Warlock Multiplayer thread

Started by MetalDog, November 25, 2012, 12:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

Those are some beautiful screenies MetalDog!  It increases my temptation to buy Warlock all over again. 


I just wished it didn't seem to be so heavily focused on war.  (Yes, I realize that cool-looking battles between magical units is one of the major points of the game, but still.) 





Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
RUN FORREST!
LOL.  Seconded! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

The colors are rich and the units are detailed.  The visuals are VERY nice, but, it is war focussed.  Whether it's against another mage, against the neutrals or against the beasties that inhabit the fringes of the map, you do a LOT of fighting.  But the use of hexes and one unit to each gives a strategy to the game that I find lacking in other games of this type.  Plus, the ability to level up and buff your units makes each one of them precious, especially in the early game.

And I would love to run, but I have cleared the rest of the underworld and the Diamonds are the only thing that stand in my way.  Except for two red dragons that showed up out of nowhere ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on January 22, 2013, 06:42:20 AM
Those are some beautiful screenies MetalDog!  It increases my temptation to buy Warlock all over again. 


I just wished it didn't seem to be so heavily focused on war.  (Yes, I realize that cool-looking battles between magical units is one of the major points of the game, but still.) 


Wait, you still don't have this game.  For shame Martok, for shame.   :P   With it being all war focused just think of this game as a way to blow off a little steam.  Plus it is alot of fun MP.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2013, 12:20:56 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 21, 2013, 11:50:21 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 21, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Quite the kingdom you have there MetalDog.

Thank you, sir.  I have taken great pains to establish it.  I lucked out and got a continent to myself.  My island has two underworld portals.  I am guarding the entrance to one and clearing the other (the desert looking one).  I have run into Diamond Elementals in the underworld.  They are immune to half the attack forms and 75 to 100 against the others.  And there's two of them.

RUN FORREST!

Ha!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

I won my first attempt at Challenging.  Five Mages and Five other Planes.  I defeated all of the other Great Mages.  Yes it was solo, but it appears that with the exception of bob, I have to play with myself.


Miralbus was the last one to go.











And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?

My schedule is kinda crazy. What time do you guys try to get together?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 10:14:24 AM
Thanks, gents.  Now, anyone for a game?

Dude I would love to but same as LB my schedule is crazy and I don't want to commit and not be able to finish a game.  That being said I will be on the lookout for a chance to start one with you.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

MD and I seem to have fixed on around 3.00pm (UK time) on Sunday's. I know that he about 6 hours behind, so its an early start for him. What would be interesting is to try and do a 3 or 4 player game, but maybe that would be easier to arrange for folks in the same time-zone.

Anyway - Beware MD, for he is the Scourge of the Underworld  ;D
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

To those who would like to play: my time is my own outside of work usually, so, anytime you see me on here or in game on Steam, hit me up.  I will also admit to long turn times on my part.  I usually have lots of units on the board and I'm running XP and that seems to slow down my navigating speed.   
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

LongBlade

Quote from: MetalDog on February 09, 2013, 01:50:34 PM
To those who would like to play: my time is my own outside of work usually, so, anytime you see me on here or in game on Steam, hit me up.  I will also admit to long turn times on my part.  I usually have lots of units on the board and I'm running XP and that seems to slow down my navigating speed.

It was all good until you said you were on XP, but now it's a no-go.

I can't be seen gaming with anyone still on XP. Sorry.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MetalDog

As soon as I upgrade to something more acceptable to you, I'll let you know ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Greybriar

Quote from: MetalDog on February 08, 2013, 11:55:54 PM
I won my first attempt at Challenging.  Five Mages and Five other Planes.  I defeated all of the other Great Mages.  Yes it was solo, but it appears that with the exception of bob, I have to play with myself....

Congrats on your win! I haven't stuck with a game long enough to win one yet.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.