Main Menu

Here Comes the Weekend

Started by tgb, December 03, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dammit Carl!

#15
Busy out of town for the weekend before I get to be busy out of town next week; damn, do I need a better laptop.

At a minimum, I think I should do some sort of "house cleaning," on the thing before bringing in more stuff onto said laptop.

God.  All of that sounds so incredibly boring.

p.s.  Holy crap!  Forgot all about some of the other games I've gotten and just not installed - Gateway to Caen here I come!
 

Nefaro

#16
Dunno

Been in a bit of a 4X mood.  Dipping my toe in a few of those but haven't committed too much.

Doing a little Conquest Of Elysium 4 still, although that's not quite a 4X.

Thinking of delving back into MMOA such as Steel Ocean, World Of Warships, or War Thunder again after a short recent hiatus.  Kinda prefer Steel Ocean right now just because it has a wider range of roles, but nobody else I know has given it a try yet.

Barthheart

DC3 PBEM with Jason.

Wing Leader PBEM with SDR.

Some VASSAL work.

Some car work.

Maybe CiV.  ;) or U-boat Leader.

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
or U-boat Leader.

Supposed to be a Kickstarter for that and Gato Leader coming very soon. 


Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 10:32:01 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
or U-boat Leader.

Supposed to be a Kickstarter for that and Gato Leader coming very soon.

Yeah... and you know something... the sub war in the Pacific holds zero interest for me....  :buck2:

JudgeDredd

I love DVG's games, but I wasn't overly enthused by U-Boat Leader.

It wasn't a bad game imo and I initially enjoyed it as it got me away from my normal type of game but it ended up I realised it just wasn't my bag.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575

More Fallout 4. Things are coming to a head. I've been tasked with taking out the Brotherhood of Steel... seems a tall order for just one dude...

FO4's sheer scale still amazes me. I'm over 100 hours in, and there are still *plenty* of places I haven't explored.

Would like to get started with TW Attila, since i bought it on sale. I'm determined *not* to go down the modding rabbit hole with this one, the way I did with Rome II. Just want to play the damn game for a change...

Zulu1966

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 04, 2015, 10:47:44 AM
More Fallout 4. Things are coming to a head. I've been tasked with taking out the Brotherhood of Steel... seems a tall order for just one dude...

FO4's sheer scale still amazes me. I'm over 100 hours in, and there are still *plenty* of places I haven't explored.

Would like to get started with TW Attila, since i bought it on sale. I'm determined *not* to go down the modding rabbit hole with this one, the way I did with Rome II. Just want to play the damn game for a change...

I saw some videos on the base building in FO4 and it looked very cool. Is it actually useful in the game or just fluff ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Sir Slash

Still Honeymooning with my new love, Civil War II--- my very first ever AGEOD game. That's right guys, at my age and I'm still a Drag and Drop Virgin :o (it hurt the first time I did it but now I'm starting to get used to it, lubrication is the key). Any-Who the game's great and I've even been able to find my home on the game map, "Region Desoto, Fl." And they got it right. There's nothing here..... "Condition: Wild, No Roads, Woods and Mud".  Supply-0, Production-0, Income-0. That's us alright.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

sandman2575

I think the actual usefulness of building up your bases is questionable. In my view, it's something the player can do because it's fun (to a certain degree), but you do not *have* to build up massive, well defended settlements by any stretch. It's a good idea to have one 'home base' settlement that you can use for storing the millions of things you will collect in the course of playing.

Crafting, on the other hand, is hugely useful, and you need a base/settlement with a "workbench" and stored raw materials to do that. But in terms of carefully plotting out your bases with key defenses etc. -- that's entirely optional.

IronX

This weekend I look forward to dying numerous times in Verdun with Gusington.

I should also get some time with Command Modern Air/Naval Ops - last weekend's attempt to eliminate the nuclear threat posed by Pakistani militants ended in disaster when I managed to destroy the storage facility, but failed to identify and destroy the mobile launchers. :(

Oh, and some ARMA III, since I discovered it can be played on my Mac without using Bootcamp.

BigBlueFleet

WITE, I started a Barbarossa campaign as the reds earlier in the week because I'm a glutton for punishment. :knuppel2:

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:36:53 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 10:32:01 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
or U-boat Leader.

Supposed to be a Kickstarter for that and Gato Leader coming very soon.

Yeah... and you know something... the sub war in the Pacific holds zero interest for me....  :buck2:


*Sigh*

Not another Axis Fanboy.   :-\

:P

;D

Barthheart

Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 01:46:09 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:36:53 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 04, 2015, 10:32:01 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on December 04, 2015, 10:30:54 AM
or U-boat Leader.

Supposed to be a Kickstarter for that and Gato Leader coming very soon.

Yeah... and you know something... the sub war in the Pacific holds zero interest for me....  :buck2:


*Sigh*

Not another Axis Fanboy.   :-\

:P

;D

;D

Hey aren't the Japs Axis too...?

I really am not interested in the Pacific War at all, from either side.... well... except fer carrier battles.  :D

W8taminute

#29
Can you tell by the music what I'll be playing this weekend?


1.


2.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk