet up online just for a chat or any help... let me know :)

Regards
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MengJiao on July 18, 2014, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
MengJiao is on his third wife?? You saucy rake!

    The earlier two are doing fine.  I'd gotten them all settled down and remarried (one of them twice ie number one, ie the get-married-three times bombshell) and I was going to retire and stop getting married, but
then I met wife-to-be-number-three and here I am.  Not retired.  have a farm and a third wife and 2 kids.

    BUT it's vacation time!  For them!  And I get two weeks all by myself!  Working!  It's like being retired except I'm working and I have a farm, a third wife and two kids!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on July 18, 2014, 11:49:57 AM
so your a non-Canadistanian Windy?
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
I might go online if I can work out how to Asid....how do we communicate?
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 18, 2014, 12:31:40 PM
Saturday will be a no-go for me due to family stuff, but other than that...

DOTA 2!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Ian C on July 18, 2014, 01:23:04 PM
Dishonoured game of the year edition with all DLC- bought it this afternoon. On sale over on STEAM. Enjoying it so far.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Asid on July 18, 2014, 01:36:08 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 18, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
I might go online if I can work out how to Asid....how do we communicate?

Hey Judge

You have Teamspeak? the IP for the Steel Beasts room is :216.22.24.158

Regards
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: vyshka on July 18, 2014, 02:11:11 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 18, 2014, 11:47:37 AM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
MengJiao is on his third wife?? You saucy rake!

    The earlier two are doing fine.  I'd gotten them all settled down and remarried (one of them twice ie number one, ie the get-married-three times bombshell) and I was going to retire and stop getting married, but
then I met wife-to-be-number-three and here I am.  Not retired.  have a farm and a third wife and 2 kids.

    BUT it's vacation time!  For them!  And I get two weeks all by myself!  Working!  It's like being retired except I'm working and I have a farm, a third wife and two kids!

And here I thought Gusington was talking about you playing Crusader Kings 2. ;)

Not sure what I will be playing this weekend. Possibly some Diablo 3 and OOTP. Most lilkely will be spending what time I have on finished the final task of the Eudyptula Challenge (linux kernel thing) so I can get in on whatever prize they are shipping next week. Still settling in to the new job at Red Hat, so I will also probably be spending time reading through some process documentation.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 02:21:54 PM
A mod should be made on MengJiao's marital life in CKII.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MengJiao on July 18, 2014, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 02:21:54 PM
A mod should be made on MengJiao's marital life in CKII.

  When they do Tang Dynasty.  I will be there.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: vyshka on July 18, 2014, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 18, 2014, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 02:21:54 PM
A mod should be made on MengJiao's marital life in CKII.

  When they do Tang Dynasty.  I will be there.

Would that be the Poon Tang Dynasty?
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Gusington on July 18, 2014, 02:30:50 PM
HAR
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Martok on July 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Been on an Armada 2526 Supernova kick the last couple days.  Man, I love the Volmar.  Also been playing around a little more with Civilization V Complete and Crusader Kings 2. 
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Blakjack on July 18, 2014, 02:40:00 PM
Trying to decide what to delve into.  Hearthstone can be fun, but getting one's arse handed to them over and over by 14-yr old's who've bought tons and tons of cards gets... exhausting. 

Maybe I'll finally give Drums of War a whirl.  And/or Lock & Load: Heroes of Stalingrad.  I've had them both since shortly after release & haven't given either a run-through yet.  Hmmm.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Sir Slash on July 18, 2014, 09:51:34 PM
A happy wife and 2 happy ex's for Meng. Who says Gamers/Grogs aren't virile?  ^-^
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 18, 2014, 12:31:40 PM
Saturday will be a no-go for me due to family stuff, but other than that...

DOTA 2!


Didn't they start broadcasting that tournament on ESPN(3?) today?
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Rizik6 on July 18, 2014, 11:09:59 PM
Civ5 Game of the Month TSG90 and Divinity: Original Sin.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Pinetree on July 18, 2014, 11:27:48 PM
Going to have a crack at KSP: First Contract and ArmA III. (Yes, I broke down and bought it full price :D )
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Toonces on July 19, 2014, 12:51:12 AM
Probably do some CMANO, BMS Falcon, and if I feel like dungeon crawling, Morrowind.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Huw the Poo on July 19, 2014, 04:24:25 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 10:04:33 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 18, 2014, 12:31:40 PM
Saturday will be a no-go for me due to family stuff, but other than that...

DOTA 2!


Didn't they start broadcasting that tournament on ESPN(3?) today?

Yeah apparently so.  I haven't looked into it myself since I'm not in the US but there's a bit of excitement about it; wider acceptance and all that.

Valve's newcomer stream really is good by the way.  Anyone who plays games should have no trouble following it.  It's suited to me too, since I'm very much a casual player (compared to the rest of the playerbase).
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 19, 2014, 05:24:53 AM
Few things on tap for me this weekend, at least I hope....

- Elite Dangerous
- Steel Beasts (maybe I can finally get good at it)
- ActionPC Golf (with the British Open underway, have the itch to play golf)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MetalDog on July 19, 2014, 09:57:43 AM
Sad news for Civ IV MP.  Gamespy servers have finally been shut down.  In order to get your MP fix for IV, you'll have to migrate to Steam.  If you do not already own a copy on that site, you can go through 2K and jump through a couple of hoops and get a Steam key.  I am in the process of doing that now.  Will let you know how it turns out.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: W8taminute on July 19, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
Gamespy shut down?  That stinks.  Thanks for the heads up MD.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: KyzBP on July 19, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Tuna on July 19, 2014, 08:41:18 PM
Played some Napoleon Total War
Three FSX flights.. PMDG 737 NGX, RealAir Turbine Duke and Aerosoft Twin Otter.. all enjoyable..
A lil FELH
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 19, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 19, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0

I think I've given away my extra CK2 keys already but I'll send them to you and you can see if they are already registered.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: KyzBP on July 20, 2014, 04:02:05 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 19, 2014, 08:45:05 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 19, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
I'm continuing an FM14 save and might start looking at OOTP15.  What I REALLY want to do is try/play CKII.  Unfortunately my gaming budget has been drastically reduced.

I made a post in The Marketplace if anyone would like to trade away CKII. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=10692.0

I think I've given away my extra CK2 keys already but I'll send them to you and you can see if they are already registered.

They were already activated but thanks very much for the generous offer.  I may just have to break down and get it.  Thanks again!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:18:48 AM
I pmed you a link to Greenman gaming which has the game on sale for $9.99.

I tried to see if you had any interesting games to trade in the event I bought a new key at GMG but your steam profile is 'private'.



Here is the GMG link for everyone interested:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-complete/?gclid=CjwKEAjw0a2eBRDVrabv9vWJ90USJACsKRDHPdapu8XH8Wh4vpclslCJGWXx6lCZajyyu15W7Vqm-xoCy-bw_wcB
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2014, 07:22:30 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:18:48 AM
I pmed you a link to Greenman gaming which has the game on sale for $9.99.

I tried to see if you had any interesting games to trade in the event I bought a new key at GMG but your steam profile is 'private'.



Here is the GMG link for everyone interested:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-complete/?gclid=CjwKEAjw0a2eBRDVrabv9vWJ90USJACsKRDHPdapu8XH8Wh4vpclslCJGWXx6lCZajyyu15W7Vqm-xoCy-bw_wcB

I believe that is the original version, not CK2:)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:24:59 AM
Oh frakk me, you're right. I googled CK2 but didn't pay attention.  :-[

I'll have another look.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 07:43:36 AM
KyzBP,

Looks like there are no good sales running right now ($33-$39 everywhere) but that game pops up at a low price quite a lot if you can wait.

Here's a place to track the price of the game and DLC (and just about any other game):
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:Crusader%20Kings%20II;/scroll:%23gamelist

Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: bbmike on July 20, 2014, 08:09:48 AM
Quote from: Martok on July 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Been on an Armada 2526 Supernova kick the last couple days.  Man, I love the Volmar.  Also been playing around a little more with Civilization V Complete and Crusader Kings 2.

I was thinking about Armada 2526 Supernova the other day as I played Endless Space. I still think it's my recent favorite space 4x. I need to play it again. Are they still updating/developing it?
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Martok on July 20, 2014, 12:58:15 PM
Quote from: bbmike on July 20, 2014, 08:09:48 AM
Quote from: Martok on July 18, 2014, 02:31:53 PM
Been on an Armada 2526 Supernova kick the last couple days.  Man, I love the Volmar.  Also been playing around a little more with Civilization V Complete and Crusader Kings 2.

I was thinking about Armada 2526 Supernova the other day as I played Endless Space. I still think it's my recent favorite space 4x. I need to play it again. Are they still updating/developing it?
Unfortunately not.  Bob's been busy working on his latest project, an (as-yet unannounced) historical strategy game. 

That being said, he recently admitted that if he'd had any idea how well Armada was going to sell once it went on Steam, he would've begun work on Armada 2527 immediately (rather than planning to develop it several years down the road)...  :P 

Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Toonces on July 20, 2014, 04:04:40 PM
I can't believe there's anybody that wants CK2 that doesn't already own it, but...

It is practically given away during sales on a routine basis.  Just wait a bit.  Whatever you do, don't pay full price!   :knuppel2:
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: fabius on July 20, 2014, 04:22:56 PM
Played the hell out of EUIV

And a win on Ultimate General

Had problems downloaded  Divide et Imperia for Rome 2- deleted mode, and re-subscribed but not downloading for some reason.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: KyzBP on July 20, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for their efforts in helping me obtain CKII.  Courtesy of Staggerwing's price tracker I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.  Courtesy of Huw the Poo I'll be playing it tonight.  Thanks.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: MetalDog on July 20, 2014, 05:05:08 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on July 19, 2014, 12:01:36 PM
Gamespy shut down?  That stinks.  Thanks for the heads up MD.


Ok.  Very simple really.

Step 1)  Go to http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201967707-2K-Online-Server-Migration-from-GameSpy-Technology

Step 2)  Read the update for 6/5/2014

Step 3)  Submit the support request.

IMPORTANT:  You must attach a pic of yourself holding your game box and CD along with a piece of paper with your e-mail address on it.

I did all those things yesterday morning.  By this morning, I had my Steam Key. 

Also be aware, in case you don't read the update for 6/16/2014, Direct IP is no longer an option to connect MP since the move to Steam.  You can turn on Direct IP through Right clicking any of the Civ IV games, selecting Properties, Betas and selecting original_release_unsupported from the drop down.  If the update doesn't start automatically, start the game to force the update to run.

Happy gaming Civ fans :)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Staggerwing on July 20, 2014, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on July 20, 2014, 04:24:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for their efforts in helping me obtain CKII.  Courtesy of Staggerwing's price tracker I'll pick it up the next time it's on sale.  Courtesy of Huw the Poo I'll be playing it tonight.  Thanks.

Awesome!
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: mikeck on July 20, 2014, 05:37:56 PM
Well I tried my best to play CK 2 with the Game of Thrones mod. The mod is unbelievable...when it works. Unfortunately for me, no matter who I play, after 8 years or so, it will just crash. If I reload, it may go a few days more and crash again. Oh well
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: JasonPratt on July 20, 2014, 09:08:14 PM
(https://www.grogheads.com/forums/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FyiXfd4c.jpg&hash=6f0a205e9b27a6b75df0046f716016dfd1eb7952)
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: GDS_Starfury on July 20, 2014, 11:58:14 PM
get off my webcam.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Toonces on July 21, 2014, 12:43:17 AM
I didn't game hardly at all this weekend- too busy, but I did get in some Scourge of War tonight.  What a fantastic game.  Yet another "got it during a sale but have yet to really dig into it properly" game. 

I actually got SoW:Gettysburg a while back but during the Matrix Xmas sale I picked up all the add-ons but have yet to play any of them.  I really love the game...sure it has flaws but it's so much more interesting than a pure hex and counter game.  I really need to spend more time with it.
Title: Re: What's today called? oh yeah...FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Post by: Bison on July 21, 2014, 08:56:54 AM
I played a little OOTP 15 and my Shadowknight and Brigand on EQ2.