Its Friday, ain't got no job, ain't got no $hit to do. Might as well get high

Started by Jarhead0331, July 02, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Damn Gus. When your little pup gets as big as a VW Beetle, you'll just have to let him hump your leg whenever he feels like it. But on the good side, you won't have to call AAA to get your car pulled out of the snow this winter.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

So far I've ended up playing a good bit of AGEOD's Napoleon's Campaigns, which was the first AGEOD game I ever bought. I have to say that the AGEOD engine really works for this period and scale, much like it does for Rise of Prussia. It's admirably filling my need for an operational scale Napoleonic computer game until the next patch for Campaigns on the Danube is released.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Pup is home and he is attached to me by the hip. Family very happy. We got the 'multiple crates' DLC as well to house break him.

After driving about 450 miles today to get him, I'll be happy to get in an hour of AoW3 later on tonight.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

450 miles to get him? I would only drive that far if it were a pug.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

His name is Clyde. He's 16 pounds right now. Next July 4th he's expected to be around 150 :)

I like pugs but it would take about a dozen of them to equal one Clyde.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
His name is Clyde. He's 16 pounds right now. Next July 4th he's expected to be around 150 :)

I like pugs but it would take about a dozen of them to equal one Clyde.


Gus, you realize with your relative sizes...well, you can start your own Regiment of Canine Cavalry now?

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

When do we get a "Clyde-Total War" AAR with lots of pics? Even if they ain't pugs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

All part of the plan as far as the canne cavalry. I need a proper hat, though.

Feeling the pain of puppy ownership that I haven't felt in 10 years...didn't get much sleep. Clyde does seem to have a good instinct for going to the bathroom outside the house though, which is a huge plus.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 03, 2015, 09:12:17 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on July 02, 2015, 09:54:25 PM
Plowing through Vandals on the way to Carthage--- The Last Roman DLC.

  Produced the Western Roman Empire as the Visigoths (the Ostrogoths joined us).  So having re-engineered the Western Roman Empire as an Easy Visigoth, I decided to see if I could do the same thing as a Normal Frank.  Yikes!! and I was nearly wiped out by the Burgandians, Basques and Bretons (triple B hit) before I could even get my food supplies going.  Fortunately the Ostrogoths don't like the Burgundians either and my King Theodric (I think) was saved at the last minute by them.  Yikes again.  And this time I know the volcano is going to blow, so I'm not going anywhere much until that is over.

  And there will be some vassal PBEM.  And maybe some FPS-ing of some sort.  And maybe some flight simming of some sort.

  So there was more boardgaming in various forms than expected.  For example, in No Question of Surrender, KG Voltz of the 90th Light was shot to bits by the French in the Region dite en V.  Sneaky, but blown to bits.  Similarly, Ionian skirmishers obliterated some Persian Chariots.

  The Franks in the last Roman, also survived.  Insurgency versus bots has proven quite intense enough of an FPS experience for me.  So I played it a lot.  Especially the Buhriz_night map in firefight mode.

Sir Slash

I managed to clear Africa of the Vandal scum in the Last Roman DLC for Attila TW and now working on the Goths in Italy. I really like the story driven theme and the unpredictable nature of the events that occur. But if they are a constant occurance, then that would limit replay interest and I hope the events don't get too frequent or too crazy to fulfill. I definitely do not like the map going dark because of "Climate Change". That seems a cheap trick to make the game seem dramatic. More drastic weather effects would've been more appropriate. The AI seems smarter and more of a challenge. And at the big fight for Carthage, The Emperor Justinian himself showed-up with a whole fleet of ships to help out. I really wanted to smack him right there because I really don't like that guy from history. Like he would ever get out of his bathrobe to do any fighting. :knuppel2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

But that's the whole reason for being a Roman Emperor in the first place!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

panzerde

Prototype Gus/Clyde dog cavalry for the TW: Medieval "Pooches Gone Wild" DLC.


"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on July 06, 2015, 05:29:24 PM
Prototype Gus/Clyde dog cavalry for the TW: Medieval "Pooches Gone Wild" DLC.




Cool! The scale is right and everything.

Gusington

It needs a Star of David coat of arms. But I like where it's going.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd