Main Menu

Here Comes the Weekend

Started by tgb, December 03, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 04, 2015, 12:18:19 PM
Still Honeymooning with my new love, Civil War II--- my very first ever AGEOD game. That's right guys, at my age and I'm still a Drag and Drop Virgin :o (it hurt the first time I did it but now I'm starting to get used to it, lubrication is the key). Any-Who the game's great and I've even been able to find my home on the game map, "Region Desoto, Fl." And they got it right. There's nothing here..... "Condition: Wild, No Roads, Woods and Mud".  Supply-0, Production-0, Income-0. That's us alright.

It really is a great game isn't it?  My very first AGEOD game was Civil War 1 (ACW) and I've been hooked ever since.  Civil War II is a huge improvement over the first one.  I'm glad I caved and picked it up during the recent STEAM sale.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Me too. I don't mind having to learn about the game a bit before playing it and there seems to be a lot of game under the surface. You just got to dig for it a little. I'll admit to often getting distracted by the beautiful map and just scrolling around the countryside.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Got a couple of hours of three way mp Civ IV BtS action with Tuna and a friend of mine out West.  Good times.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Going to try to meet up with peeps again tonight for Verdun, 7 or 8 Pacific time (10 or 11 EST) if I can stay awake :/
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Going to try to meet up with peeps again tonight for Verdun, 7 or 8 Pacific time (10 or 11 EST) if I can stay awake :/

I'm drunk now so I'm not sure which way this will go...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I thought you were sleepy? Now drunk? Try coffee to stay awake instead of beer.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Zulu1966

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 04, 2015, 10:47:44 AM
More Fallout 4. Things are coming to a head. I've been tasked with taking out the Brotherhood of Steel... seems a tall order for just one dude...

FO4's sheer scale still amazes me. I'm over 100 hours in, and there are still *plenty* of places I haven't explored.

Would like to get started with TW Attila, since i bought it on sale. I'm determined *not* to go down the modding rabbit hole with this one, the way I did with Rome II. Just want to play the damn game for a change...

Thanks - it might have held some interest for me if this was a key part of the game. Guess I will skip for now.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

undercovergeek

ive spent 2 hours in the Mordheim warband page picking the team and customising them - eventually ill start the game but loving the RPG side of things

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 06, 2015, 11:00:08 AM
ive spent 2 hours in the Mordheim warband page picking the team and customising them - eventually ill start the game but loving the RPG side of things

I've been wanting to begin, but I recently read that they're changing the RNG in an upcoming patch.   

Guess it was creating extra long runs of low/high rolls for people.  I know there will always be RNG complaints for digital iterations of board games but this seems like this might be a good improvement to wait for.

Either way, let us know how Mordheim is UCG.

Gusington

I'm guessing ucg has not started Mordheim yet...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

first battle in about 30 mins - the team are ready

MetalDog

Some more Beyond the Sword mp with Tuna and West.  I am Saladin, Tuna is Julius Caesar (I think) and West is Genghis Khan.  It's Pangaea with Conquest, Cultural and Diplomatic Victory Conditions.  The world is Large and there are six AI.  We're just past 200 Turns.  Tuna and Montezuma have been trading land and dead soldiers since the beginning of time.  Sitting Bull has invoked the ire of the entire rest of the world.  Suryavarman and his vassal, Mansa Musa, Shaka, Mongolia and Russia are vieing to control as much of Sitting Bull's territory as possible.  I  have just embraced a program of Culture and Great Person building, trying to take advantage of everyone else being at war.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

Awaiting early reports of your first victories ucg :)
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Mordheim is lots of fun.  My crew is about 10 missions in now.  I've lost one.  Two have developed mental disorders, one is permanently addled from concussions, one's missing an ear, and one's becoming twisted by the forces of chaos.   It's like going to a family reunion with the SDR clan.