What if I say I'm not like FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, April 03, 2015, 05:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Slash. I've been interspersing Ibuprofen with Paracetamol.

I actually feel a lot better this morning. Sore throat is still there and the aching muscles and a few sneezes but the streaming nose and eyes and headache seem to have done one (gone). I hope I haven't spoke too soon there.

Good luck on completing the move JH. We've discussed moving in the past and then we've shook our heads and thought "What were we thinking?". For a start there's all the people waiting in the wings to chip away at the money you're spending...then there's the dreaded packing and the dreaded move and the dreaded unpacking. Nah...you have to either NEED to move, or you dislike your surroundings. Moving for the sake of it is never an option.

Bob - congratulations on 40 years with Mrs Bob. Enjoy yourselves. I've got 22 years under my belt  :smitten:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Huw the Poo

Well I can't hang around here gabbing all day, for I, too, am about to venture forth to witness the fabled 'tache!  If anyone wants me to conduct any black ops missions while I'm there, PM them to me.

Toonces

Pretty good times with CK2 tonight.

For as long as I've owned the game, I have always started on either high middle ages or late middle ages.  Tonight was the first time I picked Viking Age.  I started with Jylland, which is modern-day Denmark and man alive, who knew playing a Viking could be so much fun? 

All this time I've been spending trying to unite Scotland in the late middle ages when all I needed to do is start as a Viking in the 800's and go take that bad boy.  Nice!  And it seems that the appearance of the game changes a bit with the earlier start- the menu screens look a bit different unless I'm crazy.

Overall it's been a pretty hectic but fun experience.  There is no way I'm going to be able to hold this whole kingdom together, but for now I've got a pretty nice spread of land.  Money's a bit tight, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Apocalypse 31

Awesome video, OP

I'll be getting my nose bloodied with Battle Academy 2: Kursk.

It's like the developers know exactly how to mess with the player. Regardless, the scenarios are good. I'm just sad knowing that there will eventually be an end.

Gusington

I'm tempted to delay my next Attila campaign to fire up the BA: Kursk German campaign...tempted...

Huw get pictures of Bawbstache!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I want clippings for my genetic engineering laboratory.

If DARPA coukd reverse engineer the Bawn 'stache.....
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Huw the Poo

Photographic evidence has been obtained! Will upload tomorrow. :D

Nefaro

#52
Quote from: Toonces on April 04, 2015, 03:58:38 AM
Pretty good times with CK2 tonight.

For as long as I've owned the game, I have always started on either high middle ages or late middle ages.  Tonight was the first time I picked Viking Age.  I started with Jylland, which is modern-day Denmark and man alive, who knew playing a Viking could be so much fun? 

All this time I've been spending trying to unite Scotland in the late middle ages when all I needed to do is start as a Viking in the 800's and go take that bad boy.  Nice!  And it seems that the appearance of the game changes a bit with the earlier start- the menu screens look a bit different unless I'm crazy.

Overall it's been a pretty hectic but fun experience.  There is no way I'm going to be able to hold this whole kingdom together, but for now I've got a pretty nice spread of land.  Money's a bit tight, though.


The UI art is specific to your religion, or possibly culture in a few cases.  IIRC, there are different ones for Pagan (which includes viking), Christian, Islamic, Dharmic Indian, etc.

UI art may be a simple thing to many, but I've grown quite fond of the games that have customized ones for each various faction.  Gives them more flavor.  O0

Gusington

Impressive that Bawbstache stood still long enough for a photo to be taken.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

Panzerde and I smothered/subdued him!

Gusington

Impressive! Hopefully Bawbstache was able to regain its composure and put its monocle back on for the picture.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

So far, didn't play much (busy with visits, preparation and cleaning). Did however install Star Ruler (the first one) on my new desktop and played the tutorial. It's been on my laptop for years but i haven't played it yet.

Kushan

Started a game as Castile in EUIV with the Eldorado DLC this morning. Started playing around 8 this morning and the next thing I know its after 1 in the afternoon. So far I like the changes to exploration. No more babysitting your exploration ships or worrying about your ships getting to much attrition and sinking on their way home. Everything was going well until England got me into a war with France. War started out ok, until 32k French defeated a our 60k (Portugal, England, Aragon, and me). At that point I quit without saving.

After that debacle, I started browsing the Steam workshop for Cities: Skyline mods and got pulled down that rabbit hole. Tonight I'm going to split my time between Cities and some Distant Worlds.

Not sure how much gaming I'll get in tomorrow but its going to be some combination of all three, with maybe some Command scenario work and beta testing thrown in.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on April 04, 2015, 04:08:12 PM
Impressive! Hopefully Bawbstache was able to regain its composure and put its monocle back on for the picture.

There was no chance of rattling the Bawbstache for long! Shortly after Huw and I wrestled it into the picture it was back on the dance floor, prancing about to the Proclaimers' 500 Miles. Honestly, it was a majestic sight!



"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres