Consolidated Heroes of Stalingrad thread

Started by Barthheart, January 21, 2014, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Barthheart

Cool. I think this was a good idea and look forward to the next game that gets the same treatment.

smittyohio

I'm curious how many people finished either of the campaigns.  I've enjoyed the game, but some of the scenarios just irritate me...  Mostly the defensive ones where the russians just keep hammering at you.

chemkid

maitre bongo is giving ALL HIS LOVE to L'n'L HoS - modded scenarios of all the original modules

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4222442

QuoteSince the appearance of this game, my wish was to be able to play all the original modules of Lock'n load that I own with this game engine because of the difficulty of finding human opponents and the time to deploy all the material on my table.

So I created mods that allow me to do this and it works rather well (making some adaptations on the specificities of each module, of course).

It has been several years since this game is no longer really supported by its developers and I think they will never publish a sequel to this episode.

So I decided to post here the mods I made so that the whole community who still plays this game can enjoy it.


The modules I have realized are:

- Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

- In defeat Defiance

- Band of Heroes

- Swift and Bolt

- Noville Bastogne Outpost

- Heroes of the Pacific

- Forgotten Heroes Vietnam

- Heroes of the Gap

- Honneur et Patrie

- A Ring of Hill


It is distressing to note that with a little extra effort, the developers could have arrived at this result (and even much more)... Too bad.

I'm reorganizing the files that make up these modules and make them to fit for a clean installation.
In the coming weeks, I will post them at the top of this topic.

I hope there are still people playing this game.

:notworthy:

smittyohio

Sweet!   I have Heroes of the Motherland, Heroes of Normandy, and the solitaire module on pre-order..   ;-)   This will make a nice companion piece.

RyanE


Rayfer

Curious....is this thread about the board game or its computer version? Or both?

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

-budd-

Quote from: Rayfer on January 28, 2017, 11:44:39 AM
Curious....is this thread about the board game or its computer version? Or both?
Computer version.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

RyanE

I did some thread necromancing over at Matrix.  I had remembered that there was a thread on the Heros of the Gap mod.  It doesn't support thermals, modern fire control, units with two main weapons (like an M2 or BMP), etc.  So there are some serious limitations around modern combat.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Boggit

Does anyone know if there was a patch for the German campaign. I was asked by Sauron the other day, and the only person I could think of who might know was Barthheart. Can any of you drop him an email or PM him to let him know if he can patch the game now? Thanks. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Barthheart

Don't think there were any more patches.... but I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Richie61

Ed
aka Richie61

"If You Don't Stand for Something, You'll Fall for Anything"

jomni

Interesting mods. I never got past the first mission of the stock campaign.

gameleaper

Quote from: panzerde on April 27, 2014, 04:35:02 PM
Hopefully I'm not necro-ing this thread too badly...

Are folks still playing this? I have to admit that I'm having a hard time with it, mostly because I can't seem to find a zoom level that works for me. There just seems to be a lot on the screen with a lot of map obscured. Any tips on settings that might help?

I had this exact thing on my 1024x768 desktop, you have to set desktop res higher and then the clutter shrinks ok, someone should tell people about this.