What if I say I'm not like FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

So what is the key to Bawb's mustache?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2015, 04:27:45 PM
So what is the key to Bawb's mustache?

So far, he's been very cagey about the whole Luftwaffe thing. I think the mustache may be keeping the FW 190 in the back garden, however.  I haven't been able to twist the truth out of him yet despite multiple pub trips.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Multiple pub trips! That Bawb's 'Stache is quite the cagey git eh?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2015, 04:27:45 PM
So what is the key to Bawb's mustache?


He keeps it fit with weekly Mustache Rides.

Jarhead0331

No gaming for me this weekend. Moving into the new house tomorrow. What a pain in the ass! If I don't move again for 40 years, it will be too soon.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 03, 2015, 05:13:23 PM
What a pain in the ass! If I don't move again for 40 years, it will be too soon.


Wholly agree there. 

Hope it goes smoothly.

Gusington

Moving is terrible. Renovating and gutting your house is worse because it lasts months. So, chin up JH! At least your move will be over within a week.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

smittyohio

Playing some StarCraft Mass Recall (mod of SC1 campaigns in SC2 engine), and maybe some more retro gaming with MOO2.

Cyrano

I'll spend much of the weekend wagering on the battle with Bawb's 'stache...God save both sides...

Already heavy into gaming Easter weekend, actually:

1.  First scenario of "Boots on the Ground".  One of those games that is better than its developers in some ways deserve.  Frustrating.

2.  Couple games of "Tiny Epic Defenders".  If you haven't grabbed this one, do.

3.  Re-fired Talisman digital with the boy who has, at last, warmed to it.

4.  Barth has promised me more Norman-style punishment.

5.  Determined to grind through the rules to "Here I Stand".

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Well, I spent a few hours the other night working up a narrative AAR for Deadnauts, only to discover that due to it being a roguelike the game doesn't save before the first mission. So when I stopped for the night, and came back later, I discovered I had to roll up entirely new characters.

This bit.

This afternoon, while loading some things onto the new Surface Pro 3, I had the time to try again, this time making sure I started the damn mission before quitting for supper. Opps. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO QUIT AT ALL! (Short of a completed mission anyway.)

Normally this wouldn't necessarily be a problem, since by all accounts the missions for each campaign (4 randomized missions each) are fairly short. For purposes of doing a narrative AAR... this bitterly bit.

Thus I have mostly learned today not to try doing a narrative AAR for Deadnauts. I shall try to overcome the irrational hatred I now have for the game (which isn't at all fair, I know), to play it sometime later.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Skwerl

Jarhead,

Good luck on the move.

Played so far:
Galactic Assault: Prisoner of Power
Fantasy Wars
Cuban Missile Crisis

The first two are on sale on GOG.  I picked Cuban Missile Crisis up on sale at Steam.  Very cool alternate history RTS (the cold war went hot during the Cuban Missile Crisis) based on the Blitzkrieg 2 engine. 

Huw the Poo

Jason, have you voiced your displeasure to the devs?  They do read the Steam forum as well as their own.

Toonces

I finally was able to start grooving on the book The Long Ships (about Vikings) and that has put me into a Crusader Kings 2 mood.  I might try playing it sober tonight, just for a change of pace.   ::)

Also looking at Scourge of War if CK2 doesn't grab me.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

If Bawb's moustache has kept Mrs. Bawb happy for 40 years, then it must be the best ride in country. And Dredd anti-inflammatory meds like Ibuprofen/ Motrin are better for the Flu than Tylenol or Aspirin unless you have a serious fever, then Tylenol will do better. It's a pain in the ass when I'm sick and have time to play then but don't feel worth a damn to play. And that's when the phone rings everytime I lay down.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.