I see a Friday on a one way corridor

Started by Jarhead0331, November 20, 2015, 06:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Huw I do suck at Attila but I don't think anyone else here has won a campaign of it either!

Toonces - is there a single player part to Verdun? I've been trying to find people who actually play it around here foreva.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IronX

I don't think there is. Although I totally suck at Verdun, I'm happy to play a game with you.

Gusington

^Excellent! Do we need a team of four actual humans?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Father Ted

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2015, 05:44:26 PM
^Excellent! Do we need a team of four actual humans?

You could probably make do with Grogheads.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Swatter

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2015, 05:23:27 PM
Huw I do suck at Attila but I don't think anyone else here has won a campaign of it either!

Toonces - is there a single player part to Verdun? I've been trying to find people who actually play it around here foreva.

I won my second game as Eastern Roman Empire. It was a monster of a game, but I won. You do suck at it, no doubt :-p

Gusington

*cries in corner*

And as the ERE too?? That's the 2nd toughest faction to play as!!

Dammit. Riddle me this...is the key to winning mere survival as the basic objectives appear to be? Or is there something more? Either way I have never survived long enough to win.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

@ Gus- no single player in Verdun.  But squad teamwork seems to be key.  Frankly I had no idea what the hell I was doing...I think I called mortar fire on one of my own trenches at one point!  But if we can get 4 like-minded Grogs in a team we should have a much easier time of things.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

IronX

Quote from: Toonces on November 21, 2015, 07:23:32 PM
Frankly I had no idea what the hell I was doing...I think I called mortar fire on one of my own trenches at one point!

Sounds like my kind of team-mate!  :D

BanzaiCat



I'm doing my best to survive this wedding. Two wines, one jack and coke, and everything is better.

Swatter

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2015, 07:07:44 PM
*cries in corner*

And as the ERE too?? That's the 2nd toughest faction to play as!!

Dammit. Riddle me this...is the key to winning mere survival as the basic objectives appear to be? Or is there something more? Either way I have never survived long enough to win.

I suspect the thing that will help you most is to take an hour to watch some YouTube multiplayer battles. The key to surviving is properly using your units, especially your cavalry. Get some decent cavalry and use them for quick flanking charges and try any not to leave them in there too long getting chewed up. There was an awesome YouTuber I used to watch, though I will need to look up his name (HeirofCarthage). That guy hands you the secret key you are looking for.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 21, 2015, 08:14:05 PM

I'm doing my best to survive this wedding. Two wines, one jack and coke, and everything is better.

Dude! We want pix of the bridesmaids' décolletage, not plastic glasses half-full of mass-market vin-blanc!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Ok, so I got a few hours of Verdun in and it is pretty doggone fun.  It took me a while to figure it out, but once I did it's actually not hard at all.  It's almost exactly the same formula as Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, so if you're familiar with those you'll get this almost immediately.  Of note, it plays a lot like the RO2 campaign maps, where you'd capture territory and then move to a new map based on the territory you captured.  If you capture a point then the other team gets a chance to counter-attack and you have to hold it for a specified time in order to advance to the next objective.

Lots of trenches and crater holes...very reminiscent of some of the RO2 maps.

The Gas mechanic is neat.  If they mortar you with poison gas you have to put on a gas mask, which is pretty stifling. 

I had some sort of horrible bug when I first booted it up with all sorts of looping background noise and I was about 2 seconds from requesting a refund.  Since I rebooted the game, though, it has worked very well and sounds much, much better.  In my opinion it's worth the $10 if you're into RO2 type games.  No singleplayer that I can see, but for basic multiplayer shooty-shooty it's pretty fun.  It just took me a bit to get my bearings.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Jack always helps at weddings. And almost everything else too. Especially making the girls prettier at closing time. I got in a little DC Case Blue today and at the start of turn 9 I've upped my score of casualities against the Russians to 250,000 to 20,000 of mine. Not too shabby for an old Jack-Drinker.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Mission 1 of the campaign is over in Forged Alliance - 3 hours gameplay - built 3400 units, destroyed 8000 - epic battle