Main Menu

Halloween Season Gaming

Started by Bison, October 09, 2013, 12:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

How about the Draugr from Skyrim? I know, not scary at all. The Vampires? No. Not really that scary either. But the damned Giant Spiders that fall out of the ceiling on your head? That's about as scary as it gets for me. Except for maybe a family reunion without alcohol.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2013, 11:49:25 AM
How about the Draugr from Skyrim? I know, not scary at all. The Vampires? No. Not really that scary either. But the damned Giant Spiders that fall out of the ceiling on your head? That's about as scary as it gets for me. Except for maybe a family reunion without alcohol.

I always played a sneaky archer so spiders weren't such a problem for me. Go slow, look around. Zip!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

I have been looking for a really scary locale or mod for Skyrim...are there any? Some of the standard locations are eerie enough, but like Slash and LB say above I could use a creepier dose.

So when are we getting together for L4D2?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on October 10, 2013, 12:45:01 PM
So when are we getting together for L4D2?

Any time is a good time for zombie slayin'

Today? Tonight? Tomorrow?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Quote from: Bison on October 09, 2013, 07:46:21 PM
Well think we can get the group back together of course we need tent for fratricide purposes when dying from zombies isn't good enough.

I'd be up for it if we can get the time zone thingie right. It was actually because of Bison using a...cooking implement....as a close assault weapon that started the whole frying pan fiasco.............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on October 10, 2013, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Bison on October 09, 2013, 07:46:21 PM
Well think we can get the group back together of course we need tent for fratricide purposes when dying from zombies isn't good enough.

I'd be up for it if we can get the time zone thingie right. It was actually because of Bison using a...cooking implement....as a close assault weapon that started the whole frying pan fiasco.............

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

I can most likely work out a time late Saturday to play.

Bison

And Bob don't blame your physical abuse with a frying pan on me!  I used it to kill zombies.  You get it to the noggin for misbehavior!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Late Saturday should work for me...got the Army game and USMA homecoming during the day but the night time...is the right time.

Also jumping on now to play some Witcher. If anyone gets in the mood ping me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The Witcher 2 is $%^$& tough...I'm playing on frickin' easy and still getting my arse handed to me in rudimentary combats. F this. Off to Skyrim or Dishonored...hmmm...tough choice.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

#42
Quote from: Gusington on October 10, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
The Witcher 2 is $%^$& tough...I'm playing on frickin' easy and still getting my arse handed to me in rudimentary combats. F this. Off to Skyrim or Dishonored...hmmm...tough choice.

I just now started downloading the umpteen installer packages from GOG for Witcher 2.  Despite owning it for months, I have yet to even play it.  October is a good place to start.

Likewise, I've also not played Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition nor Killing Floor, despite owning them for a long time, and I'll at least give Dark Souls a try sometime soon.  No idea if Killing Floor is any good.. sounds like an L4D type of action-shooter.

I just purchased the Early Access for Betrayer which has an excellent concept.  Not sure how well it will run on my computers since the listed video card requirements are kinda high.  I'll get to it when I build a new desktop in the next month or two. 

I don't have much in the way of what may be considered classic 'horror' games, other than the couple old Clive Barker titles, but these others are close.

Gusington

What is Betrayer?

Dishonored may be a good choice for this season because the player takes the role of the haunting protagonist, scaring the NPCs :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

Quote from: LongBlade on October 10, 2013, 11:54:37 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 10, 2013, 11:49:25 AM
How about the Draugr from Skyrim? I know, not scary at all. The Vampires? No. Not really that scary either. But the damned Giant Spiders that fall out of the ceiling on your head? That's about as scary as it gets for me. Except for maybe a family reunion without alcohol.

I always played a sneaky archer so spiders weren't such a problem for me. Go slow, look around. Zip!

Isn't sneaky archer the only way you CAN play?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell