Happy Syttende Mai FRIDAY!!

Started by Martok, May 14, 2015, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

^   ::)

Also everyone knows that the best Huey Lewis song is I Want a New Drug.

As for gaming, I have packed up my gaming rig so I am going full-on retro on my aging laptop.  We have:

ARMA: Cold War Assault
ARMA: Gold
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
Take Command Second Manassas with the CMP mod


That's a lot of good, old gaming there!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Bison

Don't dismiss funny cat videos.  Watch them long enough and they always lead to bouncing boobs and obscure let's play videos.   

Gusington

I Want a New Drug is indeed Huey Lewis' best song. I sing along every time.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Youtube has so much more to offer than 80s music...


I'm pretty sure there is a management sim being developed somewhere...

MetalDog

That ended WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too soon!  (And yes, I see the pun.  Doesn't count because thongs.)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Going to be spending a lot of time with family this weekend (long weekend up here). The likely frequent proximity of kids means that breaking in to GTA V might have to wait...

Sir Slash

But I can't understand what they're saying! Wait, what am I saying? That soccer I'd watch. O0 After DC Case Blue handed me my head and ass for about the 4th time, I wanted to play something a little less stressful. So I dug out my M2TW CD and have been playing with the Darth Mod as Spain. A nice, slow paced game for old people who've had enough of Red Boots kicking them in the ass and don't have guts enough to try Attila as ERE. Yet.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Kushan

I'll be continuing both my Distant Worlds and EUIV Austria games this weekend. Been playing both exclusively this week and that will continue this weekend.

There will probably be some Command scenario editing thrown in somewhere. Since I've been unable to get the AI ASW screen behaving like I want in my current scenario, I'm going to put it on hold and start work on another new scenario. Thinking of getting back to work on Operation Dreamland or the US/UK vs the EU air battle over northern Europe.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Martok on May 14, 2015, 03:11:32 PM
(Yeah, I know, I'm starting this a full day early.  However, I'm likely going to be mostly offline after this til Monday evening, so you can all suck it. :P )


I won't get much gaming done during the actual weekend here, as I'll be off on my annual trek to my mom's hometown of Spring Grove, Minnesota...where just about everyone is of Norwegian heritage, and thus Syttende Mai (literally, "May Seventeenth") is their big yearly celebration.  In addition to the usual -- watching the parade, checking out the various stands, shops, and (especially!) food -- I'll also get to see a good number friends & relatives in the area, including an aunt & uncle who are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary.  And as always, I'll pay a visit to the family matriarch, my Grandma Rosalie, who's still kicking at 104; I am simply amazed by this woman (and not because of her age).

Martok, if you ever get the chance you should check out the Syttende Mai celebration in my dad's home town just across the border from the Twin Cities in Wisconsin, Woodville. Just a small farming town but they have a huge Syttende Mai festival, lots of fun.

Gaming for me...same as usual: Command, working on my next Northern Fury AAR, and SPMBT, playing a custom campaign from one of the posters over at the Shrapnel Games forums.

Toonces

Bad news all around tonight.

First AMRA: Gold won't run on my computer...just too damn slow.

Then, it turns out that I still suck at TC2M.  Crap.  Well, I guess the game isn't going learn itself.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

CM:BS PBEM with UCG - Geek...I'm a bit concerned. I don't want to really give anything away, but I've only got 3 units fielded and I'm not sure wth I'm meant to be doing. Is there some trigger I haven't triggered which brings on my other forces?

Also - and mainly - I will likely solely be playing Project Cars. This game has blown me away with it's whole package. Superb racing game.

If I do get a bit bored of driving, I might fire up State of Decay and take my "family" further in their little virtual post apocalyptic world.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

fabius

I'm away most of the weekend but Sunday evening will see

Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris Poland will fall. Really loving the game mechanics that makes each engagement feel like a mini operation.

And Heroes and Generals To unwind. Best shooter I've played.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 15, 2015, 03:53:21 AM
CM:BS PBEM with UCG - Geek...I'm a bit concerned. I don't want to really give anything away, but I've only got 3 units fielded and I'm not sure wth I'm meant to be doing. Is there some trigger I haven't triggered which brings on my other forces?

Also - and mainly - I will likely solely be playing Project Cars. This game has blown me away with it's whole package. Superb racing game.

If I do get a bit bored of driving, I might fire up State of Decay and take my "family" further in their little virtual post apocalyptic world.

I have 3, well 2 and a half due to a recent mechanical mishap, reinforcements, if there are any are triggered by the designer, he can pick - 5 more tanks at 08:45 am exact, or 5 more tanks at 08:45 and have a 20 minute +/- margin of movement - theyll come when he decided, if theres any at all, after 10 minutes of playing, im glad to find out we're on the same map!!

I shall also be PBEMing with JD, running like a mad man on fire from Con and his T90 army, there shall be CMANO with the french, chinese and Nigerians - always a recipe for a party, and some Invisible inc

have a great weekend Martok, well, everyone but Martoks sounds cool


KyzBP

Quote from: Bison on May 14, 2015, 09:11:18 PM
Youtube has so much more to offer than 80s music...


I'm pretty sure there is a management sim being developed somewhere...

It looks like another sports management sim I'm going to have to buy.  I'll knock out an AAR on it soon.

Since no one here has taken me up on my WiTP:AE offer, I'll probably keep slugging away at a solo game.  I'm in 1/42 and things aren't looking too bad except I may lose Canton Island early.  >:(

BanzaiCat

I celebrate Huey Lewis' entire catalog. Even Small World. Though, that album didn't have quite the fire that their previous albums did (Sports, Fore, Hard At Play, etc.). Hip To Be Square is definitely one of my favorites, but there's a lot of them that must be played at full volume.